U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 12:24 PM

9,636 posts, read 2,665,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
That's indeed what typically happens. N. Korea failed to get any gold medals. In 1966 when the N. Korea team failed to get the World Cup the team was sent to a slave labor camp. In 2010 when they again failed to get the World Cup the team was let off lightly - only a 6 hour trial where they were forced to Stand Tall Before the Man for "betrayal of the trust of Kim Jong Un".

And as for the OPs Korea United and the Fat Man's Sister "Head of Propaganda"'s proposal to reach out to South Korea? S. Korea leader isn't falling for it, proclaiming "it's to early" for Pyongyang summit.

OP apparently (and wisely) abandoned this thread and is back in P&C preaching about the evil US and Kissinger or something.
The US is not evil. But people making fun of North Korea’s existence delegitimizes it allowing for war to seem more plausible in the eyes of US citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 12:27 PM

15,737 posts, read 9,259,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
The US is not evil. But people making fun of North Korea’s existence delegitimizes it allowing for war to seem more plausible in the eyes of US citizens.
There's nothing "fun" about the criticisms of North Korea. They are a brutal regime, who tortures, starves and kills its citizens. It should be delegitimized. Making excuses for them, and glorifying their leaders, is the evil act.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:28 PM

15,737 posts, read 9,259,225 times
Quote:
So what? It’s their country.

The west should have historical context when judging North Korea.
What historical context would that possibly be, that makes it OK to torture and kill citizens and their families because they criticize the country.

So what? Wow......

Old 02-20-2018, 12:58 PM

12,310 posts, read 18,425,337 times
Quote:
We used to make fun of North Korea and The Fat Man up there for a long time. It was almost a humourous situation him declaring war and destruction on the US every couple years. His father was like the Baghdad Bob of Asia and his son is the same. The US has before this treated him as a spoiler child, with remarkable restraint given that he threatened us and our allies with destruction so many times. I mean, how many times can we endure him threating the US with nuclear destruction?

This is a list of threats, including:
We now have "lighter and smaller" nukes, and we’re not afraid to use them against the United States.
In response to these UN sanctions, we’re going to "exercise the right to a pre-emptive nuclear attack."
We will turn South Korea’s Baengyeong Island into a "sea of fire"?
We just invalidated the 1953 Armistace (this they say about every other year).
Our military personnel are standing by to "annihilate the U.S. imperialist aggressors."
We’ll start taking hostages … American hostages
We now have "final approval" to nuke the United States

A running list of North Korea’s near-daily threats (updated) – Foreign Policy

I mean that was funny at one time, calling the US a "boiled pumpkin" vulnerable to attack. Now it's not funny anymore.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
We used to make fun of North Korea and The Fat Man up there for a long time. It was almost a humourous situation him declaring war and destruction on the US every couple years. His father was like the Baghdad Bob of Asia and his son is the same. The US has before this treated him as a spoiler child, with remarkable restraint given that he threatened us and our allies with destruction so many times. I mean, how many times can we endure him threating the US with nuclear destruction?

This is a list of threats, including:
We now have "lighter and smaller" nukes, and we’re not afraid to use them against the United States.
In response to these UN sanctions, we’re going to "exercise the right to a pre-emptive nuclear attack."
We will turn South Korea’s Baengyeong Island into a "sea of fire"?
We just invalidated the 1953 Armistace (this they say about every other year).
Our military personnel are standing by to "annihilate the U.S. imperialist aggressors."
We’ll start taking hostages … American hostages
We now have "final approval" to nuke the United States

A running list of North Korea’s near-daily threats (updated) – Foreign Policy

I mean that was funny at one time, calling the US a "boiled pumpkin" vulnerable to attack. Now it's not funny anymore.
That’s what happens when you keep trying to invade a country. When Bill Clinton made a deal with NK both sides kept to it until Bush came to power and threatened them as the axis of evil (which is actually the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel) which then fractured all progress.

America is to blame.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:37 PM

5,688 posts, read 3,655,932 times
Quote:
So what? It’s their country.

The west should have historical context when judging North Korea.
Hello, Dear Respected Comrade Kim Jong Un, Chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea, Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Supreme Commander of the Korean People's Army! How are you today?

(This guy Winterfall must be the Dear Leader himself, right? I mean, who else could possibly say what was quoted above in reference to the torture and imprisonment of his own citizens for no apparent reason?)

Old 02-20-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
That’s what happens when you keep trying to invade a country. When Bill Clinton made a deal with NK both sides kept to it until Bush came to power and threatened them as the axis of evil (which is actually the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel) which then fractured all progress.

America is to blame.
Are you talking about the "Agreed Framework" of 1994? That was a joke! It was one of many blackmail deals - US supplies oil in promise that they do not continue nuclear research. Why should we pay North Korea not to nuke up? Besides that it was neither a treaty or binding agreement. It was meaningless, N. Korea cheated, we balked. It wasn't meant to last, Clinton was simply waiting for N. Korea to collapse.

And invasion - Perhaps my history if faulty but as I remember the Korean War the north invaded the south in 1950. I have no doubt your version of history is different.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:12 PM

2,781 posts, read 1,018,847 times
Quote:

America is to blame.
I thought you just said that the US is not evil. Contradicting Yourself?

The "Axis of Evil" remark made by Bush was stupid to begin with. Evil is not something you can just casually ascribe to a whole nation.

What's your beef with Israel? I get that you don't like SA and most of us in the West are not comfortable with the relationship with that country. The US and Israel are no saints, but putting them in the same context as Saudi Arabia is ridiculous. Israel is the most progressive country in the ME.

Old 02-20-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I thought you just said that the US is not evil. Contradicting Yourself?

The "Axis of Evil" remark made by Bush was stupid to begin with. Evil is not something you can just casually ascribe to a whole nation.

What's your beef with Israel? I get that you don't like SA and most of us in the West are not comfortable with the relationship with that country. The US and Israel are no saints, but putting them in the same context as Saudi Arabia is ridiculous. Israel is the most progressive country in the ME.
You are trying to reason and have a rational discussion with a person that claims the sister of the Supreme Leader is not a bad person because she is pretty (her attractiveness is debatable, but still).

I mean, this thread should be used for entertainment purposes only. The OP lives in another world separate from reality.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about the "Agreed Framework" of 1994? That was a joke! It was one of many blackmail deals - US supplies oil in promise that they do not continue nuclear research. Why should we pay North Korea not to nuke up? Besides that it was neither a treaty or binding agreement. It was meaningless, N. Korea cheated, we balked. It wasn't meant to last, Clinton was simply waiting for N. Korea to collapse.

And invasion - Perhaps my history if faulty but as I remember the Korean War the north invaded the south in 1950. I have no doubt your version of history is different.
No, North Korea wasn’t going to “nuke up” until the US destroyed Iraq and Lybia. Un saw what BS America peace promises were so he made them to stop a ground invasion by the Americans.

As for North Korea being a brutal dictatorship I will say any are. We (the US) support Chad which is a brutal dictatorship and yet we don’t threaten to turn their country in nuclear ash. Think about that for a second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or