U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 02:36 PM

345 posts, read 154,595 times

Advertisements

What a wonderful gift from their father. Traveling the world changes you as a person and teaches you so much - more than you learn in school (IMO). I'm glad they enjoyed. Bali is high on my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 05:09 PM

478 posts, read 189,326 times
wow nice hope u and fam enjoy in bali ..

btw,bali is not just tourists from australia, now a lot of tourists from europe and america come on holiday to bali, yesterday I flew from jakarta to bali almost all the tourists at ngurah rai airport come from europe and america, then from bali few days later I went to visit labuhan bajo / Komodo fly with garuda indonesia, which surprised me in that plane full of white people with blond hair, then I sat next them, and I asked one of your passengers where from? he told me we are all here are americans from california , this passenger in this plane is all from america come with entourage .. I am shocked and think they are people from europe

Old 01-07-2018, 05:19 PM

78,532 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
wow nice hope u and fam enjoy in bali ..

btw,bali is not just tourists from australia, now a lot of tourists from europe and america come on holiday to bali, yesterday I flew from jakarta to bali almost all the tourists at ngurah rai airport come from europe and america, then from bali few days later I went to visit labuhan bajo / Komodo fly with garuda indonesia, which surprised me in that plane full of white people with blond hair, then I sat next them, and I asked one of your passengers where from? he told me we are all here are americans from california , this passenger in this plane is all from america come with entourage .. I am shocked and think they are people from europe
Bali has been popular with Americans since young Americans discovered it in the 1960's.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 AM

1,789 posts, read 1,448,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
for this year's holiday exploration. My family are not cold weather people so they head for warm weather. They are staying at the Westin on Bali and just got a note from them that what an amazing trip it's been for them. They are returning to So. Calif in a couple days. The boy is a picky eater, but has grown to enjoy sushi...wonder if he's having a hard time eating. Talking about how gracious the people are and how they love Americans.
Bali is great if, like other people have stated, you get out and actually see Bali.

Very easy to get caught up in the typical tourist trap areas.

As far as the people, I find that while there are some genuine people there, many are doing what ever it takes to get $. You have to keep that in mind.

The police force is corrupt. Nothing gets done without paying them. If you drive a scooter, or walk around acting stupid, prepare to get taxed by them.

I find the food to be more bland than I am used to with Malay/Indonesian cuisine. I didn't like the food at all the first couple times I went there. After some planning and going to specific places I did get some great food though on my trip there last spring. I did go to a sushi place there and it was actually a decent sushi place and not one just full of california roll style sushi.

Its a very unique place for sure and I think its a pretty safe place barring the popular red light / party scene.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:12 AM

48 posts, read 67,553 times
My daughter spent a week in Bali too last year. Just like us, she seeks out and likes to experience what the locals experience such as staying in places where you are not too isolated from interacting with the locals. Along with seeking out and experiencing native food. And meeting people and making friends from various parts of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or