U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:02 AM

5,554 posts, read 2,890,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You have got to be kidding! Being "behind the times" is exactly why it's getting more polluted - like London in the 19th century at the height of the industrial revolution the factories are popping up as quick as they can make them, using the cheapest filthiest unregulated equipment and methods they can find. I know you mentioned diapers, but that is a small element in the total discussion. The topic includes water pollution, land pollution caused by overgrazing and bad farming practices, deforestation, desertification, water usage by it's coal firing industries polluting streams, coastal pollution causing algae blooms. China is failing in all these areas.

16 of the worlds 20 top polluted cities are in China.

Slowly...slowly, the people in China itself are starting to put pressure on the government, in spite of it's rigid structure, to enact rules and regulations.
I said behind the times in terms of not using diapers. I never said anything about pollution or anything else. Talk about making things up and then arguing about the made up stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 09:07 AM

12,258 posts, read 18,390,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I said behind the times in terms of not using diapers. I never mentioned that being behind the times in anything else. Talk about making things up and then arguing about the made up stuff.
Yes I realized that and that's the reason I mentioned it in context - the point being mentioning diapers is so immaterial to the total pollution discussion as to be irrelevant.
No one is arguing about made up stuff, what was made up?

But anyways, this discussion is about manners. Let's get back to spitting...

Old 02-06-2018, 01:43 PM

4,847 posts, read 3,374,646 times
Funny stuff. Get out of your HDB flat in Singapore and walk down to the local food court with the locals and have a few Tiger beers. They have endless stories about the PRC's. With the culture class and even the language differences a lot of old time Singaporeans feel like they're living in a foreign country with the influx of mainlanders.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:05 PM

652 posts, read 581,038 times
Where's Botticelli in all of this? He usually chimes in on these topics. What happened to that guy? He was awesome....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or