U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-16-2018, 05:41 PM
 
4,441 posts, read 4,444,893 times
Reputation: 3513

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The world doesn't agree completely.

In Iran most people see the Kim regime as ridiculous and evil but they also (my family at least) find American hypocrisy on the issue equally as ridiculous.

NBC and CNN suck so I agree with you there (though lester holt seems like a good person on the inside).
I sorry but, The US doesn't threat to nuke other country. North Korea repeatedly threaten to nuke the US repeatedly.

Non of countries from the US, UK, India and Chinia and etc with Nukes make threats to use them on other countries. This a big difference from Iran to North Korea who goverment basically make hate speech towards western countries which is one of the reason why the UN oppose it.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXo-Vov_98Y



A new North Korean video shows missiles destroying a U.S. city in a giant fireball | washingtonpost

Inside North Korea, and Feeling the Drums of War | NYTimes

Another strange thing the US do not test warheads over another country, North Korea test shot miles over Japan, that's like as if US test missile by shooting them over part of Mexico or Canada.

North Korea fires second ballistic missile over Japan | bbc

UN condemns Ďoutrageousí North Korea missile launch, Pyongyang says more to come | cnbc


https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...41711764-1.jpg

So the hold notion it's just hypocrisy that North Korea shouldn't have Nukes are oblivious that North Korea threatening behavior is unlike the Countries that have them in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2018, 06:23 PM
 
4,441 posts, read 4,444,893 times
Reputation: 3513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
South Koreans arenít the ones who dictate if something was morally wrong and the cause of the problems we have today.

Itíd have been better for the world (relatively) had we let the communist win, in exchange Korea as a whole would look like Vietnam today, a fast (albeit undeveloped) economy and a united people.

Instead we have 25 million people suffering and nuclear warfare at the southís doorsteps because American military leaders decided to take charge of the collapsed SK government and level the entire north to the ground and laugh about it creating a mentally unstable Kim regime.
Why not? South Korea it's there country. how are you going to say "South Koreans arenít the ones who dictate" something about there on country then proced to same it would be better to have something they didn't want. South Koreans prefer to be split to have a capitalist country, then to be united under a communist state with the north.

And your last paragraph is just false. What your trying to do place blame on the the US. So it's okay that USSR influence and aid communist revouation in these places but it was wrong for the US to defend the places that wanted a capitalist society? And not only that but NK threatening behavior is the US fault. And not the USSR for historically peeping up these place in the first place?

Soviet Civil Administration North Korea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 08:26 AM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,668,599 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
North Korea had a smaller population yet more than 1.5 mil people were killed, comparatively south Korea had a larger population and some 900,000 in total were killed.

Big numbers on both sides but the winner both in raw numbers and proportionally is obvious.

Also you forget to mention the actual physical damage. You can read about it, North Korea, unlike the south, was almost entirely flattened.
Most of the war happened in the North, thatís why more people died there. The N Koreans and Chinese were on the defensive much of the war, expect for their initial push and a few pushes toward the end of the war.

The Kims were doing horrible things to their people since the very beginning, it is not just a recent development. When N Korean students started arriving back in N Korea from the Soviet Union in the early 1950ís, Kim started killing them because many of them didnít accept his cult of personality. They have been evil since day 1.

We almost lost Korea and it nearly did all end of in Kims hands, which you promote for some bonkers reason. We didnít have the manpower to stop Chinese forces, our only option was to use our superior air and sea power.

Just imagine what the world would be like today if there was a unified Korea under Kim and if Maos son had never died in the Korean War. It would be a nightmare and the situation today would be much worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 08:53 AM
 
15,751 posts, read 9,312,873 times
Reputation: 14249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Nowhere to the same extent AND the North was decried as the bad guys while the south got international support.
How do you know it wasn't to the same extent? Nobody knows that. But we do know the south was decimated.

And the north was decried as the bad guys because they WERE the bad guys. They invaded South Korea. Period. Whatever their motivation, that is a fact. And it wasn't up to them to decide to "unify" the peninsula. That's called......wait for it.....an INVASION.

After the war ended, which is still the "past", the north attacked the south plenty of times. Or does that not count, since it doesn't fit with your narrative that the north is good and the south and US is bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 09:03 AM
 
15,751 posts, read 9,312,873 times
Reputation: 14249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
North Korea had a smaller population yet more than 1.5 mil people were killed, comparatively south Korea had a larger population and some 900,000 in total were killed.

Big numbers on both sides but the winner both in raw numbers and proportionally is obvious.

Also you forget to mention the actual physical damage. You can read about it, North Korea, unlike the south, was almost entirely flattened.
Every one of those 1.5 million people would have lived if the north hadn't attacked the south.

Although I am curious as to where where you got those numbers. The reports of casualties, both civilian and military, are wildly different, depending on who is doing the reporting. And I've never seen any report, even from the Chinese or North Koreans, that said 1.5 million people were killed. Not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 10:07 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 18,525,858 times
Reputation: 19550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
North Korea had a smaller population yet more than 1.5 mil people were killed, comparatively south Korea had a larger population and some 900,000 in total were killed.

Big numbers on both sides but the winner both in raw numbers and proportionally is obvious.


Also you forget to mention the actual physical damage. You can read about it, North Korea, unlike the south, was almost entirely flattened.
What am I up to, #9 of your inaccuracies? You just can't keep on posting BS here, you will be challenged.

