U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-17-2018, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
what if Palestinians covert to Judaism? Then the problem would solve itself.
If anything, they'd convert to Christianity and not Judaism.

Muslims Are Converting to Christianity in Record Numbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-17-2018, 05:55 PM
 
Location: SoCal
5,722 posts, read 4,527,616 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
1967?? Really?
Yes; what's wrong with 1967?

Quote:
Here's a little homework: How many Jews live in the interior of the WB versus the perimeter of the WB?
Relatively few.

That said, though, I don't know if this will continue to be the case in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,509 posts, read 3,092,720 times
Reputation: 3355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
If anything, they'd convert to Christianity and not Judaism.

Muslims Are Converting to Christianity in Record Numbers
guess ISIL left a bad taste in the middle east

Islam is too restrictive for educated women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
...

Relatively few.

That said, though, I don't know if this will continue to be the case in the future.
Correct relatively few as it's only 8% of the Jews and 15% of the settlements. There's plenty of room on the perimeter. The perimeter is still a Armistice line and not a Border line and the quantity of settlements now is still the same as it was in 1997; 125.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 07:22 PM
 
Location: SoCal
5,722 posts, read 4,527,616 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Correct relatively few as it's only 8% of the Jews and 15% of the settlements. There's plenty of room on the perimeter. The perimeter is still a Armistice line and not a Border line and the quantity of settlements now is still the same as it was in 1997; 125.
Yes, I know that very few--if any--settlements were built after 1997. (I am thinking of Givat Hamatos, but I don't think that it's considered a new settlement.)

Also, Yes, it makes perfect sense for Israel to first build up maximally on the perimeter. After all, the perimeter areas would be easily annexed to Israel in any peace deal.

That said, though, this is why I raised the overpopulation issue--basically, I don't know what the future will hold in regards to this. Indeed, Israel is getting much more populous ever year and there is only so much living space in both Israel proper and on the perimeter of the West Bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 08:32 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
There is plenty of room in Israel. The issue is that a high majority of Israelis want to be within a short distance of Tel Aviv and the sea. The only way for Israel to get people to move further away is to put in high speed railways. Once they are in place, then people will move further away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2018, 08:56 PM
 
Location: SoCal
5,722 posts, read 4,527,616 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There is plenty of room in Israel. The issue is that a high majority of Israelis want to be within a short distance of Tel Aviv and the sea. The only way for Israel to get people to move further away is to put in high speed railways. Once they are in place, then people will move further away.
It certainly makes a lot of sense to have much more people settle in both the Negev and the Galilee. That said, though, when will Israel reach its carrying capacity? At 30 million? 50 million? Even more than that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 04:46 AM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
It certainly makes a lot of sense to have much more people settle in both the Negev and the Galilee. That said, though, when will Israel reach its carrying capacity? At 30 million? 50 million? Even more than that?
Do the math. It took 70 years for the Jewish population of the world to reach their pre-WW2 population numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 01:43 PM
 
Location: SoCal
5,722 posts, read 4,527,616 times
Reputation: 1860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Do the math. It took 70 years for the Jewish population of the world to reach their pre-WW2 population numbers.
I need to know what Israel's carrying capacity is, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2018, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
I need to know what Israel's carrying capacity is, though.
With today's technology and their current ecosystem, the tipping point on exponential growth will probably be north of 20 million in 40 or so years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top