U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 03:44 AM

1,003 posts, read 453,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Idk, I loved SK and Japan. Might have a harder time in Kirghizistan or Indonesia
I'll take Bali over anything in SK. I'm with you on Japan, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 07:47 AM

2,507 posts, read 2,269,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
I'll take Bali over anything in SK. I'm with you on Japan, though.
Bali is too polluted for me, I was shocked at all of the floating trash in the water......... SK/Japan/Taiwan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uries-beaches/

Old 03-20-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Bali is too polluted for me, I was shocked at all of the floating trash in the water......... SK/Japan/Taiwan
Fair enough regarding pollution. I still think Bali is wonderful, though I realize it's a very different culture from most of Indonesia, which I would like much less.

For me SK just doesn't rise up to the level of Japan or even Taiwan for me, though. I've only visited, and maybe I haven't visited the right places, but it just seems....boring, or something....compared to Japan and Taiwan.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Fair enough regarding pollution. I still think Bali is wonderful, though I realize it's a very different culture from most of Indonesia, which I would like much less.

For me SK just doesn't rise up to the level of Japan or even Taiwan for me, though. I've only visited, and maybe I haven't visited the right places, but it just seems....boring, or something....compared to Japan and Taiwan.
I like all three (SK, Japan & Taiwan) and SK out of the three has the best nightlife and people love to party. I always have a great time visiting.

I like Bali too but I remember swimming out in the ocean in Bali with a friend when debris started inundating us. Yuck! In a way, I'm glad that it has the potential to harm the tourism industry. This is the only way the government will see the need to clean it up.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:30 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times
Quote:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...uries-beaches/
Taiwan and Korea are pretty polluted as well. A lot of the beaches are full of garbage. Though granted, a lot of those are brought by typhoons and ocean currents. Air pollution could also be really really bad.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Taiwan and Korea are pretty polluted as well. A lot of the beaches are full of garbage. Though granted, a lot of those are brought by typhoons and ocean currents. Air pollution could also be really really bad.
I dont think so.. can you provide examples of beaches in Korea and Taiwan with lots of trash? I travelled all along the coasts of both and didn't see any.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:01 PM

5,091 posts, read 8,066,917 times
Quote:
I dont think so.. can you provide examples of beaches in Korea and Taiwan with lots of trash? I travelled all along the coasts of both and didn't see any.
Tons of trash litter Korean beaches

https://www.onebrownplanet.com/beach...eelong-taiwan/

Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 PM

78,615 posts, read 70,508,089 times
Quote:
Asia is not overrated. I just got back from being SE Asia for 3 weeks and had an amazing time. The food, the culture, the people are all fantastic!

I do prefer NE Asia but that's just personal preference.
NE Asia? Kamchatka, Chukotka, Magadan, and other parts of the Russian Far East?

Old 03-20-2018, 11:21 PM

Your link about Korea is about trash being leftover after a beach party on the beach which is being cleaned up as noted in the article... uhhhh I don't think this compares to what's going on in Bali

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...s-beaches/amp/

Old 03-20-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
NE Asia? Kamchatka, Chukotka, Magadan, and other parts of the Russian Far East?
Usually means China, Japan, Korea, and Taiwan. Basically anything in East Asia that is north of Southeast Asia. There isn't really an "East Central Asia" I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Asia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or