U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 03:41 PM

9,576 posts, read 2,644,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by attisbons View Post
Winterfall, what is your ethnicity? Are you Korean?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 06:44 PM

116 posts, read 63,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No.
For someone who's not Korean you surely have a vested interest in the affairs of the two Koreas.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attisbons View Post
For someone who's not Korean you surely have a vested interest in the affairs of the two Koreas.
I'm vested in all countries fighting against radical US imperialism.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:09 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,636,371 times
Quote:
That radical US imperialism as you call it has helped bring about the most peaceful time in human history. But itís not really imperialism when the S koreans are completely sovereign and determine their own destiny. The same canít be said about N Koreans.

There is little difference between US policy against Syria and N Korea. The difference to me is that N Korea isnít a legitimate government like Syria. But, that also doesnít matter to me, any government that kills or enslaves their own people loses its right to exist.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
That radical US imperialism as you call it has helped bring about the most peaceful time in human history. But itís not really imperialism when the S koreans are completely sovereign and determine their own destiny. The same canít be said about N Koreans.

There is little difference between US policy against Syria and N Korea. The difference to me is that N Korea isnít a legitimate government like Syria. But, that also doesnít matter to me, any government that kills or enslaves their own people loses its right to exist.
I have a good feeling about the situation anyways.

With Trump meeting Kim I can only see demilitarization on the horizon.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I have a good feeling about the situation anyways.

With Trump meeting Kim I can only see demilitarization on the horizon.
The situation is better now then it has been in decades, no doubt. Iíll restate that I do believe Korea will eventually be reunited, and this could possibly be the start of a normalization of relations, but Iíve seen nothing to make me think the Kims are ready to give up their country.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
The situation is better now then it has been in decades, no doubt. Iíll restate that I do believe Korea will eventually be reunited, and this could possibly be the start of a normalization of relations, but Iíve seen nothing to make me think the Kims are ready to give up their country.
What will China do? do you think Xi will put a stop to it if he sees it as a possibility?

Old 04-18-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
What will China do? do you think Xi will put a stop to it if he sees it as a possibility?
I think China will remain neutral. They have their defense treaty with N Korea if they get invaded, but if N Korea implodes (which I think it will eventually), China will likely do nothing imo. China has a lot to gain in economic trade with a united Korea under the S Korean government. I highly doubt China makes any money from N Korea, and having N Korea as an ally in the modern world has no positives. N Korea at one time had some minor influence and power, but that doesnít really exist anymore. N Korea has more or less destroyed its relationships with all its allies, including Russia and Malaysia.

I donít think Xi or the Chinese government really care about N Korea anymore, itís use as a buffer against the West is no longer needed. China has embraced global trade and wants even closer relations with the west. China doesnít want to lose face, and thatís the only reason they will defend N Korea publicly, even that isnít as true as it used to be. We can see the SCMP and CCTV (both are China state media) bash N Korea almost monthly.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:43 AM

5,654 posts, read 3,640,251 times
Quote:
If the U.S. is imperialist, we really do stink at it. Where is the conquered territory? What formerly independent country has come under U.S. control in the past 100 years, if not longer? Even when we win wars so completely that the defeated countries are helpless to stand against us (i.e. Germany and Japan in World War II), we don't take them over.

Honestly, I wish that we HAD been imperialist in the 1950s and completely subjugated North Korea. They, and we, and the rest of the world, would be incomparably better off today.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:51 AM

116 posts, read 63,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If the U.S. is imperialist, we really do stink at it. Where is the conquered territory? What formerly independent country has come under U.S. control in the past 100 years, if not longer? Even when we win wars so completely that the defeated countries are helpless to stand against us (i.e. Germany and Japan in World War II), we don't take them over.

Honestly, I wish that we HAD been imperialist in the 1950s and completely subjugated North Korea. They, and we, and the rest of the world, would be incomparably better off today.
Bus Man, I wish I could like your post more than once, but the forum reg's won't allow me, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or