Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2018, 09:12 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,392,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You didn't tell us anything in this thread that was accurate. In fact, almost everything you stated in your numerous posts on this thread was factually wrong.
Another thing contradictory is you seem to be giving credit for, not North Korea's desire for peace and unity as the fun loving country you claim it to be, but for the current US president's threats as forcing them to the bargaining table - those actions (sanctions and threats) which you were previously condemning.

Now, that being said, let's all hope indeed this is the first steps to stabilization in that region. Let's hope that it isn't one of N. Korea's many attempts to stall for time as they perfect there nuclear program, as they have done so many times before. Let's also hope the Trump doesn't fall for this diversion and misdirection as, again, so many presidents have in the past.

But remember your first post on this topic - this isn't "korea united". There is one goal here - denuclearization. And only then should talks continue.
Nothing I’ve said has been wrong or contradictory; previous administration are to blame for the destruction and terror that is NK today. The reason it’s not like Cuba is because of how the us government has treated the North Korean people, these things don’t happen by themselves.

Now Trump is meeting with their leaders, he’ll get denuclearization, internal reforms will take place in NK and then reunification. It’s like a set of dominos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2018, 09:49 AM

14,990 posts, read 23,811,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Nothing I’ve said has been wrong or contradictory; previous administration are to blame for the destruction and terror that is NK today. The reason it’s not like Cuba is because of how the us government has treated the North Korean people, these things don’t happen by themselves.

Now Trump is meeting with their leaders, he’ll get denuclearization, internal reforms will take place in NK and then reunification. It’s like a set of dominos.
For the second paragraph...let's all hope...

For the first paragraph. I would need a cray computer to count the number of errors you made in this topic. Some of it is opinionated (the opinion that the sister of the NK leader is "drop dead gorgeous" for instance, which I do not personally find to be the case, or that she is "too beautiful to be evil"), I will let those opinions pass. But a small list of factual errors:
1.) You said NK developed there nuclear program as a result of the Invasion of Iraq. TRUTH CHECK - untrue, NK started to seriously develop it's nuclear program in the mid-90s, however even then they began there quest to obtain nuclear weapons in the 70s and 80s.
2.) You implied sanction against NK was a US efforts. TRUTH CHECK - Untrue. Sanctions against NK are a global UN effort. Almost every country in the world has signed off and participates with sanctions against that government.
3.) You dismissed West Germany as a tiny insignificant country shadowed by Soviet Russia TRUTH CHECK - Untrue. Germany was already a world leader in Europe and a challenge to Russia and had been ever since it's roots and Prussia and the German states for centuries.
4.) Mentioned that US was trying to "invade" North Korea. TRUTH CHECK - Untrue. The US has never set foot in North Korea as an act of aggression since the armistice in 1953 in which North Korea INVADED it's southern neighbor. It keeps a sizable defense force in place across the border "DMZ". In contrast N. Korea has been involved in various acts of aggression with it's neighbors, including sinking S. Korean ships, shelling villages, kidnapping Japanese and South Korean citizens, etc.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Previous administration are to blame for the destruction and terror that is NK today. The reason it’s not like Cuba is because of how the us government has treated the North Korean people, these things don’t happen by themselves.
Ah I forgot this one. TRUTHCHECK - Untrue. North Korea alone is responsible for the destruction and terror that is NK today. Prior to the Korean War, they were actually a thriving industrial power while the south was the poor agricultural power. North Korea alone chose to invade our ally South Korea which led to 3 years of devestation on both sides.
North Korea did rebuild from that war, as did the south, but they were hindered by a backward economic system that depended on Soviet support to even keep them afloat. Once Soviet Russia collapsed, so did the N. Korea economy and it's flow of handouts, and the true brunt of it's economic choice showed it's hands. The sanction imposed by the UN did not really begin until 2006 but the serious decline came to effect in the early 1990s, and even earlier. In summary - the country is a basket case - sanctions or not. This is all backed up by economic numbers if you wish for me to go into more detail.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:47 AM

16,265 posts, read 43,058,695 times
Quote:
Trump isn't meeting anyone. That was a statement he made to get the news off of Stormy Daniels. He has no intention of meeting NK. Immediately after that cycle of news was released, Trump made excuses that he couldn't meet with NK after all.

Reunification. What is your assumption here? Are you assuming that the leaders of NK are just going to step aside, and let SK control, while they take on janitorial jobs? Or vise-versa? Reunification implies one of the two countries agrees to cease to exist. It's like assuming that U.S. Republicans will agree to cease to exist, just because 'France' says so. NK will agree to that the same day that Fox News agrees to cease to exit and concedes to CNN.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:57 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,878,228 times
North Korea hasn’t responded to Trumps acceptance and they haven’t even reported it in any N Korean news agency. They’re probably going to pretend it didn’t happen.

Trump has also backtracked some on the meeting.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:15 PM

17,390 posts, read 11,928,921 times
Quote:
Not true.

Anyways NK is bad today (even if it’s the pentagon’s fault) and needs to be dealt with as such. Now that they are coming to the table North Korea can have internal reforms which will THEN lead to reunification.
You've made the claim. When has our army invaded Korea?

Old 03-12-2018, 04:28 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,392,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You've made the claim. When has our army invaded Korea?
the korean war.

Before you say that was a UN army I'll inform you it was leader by American commanders and generals, with the majority of the troops and weapons being American as well; the UN was just a cover for US aggression.

I'm sure you'll bring up the fact that the North Invaded first but that was Korean soldiers trying to reunify the country for the fake western puppet state with no functioning economy after ww2.

The North Korean army was a majority Korean army with some Chinese/soviet help while on the south Korean side it was a majority foreign army propped up by the US (similar to Vietnam).

Old 03-12-2018, 05:38 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,878,228 times
Quote:
the korean war.

Before you say that was a UN army I'll inform you it was leader by American commanders and generals, with the majority of the troops and weapons being American as well; the UN was just a cover for US aggression.

I'm sure you'll bring up the fact that the North Invaded first but that was Korean soldiers trying to reunify the country for the fake western puppet state with no functioning economy after ww2.

The North Korean army was a majority Korean army with some Chinese/soviet help while on the south Korean side it was a majority foreign army propped up by the US (similar to Vietnam).
Korea was divided after WWII in 1945 (much like Germany). The Soviet Union occupied the north and the Allies (led by the US) occupied the south. Both Korea’s were governed (aka puppets of their respective occupiers) for at least the first few years, S Korea held its first “democratic” election in 1948 and elected their first president who was very anti communist, while I believe the US likely meddled in that election, I also believe an anti communist president would have won regardless. The North, backed and supported by the Soviets started the war in 1950.

The US was not the aggressor, which isn’t true in many other modern US led wars. I doubt the Soviets completely anticipated what Kim was planning on doing after the war. But the soviets are the ones who created the Kim family diety position. Soviet and N korean relations deteriorated quickly, and the Soviets lost control (unlike East Germany) and even Russia has denounced what the Soviets did to influence the Korean War.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,454,441 times
Seriously?! NK and SK are two separate societies. Reunification doesn’t seem likely. Pretty sure SK prefers the way it is compared to NK. Denuclearization is a different matter.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
the korean war.

Well that is strange, the rest of the world claims that N. Korea started the Korean War by invading South Korea in 1950. You alone must have attended an alternative history fantasy course where they taught that South Korea and Americans started the war.

South Korean military suffered some 150,000 battle deaths in that war, sure sounds like they pulled there fare share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia