U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2018, 01:23 PM

9,747 posts, read 2,703,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Yes but you never answered the question - what country are you posting from or what nationality are you? Your writing indicates that English may be a second language.

I hate to be the tin-foil hat conspiracy theory guy but are you an employee of one of those Russian groups that Putin hires to go into public forums and write a bunch of nonsense just to mess with our heads?
It's a silly thought, but I can not come up with any other explanation of your responses here.
No, Iím American and live in the US.

As for my typos, I usually type on my phone and am prone to mistakes; I know I should spend more time looking over what I write before but nonetheless I assure you, English is my first language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,658,436 times
Quote:
Yes but you never answered the question - what country are you posting from or what nationality are you? Your writing indicates that English may be a second language.

I hate to be the tin-foil hat conspiracy theory guy but are you an employee of one of those Russian groups that Putin hires to go into public forums and write a bunch of nonsense just to mess with our heads?
It's a silly thought, but I can not come up with any other explanation of your responses here.
If he was a paid propagandist he would know more about what he is discussing. Heís obviously pretty clueless on North Korea. Iíd guess heís just some guy who hates America and tries to create rubbish to make people hate America too. Americaís foreign policy leaves a lot to be desired, if one wants to make America look bad, just talk about what we did in Guatemala or a handful of other countries. Very few people see the US in the wrong on N Korea, even Russia has become somewhat anti-North Korean and Russia hasnít officially sold military equipment to N Korea since the Soviet years of 1989.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
If he was a paid propagandist he would know more about what he is discussing. Heís obviously pretty clueless on North Korea. Iíd guess heís just some guy who hates America and tries to create rubbish to make people hate America too. Americaís foreign policy leaves a lot to be desired, if one wants to make America look bad, just talk about what we did in Guatemala or a handful of other countries. Very few people see the US in the wrong on N Korea, even Russia has become somewhat anti-North Korean and Russia hasnít officially sold military equipment to N Korea since the Soviet years of 1989.
Not true, I love America.

I just call strikes when I see them.

Old 03-15-2018, 06:40 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,658,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

What strike? That America protected the sovereignty of the Koreans? You have literally refuted nothing. The Kims donít get to determine the destiny of all Koreans. They had no right to form a government. They were no more then opportunistic warlords.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:34 PM

2,781 posts, read 1,031,032 times
Quote:

Then you should be more open about calling out other countries when they try to pull off their own shenanigans, instead of just criticizing the US.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Then you should be more open about calling out other countries when they try to pull off their own shenanigans, instead of just criticizing the US.
The best thing anyone can in private and public spheres is to focus on your own wrong doings and amend them.

The world doesnít change with people lecturing others, it changes by leadership by example. If you want to influence others fix yourself and motivate other that they should to.

Itís elementary philosophy.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:31 AM

12,390 posts, read 18,484,010 times
Quote:
No, I’m American and live in the US.

As for my typos, I usually type on my phone and am prone to mistakes; I know I should spend more time looking over what I write before but nonetheless I assure you, English is my first language.
Somehow that just "de-mystified" this entire thread. I pictured you, not as a Putin stooge, but as someone living in perhaps a former communist block authoritative country with limited access to information, no free press, subject to daily anti-west propaganda. That aspect is fascinating to explore.

The reality is that you are just a misguided American with ultra-extreme view is now....boring.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Somehow that just "de-mystified" this entire thread. I pictured you, not as a Putin stooge, but as someone living in perhaps a former communist block authoritative country with limited access to information, no free press, subject to daily anti-west propaganda. That aspect is fascinating to explore.

The reality is that you are just a misguided American with ultra-extreme view is now....boring.
most of the former eastern blocs (except for Belarus which was part of the USSR) is filled with western propaganda.

sorry to let you down btw.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:01 AM

116 posts, read 64,980 times
Quote:

I'm also American living in the States, and for some reason it's not that uncommon to find another American with similar views as him. We're a plurality of opinions in that regard, for sure, lol (I'm being sarcastic).

I've also noticed that increasingly, CNN likes to air 'sanitized' coverage of North Korea, as in showing images of North Korea's 1% elite, etc etc. I've met some people who thought North was the one hosting the Winter Olympics because CNN couldn't stop talking about North Korea almost all of February.

I'm embarrassed sometimes to be living in a country where many people can't even locate where North Korea is on the map. There's a viral Jimmy Kimmel video where people were asked to find North Korea.

To Jimmy's (and everyone's horror), a surprising number of people picked Canada.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attisbons View Post
I'm also American living in the States, and for some reason it's not that uncommon to find another American with similar views as him. We're a plurality of opinions in that regard, for sure, lol (I'm being sarcastic).

I've also noticed that increasingly, CNN likes to air 'sanitized' coverage of North Korea, as in showing images of North Korea's 1% elite, etc etc. I've met some people who thought North was the one hosting the Winter Olympics because CNN couldn't stop talking about North Korea almost all of February.

I'm embarrassed sometimes to be living in a country where many people can't even locate where North Korea is on the map. There's a viral Jimmy Kimmel video where people were asked to find North Korea.

To Jimmy's (and everyone's horror), a surprising number of people picked Canada.
Impossible to compare me to those people.

I've lived in Iran. I'm much more aware of what is happening globally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or