U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-08-2018, 06:54 PM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,651,120 times
Reputation: 3342

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You told us what exactly? The debate was over a unified Korea, not denuclearization. And, of course, the talks havenít even officially started yet. It will be great if Kim does follow through with denuclearization, but I still donít see it happening. Even if they say they are doing it, I wonít believe it. The only way I will believe it is if N Korea allows an independent mediator to come in and inspect their sites while they destroy their nuclear material. That mediator needs to be some country not involved in the talks. Like Sweden perhaps.

I smell an Iran deal 2.0 happening. Trump promises a bunch of stuff to N Korea and they ďdenuclearizeĒ. In reality, they will probably continue research and development while stopping their nuclear tests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2018, 07:42 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,669 posts, read 2,681,039 times
Reputation: 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
You told us what exactly? The debate was over a unified Korea, not denuclearization. And, of course, the talks havenít even officially started yet. It will be great if Kim does follow through with denuclearization, but I still donít see it happening. Even if they say they are doing it, I wonít believe it. The only way I will believe it is if N Korea allows an independent mediator to come in and inspect their sites while they destroy their nuclear material. That mediator needs to be some country not involved in the talks. Like Sweden perhaps.

I smell an Iran deal 2.0 happening. Trump promises a bunch of stuff to N Korea and they ďdenuclearizeĒ. In reality, they will probably continue research and development while stopping their nuclear tests.
They will, trust me.

I can see it in the near future, sure it'll be tough, by the goodness of humanity will prevail.

The Kim regime will disarm and soon an understanding between the leaders of the north and the south will be reached. The need to punish Kim and his family will be pushed aside in the desire to help the people rather than punish the guilty.

Peace and security will rein in the peninsula and the countries shall be united sending a message of the possible to all sectors of the globe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2018, 08:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
4,910 posts, read 3,405,536 times
Reputation: 7878
I have serious doubts that the two Koreas will unite any time soon. The Kim regime would never accept unification and give up the absolute power they presently have. The more likely scenario would be a coup by Kimís underlings and the establishment of another hard core authoritarian regime hostile both to South and the US.

Even considering the plausibility of unification. The South would have to expend huge amounts of their economic resources to modernize the country and in doing so drain their national treasury. And how in the world would you change the mindset of the North who have been turned into non thinking obedient robots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Howard County, Maryland
5,719 posts, read 3,671,896 times
Reputation: 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They will, trust me.

I can see it in the near future, sure it'll be tough, by the goodness of humanity will prevail.

The Kim regime will disarm and soon an understanding between the leaders of the north and the south will be reached. The need to punish Kim and his family will be pushed aside in the desire to help the people rather than punish the guilty.

Peace and security will rein in the peninsula and the countries shall be united sending a message of the possible to all sectors of the globe!
If Kim and his family are given exile in the south of France, where they live out their days in luxury, free from any punishment for their crimes . . . and in return, the South completely takes over the North, dismantles its government and institutions, and has a completely free hand to remake it in its image . . . that's a tradeoff that just might be worth it.

Is this what you see happening in the near future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,669 posts, read 2,681,039 times
Reputation: 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If Kim and his family are given exile in the south of France, where they live out their days in luxury, free from any punishment for their crimes . . . and in return, the South completely takes over the North, dismantles its government and institutions, and has a completely free hand to remake it in its image . . . that's a tradeoff that just might be worth it.

Is this what you see happening in the near future?
Maybe he stays in Korea as a figure head to make reforms easier (as the the Americans did with Hirohito in Japan).

Either way punishing Kim should be at the bottom of our list of objectives when it comes to NK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 02:22 PM
 
15,739 posts, read 9,275,399 times
Reputation: 14228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I disagree, this is well researched and documented natural beauty (not with surgery or makeup) makes a person more happy and experience more of a can do attitude.

Snow White (the original tale, not the Disney one) was based on this same theme. Read the reports, colloquially people like saying unattractive people and attractive people are the same but thatís not true. Itís not just genetics, itís persona, how you smile, your posture, how one dresses, these things have small yet significance differences in overall physical looks and how ones body develops.
She might be happy. She might have a can do attitude.

You know, happy to sit back while her brother slaughters millions. The attitude that she "can do" whatever she wants to ensure her lavish lifestyle continues, even if it involves concentration camps.

Looks do NOT equate to goodness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 02:24 PM
 
15,739 posts, read 9,275,399 times
Reputation: 14228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The weekly standard is a pro-war neocon rag that dehumanizes all imperial opponents to make the idea of firebombing the enemy all the more digestible.

All lies, Bill Kristol and his goons donít know the first thing about this woman.
Yet you do, because she's purty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,669 posts, read 2,681,039 times
Reputation: 2567
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
She might be happy. She might have a can do attitude.

You know, happy to sit back while her brother slaughters millions. The attitude that she "can do" whatever she wants to ensure her lavish lifestyle continues, even if it involves concentration camps.

Looks do NOT equate to goodness.
cruel woman are never attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 05:15 PM
 
2,781 posts, read 1,025,159 times
Reputation: 1778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
cruel woman are never attractive.
But pretty women may still have cruel intentions (pun intended).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2018, 08:23 PM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,651,120 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Maybe he stays in Korea as a figure head to make reforms easier (as the the Americans did with Hirohito in Japan).

Either way punishing Kim should be at the bottom of our list of objectives when it comes to NK.
Thatís an awful idea. If Kim is willing to give up his power in exchange for living a full peaceful life, that could be considered. But Iíd never support keeping him in any position of authority.

Hirohito's involvement in the war is debatable, there is at least some evidence out there that he opposed many of the atrocities committed by Imperial Japan, whereas Kim was had been the one calling all the shots. I also feel we made some serious blunders in the Tokyo trials. Some of the war criminals should not have been let off so easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top