U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-30-2017, 08:31 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,635 posts, read 2,663,015 times
Reputation: 2564

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...-east-42524610

US imperialism at work.

 
Old 12-30-2017, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Cebu, Philippines
4,435 posts, read 1,683,451 times
Reputation: 8082
Just goes to show you: Iranians are free enough to protest.

The protests have been going on for three days and the western media never thought it was newsworthy until a couple of them were killed. Now, it's "Look what Iran does to protesters"
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 AM
 
4,454 posts, read 5,746,770 times
Reputation: 2186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Just goes to show you: Iranians are free enough to protest.

The protests have been going on for three days and the western media never thought it was newsworthy until a couple of them were killed. Now, it's "Look what Iran does to protesters"
That is true.

Anyway a few months ago there was gunmen that stormed parliament building, and a shooting and gunning at a mausoleum in the capital.
 
Old 12-31-2017, 06:16 AM
 
2,567 posts, read 1,338,066 times
Reputation: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They should be good little drones and go home. Is that your assertion?
 
Old 12-31-2017, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,635 posts, read 2,663,015 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
They should be good little drones and go home. Is that your assertion?
No, but the CIA and US politicians love this sort of turmoil so that they can exploit it. If this was Saudi Arabia the media would be silent.

Now that sanctions are having there desired effects the government will think it’s now time for regime change and the placement of a US puppet (again)

America has done nothing good for Iran except for oppressing the people and arming Saddam to kill Iranians. If you think a Saudi US backed leader of Iran will give Iranians freedom you’re sadly mistaken.
 
Old 12-31-2017, 08:41 AM
 
2,567 posts, read 1,338,066 times
Reputation: 2829
Yeah, because the current Iranian government is so kind and benevolent to its people. They're warming the iron fist now, just wait and see. The blame America first crowd will somehow twist the impending slaughter to be America's fault.

BTW, every Iranian-American comment I see on FB is begging for more US support for the protesters. They have seen that crsp regime up close and personal. They know better than all of us keyboard jockeys.
 
Old 12-31-2017, 08:53 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,635 posts, read 2,663,015 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Yeah, because the current Iranian government is so kind and benevolent to its people. They're warming the iron fist now, just wait and see. The blame America first crowd will somehow twist the impending slaughter to be America's fault.

BTW, every Iranian-American comment I see on FB is begging for more US support for the protesters. They have seen that crsp regime up close and personal. They know better than all of us keyboard jockeys.
They’re out of their depth. They think America is so cool because it’s better than Iran (which is definitely true, I’ve been there) and they think if America swoops in they’ll be just like us. Little do they know all America is interested in is silencing Iran so that the Saudis can have the run of the mill. When was the last time the US has done ANYTHING good for Iran. When?

We armed Saddam to kill them, we forced dictators on to them, and now want the backwards Saudis to rule over the Persians as them as their puppet state.

You think they’ll like America then once they see their homes bombed to the ground (like we did in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Kosovo, ALL of Central America, etc.) and a new American friendly dictator?

Honest question, I hope you answer.
 
Old 12-31-2017, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,521 posts, read 3,104,293 times
Reputation: 3363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Iran needs to become a secular republic. The Persians need to return to zohorastrianism and purge the Bedouin from their culture. The mullahs are like the Vichy french regime of WW2 except they represent the occupation of the 2nd caliphate dating back to the islamic conquest of persia.

They need to build zohorastrian fire temples at the bedoiun brainwashing centers. Especially right in the heart of Qom.

They also need to start using the Pahlavi script with romanized persian instead of the arabic script.

They should start using the P sound again because there is no P sound in arabic. That is why Farsi is called Farsi instead of Parsi.

Persian women should not be required to cover their head.

If persia becomes zohorastrian or godless, there would be a lot less problems in the middle east. persians would not have a weird obession with israel and they average persian would not care about palestine. Its all because of the mullahs.

It boggles my mind that persia continues to follow the way of bedoiun. Persians are nationalistic and hate arabs. The mullahs suppress the islamic invasions and they destroy preislamic persian sites.

If sassianids did not fall, you would not have ideological social problems in asia like the taliban, pakistan, moros in the phillipines or the shariah. The Battle of Nahāvand was a tragedy for asia.

