Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 02:09 AM

16 posts, read 9,141 times

Advertisements

Hello Friend,

I want to go south Asia at holiday. Please suggest me best place in south Asia and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 08:47 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times
Give us more info, you will get useful answers. Single or family? Kids? Young or old? Budget or not? The Marriott is 150 USD++ in every major international city. The difference being that some cities have suitable options for more like 10 bucks. Can you eat spicy? Do you have to hga e a western diet? How averse are you to pollution and traffic? How long do you have?

Old 01-30-2018, 06:46 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
Sabah in Malaysian Borneo. Wonderful wildlife, great food, big range of hotels.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:42 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
pakistan....

Old 01-31-2018, 02:22 AM

16 posts, read 9,141 times
I want to go with my boy friend. So please suggest me

Old 01-31-2018, 10:44 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence44214 View Post
I want to go with my boy friend. So please suggest me
You have to give us more to go on - first of all when you say "south asia" that typically refers to the indian subcontinent which consists of India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Afighanistan. Do you really want to vacation there or do you mean southEAST asia? I think we can safely eliminate Afhiganistan and probably Pakistan from your travel plans.

Also what are your interests? Culture? History? Scuba diving? Just laying on a beach? Why "south asia" as opposed to the somewhere else in America or Europe? This is a very poor area of the world - do you have any objections to the environment of developing countries or do your require modern 1st world comforts?

Old 01-31-2018, 11:42 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Dodging car bombs in Kabul. Sounds like a real adventure.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 PM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times
I have heard some good reviews of Sri Lanka.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:30 PM

2,290 posts, read 1,511,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
You have to give us more to go on - first of all when you say "south asia" that typically refers to the indian subcontinent which consists of India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Afighanistan. Do you really want to vacation there or do you mean southEAST asia? I think we can safely eliminate Afhiganistan and probably Pakistan from your travel plans.

Also what are your interests? Culture? History? Scuba diving? Just laying on a beach? Why "south asia" as opposed to the somewhere else in America or Europe? This is a very poor area of the world - do you have any objections to the environment of developing countries or do your require modern 1st world comforts?
South east Asia is not all very poor. SIngapore is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and Malaysia is a middle income country. Thailand has most of the first world comforts and is one of the most popular global tourist destinations.
Sri Lanka and Nepal are very popular destinations also. As already said, the OP needs to consider what they are wanting to do.

Old 01-31-2018, 01:37 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
South east Asia is not all very poor. SIngapore is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and Malaysia is a middle income country. Thailand has most of the first world comforts and is one of the most popular global tourist destinations.
Sri Lanka and Nepal are very popular destinations also. As already said, the OP needs to consider what they are wanting to do.
Yes, yes... I've been to all those places. I was referring to what is considered SOUTH asia however, not SE Asia, although even in those countries there are 5 star hotels and resorts and modern technological centers of course. The Maldives, off the cost of Sri Lanka, seem to be the up and coming place for jet-setters. Let's see what she says...SOUTH or SOUTHEAST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia