U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2018, 08:10 PM

2,061 posts, read 760,505 times

Advertisements

It's pretty clear that Trump is Anti Pakistan and China, which is good for India. This is pretty obvious to Indians right? Modi and Trump seem to have a good relationship as well and have similar policy positions. This could be the beginning of a long standing friendship! I hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 08:36 PM

4,508 posts, read 3,090,953 times
pakistan needs to be split up or south asia needs to reunify under a secular democratic government with a uniform civil code and english as one of its official languages.

China can still win out depending on leadership and if their economy does not slow down.

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 01-23-2018 at 09:10 PM..

Old 01-24-2018, 02:02 AM

6,722 posts, read 6,597,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
pakistan needs to be split up or south asia needs to reunify under a secular democratic government with a uniform civil code and english as one of its official languages.

China can still win out depending on leadership and if their economy does not slow down.
Democracy may not be good for economy when the starting point is very low. There have been few if any successful examples.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:03 PM

862 posts, read 425,328 times
If the restriction on work visas keep talent in India, this will benefit India in a limited way. I don't think India's US relations will have a great impact on China or Pakistan unless there's a war, which there probably won't be.

In a few years India will gain spotlight as the number one country by population. As the world becomes more digital I think India will benefit with their talented/educated work force. My company uses their cheap IT services from within India itself which is mutually very beneficial with US.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:59 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,185,359 times
I live in Thailand, and would actually visit India. Not a fan of the mainland Chinese, at all. They have some of the worst manners, ever. And always travel in large groups in tour groups. The locals hate them. You can get an India visa online, now I think it is about 130 USD and good for a calendar year. Nothing is more portable than IT work..don't believe the visa hype, there never has been much reason to it.

Old 01-25-2018, 07:30 AM

12,253 posts, read 18,390,529 times
India can be a good strategic partner with the US. Trump has been stressing the "Indo-Pacific region", purposely clumping them into the same regional description.
I wouldn't call Trump anti-Chinese, but there are trade issues he is trying to resolve, and of course the N. Korea issue.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:33 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,185,359 times
Moderator cut: off topic

I think Trump actually likes the Chinese and just wants good and fair business, as he does with everyone. Moderator cut: off topic The Koreans, Vietnamese, Chinese, and even the Thais are great to do business with and have a lot to offer, but they are all big system players and literally need to be kept in line, as you would know if you ever have boarded a plane or been to a ticket counter in E Asia..commonly called Que Jumping.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-27-2018 at 02:59 PM..

Old 01-26-2018, 08:53 AM

12,253 posts, read 18,390,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I don't think india will fight afghanistan or india. They could take afghanistan by social engineering with bollywood.

China is a different matter. You need china's economy to slow down so the middle class will revolt, have a yellow turban rebellion, and the cut the heads off the ccp.

Trump only likes india because he has buildings there. If he did not, india would probably have been on a travel ban.
China and India have good relations except when it comes to the South China Sea. And for that topic it's like China vs. The Rest Of The World anyways.

In terms of Afhiganistan, they don't care because between them and Afighanistan is there arch enemy Pakistan. India is a target for terrorism, go to a western hotel in Delhi and each are like Fort Knox's - high fences, gates, security, metal detectors. But for India it's not about Taliban, Al Quida, or ISIS... nothing like that. All terrorism is blamed on PAKISTAN, the country, the government. It's funny really how single minded they are. Perhaps they are right however, most of these terrorists flood in over the border of Pakistan. I kept on thinking when I was in Delhi years ago that Osama Bin Laden was merely a day-long taxi ride away over the border.

Old 01-27-2018, 03:07 PM

14,724 posts, read 10,613,501 times
Any posts in this thread that focus on American politics will be deleted as off topic. This means any post that has references to "liberal/conservatives" or "Democrats/Republicans" or anything not DIRECTLY related to India's status as an American partner.

Posts about American politics not DIRECTLY related to Asia belong in P&OC.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:50 AM

3 posts, read 564 times
I think it would be good for India as a whole if someone forces those educated immigrants departed for the US back to India by exporting the jobs to India.

Considering that a fraction of the money being spent in the US on those Indians can be stretched further (and do more good development) in India, I presume that this might easily be possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or