I think persians should make persia zohorastrian again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They’re out of their depth. They think America is so cool because it’s better than Iran (which is definitely true, I’ve been there) and they think if America swoops in they’ll be just like us. Little do they know all America is interested in is silencing Iran so that the Saudis can have the run of the mill. When was the last time the US has done ANYTHING good for Iran. When?

We armed Saddam to kill them, we forced dictators on to them, and now want the backwards Saudis to rule over the Persians as them as their puppet state.

You think they’ll like America then once they see their homes bombed to the ground (like we did in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Kosovo, ALL of Central America, etc.) and a new American friendly dictator?

Honest question, I hope you answer.
I don't think we're going to send troops into Iran. I'm not going to die for persians. are you?
 
Old 12-31-2017, 11:14 AM
 
2,567 posts, read 1,338,066 times
Reputation: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They’re out of their depth. They think America is so cool because it’s better than Iran (which is definitely true, I’ve been there) and they think if America swoops in they’ll be just like us. Little do they know all America is interested in is silencing Iran so that the Saudis can have the run of the mill. When was the last time the US has done ANYTHING good for Iran. When?

We armed Saddam to kill them, we forced dictators on to them, and now want the backwards Saudis to rule over the Persians as them as their puppet state.

You think they’ll like America then once they see their homes bombed to the ground (like we did in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Kosovo, ALL of Central America, etc.) and a new American friendly dictator?

Honest question, I hope you answer.
First of all, the removal of Mossadegh was a British thing that Eisenhower got suckered into. The British wanted the oil and Eisenhower obliged because Mossadegh was in bed with the Russians. With the benefit of hindsight, it might have been a bad idea. In the historical context of the time, decapitating anything communist was the correct move. Supporting the Iraqis also seemed like the correct move at the time we did it. Hindsight is always 20/20.

It's debatable as to whether the Shah was better for Iran than Mossedegh would have been. We'll never know so it is mere conjecture. One thing is for sure, the Shah was a lot better than the garbage in control now.

There's no grand plan for the Saudis to rule over Iran, even less so with Trump. That's an Illuminati conspiracy type idea. I highly doubt that we'll even get involved there other than some lip service about human rights which are just about to get obliterated.

As for Central America, no, we did not bomb all of it to the ground. Where did we drop bombs there at all? What was our involvement at all in Costa Rica?
 
Old 12-31-2017, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,635 posts, read 2,663,015 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
First of all, the removal of Mossadegh was a British thing that Eisenhower got suckered into. The British wanted the oil and Eisenhower obliged because Mossadegh was in bed with the Russians. With the benefit of hindsight, it might have been a bad idea. In the historical context of the time, decapitating anything communist was the correct move. Supporting the Iraqis also seemed like the correct move at the time we did it. Hindsight is always 20/20.

It's debatable as to whether the Shah was better for Iran than Mossedegh would have been. We'll never know so it is mere conjecture. One thing is for sure, the Shah was a lot better than the garbage in control now.

There's no grand plan for the Saudis to rule over Iran, even less so with Trump. That's an Illuminati conspiracy type idea. I highly doubt that we'll even get involved there other than some lip service about human rights which are just about to get obliterated.

As for Central America, no, we did not bomb all of it to the ground. Where did we drop bombs there at all? What was our involvement at all in Costa Rica?
When under the Reagan administration (though I don’t blame Reagan himself) we armed Saddam with chemical weapons we didn’t do it because we thought The mullahs were bad people; we did it because they were a threat to our influence.

Mossedegh was a socialist and would potentially side with the Soviet Union, so the CIA (the British were involved but the CIA were the main perpetrators) took him out. In this case (like every case) America acted out of self interest, not because we cared about the Iranian people.

There may not be some grand conspiracy but once Iran is made irrelevant by a revolution the Saudis will take Syria, Iraq, and Yemen under their influence creating an unopposed rule with America and the Saudis at the head (and that won’t be good for anyone).

It’s sad actually that young Iranians think neocons and the CIA care about them, once the Mullahs are gone they’ll make a “democracy” that is carefully watched over like Afghanistan and maybe open up a few military bases to keep US terror in the Middle East alive while Saudi funded radical Wahhabism spreads like wildfire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top