U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 07:11 PM

5,659 posts, read 3,642,101 times

Advertisements

Hindus hold cows to be sacred (or so Iíve heard), yet we eat them by the slaughterhouse-full, notwithstanding the efforts of the Chick-fil-A cows. Whatís the difference between that and Chinese people eating dogs?

Old 01-11-2018, 07:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 2,647,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Hindus hold cows to be sacred (or so Iíve heard), yet we eat them by the slaughterhouse-full, notwithstanding the efforts of the Chick-fil-A cows. Whatís the difference between that and Chinese people eating dogs?
Watch the video, they take a pet dog by the leash and force him over a wall to slaughter.

Dogs are not breed farm animals, they are emotionally connected to humans and are raised as such.
For shame China, for shame.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:05 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,602,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Watch the video, they take a pet dog by the leash and force him over a wall to slaughter.

You just need to understand such things are extremely rare in China. I lived there for more than 20 years and have never seen one case. YouTube magnifies a lot of things and makes people stupid by introducing biased info.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:32 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,436,210 times
Yeah Koreans eat dogs too. Pretty gross and yet they look down on others so much.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:20 AM

5,753 posts, read 4,167,874 times
I eat beef, pork, chicken and turkey. Some of my family members hunt moose, deer and rabbit so I don't criticize any form of meat eaters. I also love dogs and horses, so I can't imagine anyone eating them but I don't live in a country that eats them.

What I DO CRITICIZE AND CANNOT tolerate, is if I hear of cruelty involved in the killing process or handling of any animal, here or in ANY other country in the world. Some of our slaughter houses in North America are guilty of this, and definitely more regulation and inspections NEED to be done to ensure humane practices are used.

Some cultures believe in strange things when it comes to human consumption, and believing meat is more tender or tasty if an animal is tortured first is JUST PLAIN WRONG and should be outlawed and the guilty should be prosecuted IMO.
Pulling a dog's front legs over its back and tying their feet together as a carry handle to take home is just an atrocious practice. The pain those poor animals suffer is just inexcusable.

I will not watch the video on this thread about the slaughter process of dogs in China, but it may be the same video I once saw a part clip of and immediately turned it off, aghast that people would even do something so horrible to animals.
It literally made me sick and I wish I could "un-see" it.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 AM

5,659 posts, read 3,642,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Dogs are not breed farm animals, they are emotionally connected to humans and are raised as such.
For shame China, for shame.
I prefer not to watch videos that show cruelty to living creatures. If they are taking someone's pet, then yes, shame on them. And if they are torturing animals, then again, shame on them.

I have no "beef" with people eating meat, regardless of the source. But I can't abide animal cruelty.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:39 AM

667 posts, read 278,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmun View Post
Have you been to China? That person's video is a bit extreme. I don't know why anyone take his videos seriously.
Most YouTube creators are sleazy idiots capitalizing on the fact that a large portion of viewers are children. So now many of them are resorting to putting out this cheesy click bait in the style of "educational videos" on YouTube to gain views. Just one more reason why I wish YouTube would die and Twitch and other video sites take over.

Old 01-12-2018, 12:45 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,910,211 times
Honestly, what's so special about dogs? Some people in central / south america eat guinea pigs, way cuter than dogs and also a pet animal. Why no outrage over that? Animals are animals, some are smarter and stupider than others, is all. If dogs are so emotionally connected to humans you wouldn't see stories after stories in the media about dogs killing / mauling / eating the very humans who've bonded / fed / treated them like their own children.

I'm not anti dogs, nor have I ever eaten dog meat, but nobody should have any right to shame another person (let alone entire country) over eating preference.

Old 01-12-2018, 02:38 PM

117 posts, read 64,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I eat beef, pork, chicken and turkey. Some of my family members hunt moose, deer and rabbit so I don't criticize any form of meat eaters. I also love dogs and horses, so I can't imagine anyone eating them but I don't live in a country that eats them.

What I DO CRITICIZE AND CANNOT tolerate, is if I hear of cruelty involved in the killing process or handling of any animal, here or in ANY other country in the w....t.
Have you ever visited slaughter plants in US or read any report about the animal cruelty in these plants?

Some reports said often animals like cows are being skinned alive when they are sent through machines. Their bodies are still moving even for hours after they have skinned. It is gruesome. I don't really want to discuss it in details.

Most people in USA and many places enjoy eating lobsters and other Most of them don't really care they are being cooked slowly alive.

Where is the outcry for that? Most people tend to ignore the process. I agree with you that prolong any any kind of suffering is wrong and very cruel. It should be done very quickly.

Old 01-12-2018, 06:35 PM
DKM

2,822 posts, read 1,006,691 times
Carnivore = pet. Herbivore = food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or