9.) Claim of 1.5 million North Korean civilian deaths, exceeding S. Korea death rate which had a larger population. TRUTH CHECK - UNTRUE. The number of civilian deaths may never be known but Encyclopedia Britannica estimates 600,000 North Korean civilian deaths vs. 1,000,000 South Korean civilian deaths. Making the proportion almost equal via population numbers north vs. south. You may be confusing the military death figure. Source is below.

https://www.britannica.com/event/Korean-War

No doubt the North Korean's still blame us for the destruction in the Korean War, but they are taught that the US and South Korea alone caused the war while the peace loving country of North Korea was just minding it's own business.
But, open to a free press that understands that North Korea invaded the south, what's your excuse??

Last edited by Dd714; 03-17-2018 at 10:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 10:14 AM
 
12,436 posts, read 18,525,858 times
Reputation: 19550
I feel the need to summarize list of mistakes made by OP in this thread. Number 5 and number 6 are somewhat redundant, however you've repeated the same inaccuracies so many times I will let it stand:

1.) You said NK developed there nuclear program as a result of the Invasion of Iraq. TRUTH CHECK - untrue, NK started to seriously develop it's nuclear program in the mid-90s, however even then they began there quest to obtain nuclear weapons in the 70s and 80s.

2.) You implied sanction against NK was a US efforts. TRUTH CHECK - Untrue. Sanctions against NK are a global UN effort. Almost every country in the world has signed off and participates with sanctions against that government.

3.) You dismissed West Germany as a tiny insignificant country shadowed by Soviet Russia TRUTH CHECK - Untrue. Germany was already a world leader in Europe and a challenge to Russia and had been ever since it's roots and Prussia and the German states for centuries.

4.) Mentioned that US was trying to "invade" North Korea. TRUTH CHECK - Untrue. The US has never set foot in North Korea as an act of aggression since the armistice in 1953 in which North Korea INVADED it's southern neighbor. It keeps a sizable defense force in place across the border "DMZ". In contrast N. Korea has been involved in various acts of aggression with it's neighbors, including sinking S. Korean ships, shelling villages, kidnapping Japanese and South Korean citizens, etc.

5.) "Previous administration are to blame for the destruction and terror that is NK today." TRUTHCHECK - Untrue. North Korea alone is responsible for the destruction and terror that is NK today. Prior to the Korean War, they were actually a thriving industrial power while the south was the poor agricultural power. North Korea alone chose to invade our ally South Korea which led to 3 years of devestation on both sides.
North Korea did rebuild from that war, as did the south, but they were hindered by a backward economic system that depended on Soviet support to even keep them afloat. Once Soviet Russia collapsed, so did the N. Korea economy and it's flow of handouts, and the true brunt of it's economic choice showed it's hands. The sanction imposed by the UN did not really begin until 2006 but the serious decline came to effect in the early 1990s, and even earlier. In summary - the country is a basket case - sanctions or not. This is all backed up by economic numbers if you wish for me to go into more detail.

6.) You claimed the current state of North Korea was due to the Korean War 1950 to 1953. TRUTH CHECK: Untrue. North Korea successfully rebuilt from that war - With the help of Soviet aid the country of North Korea was at pre-war production levels by 1957.

7.) You claimed above that the "American Military Leaders" created the Kim regime (I assume as a result of the Korean War). TRUTH CHECK: Untrue. The Kim regime is hereditary. Kim Il Sung, the grandfather of the current leader, came to power in North Korea in 1948, several years before the Korean War.

8.) You claim above that Korea's economy is undeveloped. TRUTH CHECK: Untrue. South Korea is a prosperous, technologically advanced, well developed country with a thriving economy. North Korea is a backwards country in disarray. The reason is not because they are communist necessarily, but because they are ruled and have been ruled by a cult of personality dynasty that is more focused on enriching and worshipping the supreme leader, and a closed door culture focused on "juche" - self reliance.

9.) Claim of 1.5 million North Korean civilian deaths, exceeding South Korea civilian death rate. TRUTH CHECK - UNTRUE. The number of civilian deaths may never be known but Encyclopedia Britannica estimates 600,000 North Korean civilian deaths vs. 1,000,000 South Korean civilian deaths. Making the proportion almost equal via population numbers north vs. south. You may be confusing the military death figure. Source is below.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Korean-War
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 04:35 PM
 
2,781 posts, read 1,038,494 times
Reputation: 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The world doesn't agree completely.

In Iran most people see the Kim regime as ridiculous and evil but they also (my family at least) find American hypocrisy on the issue equally as ridiculous.

NBC and CNN suck so I agree with you there (though lester holt seems like a good person on the inside).
I may have criticized the Iranian regime before, but it's still far better than NK on most levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 04:37 PM
 
2,781 posts, read 1,038,494 times
Reputation: 1779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I'm not liberal.

As for North Korea, I have never on this thread tried to sanitize the Kim regime (I know CNN has).

All I have done is point out why we are in the situation we are in and point out that his sister is one of the goody guys within the regime and someone we can work with.

All much preferable to bombing.
How is his sister one of the good guys? Because of her looks?

It's a good thing sirens are mythical creatures as I can only imagine what would happen to you if you were to run into them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2018, 05:50 PM
 
1,089 posts, read 485,846 times
Reputation: 739
Now that KJU of NK visited China, the reunification may become real -- Trump could meet KJU in Beijing. Trump could request KJU to give up nukes and KJU could request the withdrawal of America troops in SK. Then, the two Koreas will be reunited under SK political system with China brokers the deal. There would be no more hostilities and nukes in Korean peninsula. How's that?

Essentially, the South won in the end, and there is no more hostilities ensured by US-China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top