U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 08:09 AM

116 posts, read 63,731 times

Advertisements

I'd tend to agree with some of the posters here. My Vietnamese friend even tells me that Vietnamese don't actually trust each other and often keep all of their earnings inside the house, but they do trust (to some extent) their Chinese partners a bit more. My friend has lived in major U.S. Vietnamese communities all his life, so I think his points are more valid than some others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 01:13 AM

3,615 posts, read 1,628,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooo View Post
There is another thread out there about Chinese behavior and manners.

What do you think about Vietnamese behavior and manners? Similar or much better, or a little better? How would you compare?
I like working with Vietnamese. They're not afraid to have a bit of fun with their work. They speak directly. Nobody's afraid of a bit of hard work. Things are very common sense. You can find trouble if you go looking for it, but most are live and let live. I'd say some of those that are in power (government/church) can display inflexibility, but that's the far minority. Overall I find myself enjoying work with Viet teams.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:44 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
I like working with Vietnamese. They're not afraid to have a bit of fun with their work. They speak directly. Nobody's afraid of a bit of hard work. Things are very common sense. You can find trouble if you go looking for it, but most are live and let live. I'd say some of those that are in power (government/church) can display inflexibility, but that's the far minority. Overall I find myself enjoying work with Viet teams.
They do have an amazing work ethic. I think, eventually, they are going to be an economic powerhouse. It's not uncommon to see Vietnamese awake at 5am, selling what looks like a handful of weeds the picked up off the side of the road, and try to sell it all day for the next 16 hours.

Than you take a trip across to somewhere like Cambodia, and you can barely find someone who has enough work ethic in them to take a few minutes to stamp your passport.

Old 02-25-2018, 07:20 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
I'll have to get back to Vietnam again...2000 and 2002 are the only two times I've been. I'm sure it has changed a lot.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:24 PM

657 posts, read 582,522 times
I didn't know Cambodia was like that. I knew like 5 years ago when labor costs were increasing crazy in China, many Taiwan and Mainland businessmen were visiting cheap labor countries like Cambodia to set up factories there. I don't know one who actually did as they said the government wasn't easy to deal with and there was so much red tape.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:35 AM

1 posts, read 224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooo View Post
There is another thread out there about Chinese behavior and manners.

What do you think about Vietnamese behavior and manners? Similar or much better, or a little better? How would you compare?
Bạn bị trộm cắp ở Trung Quốc th mi mi sẽ khng được tm thấy mn đồ của bạn.
Bạn bị trộm cắp ở Việt Nam chỉ mất 1 ngy mn đồ sẽ quay lại với bạn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or