U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 02:15 PM

78,526 posts, read 70,430,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo3 View Post
I'll ask some of my frinds and mentors I've met but most of them are 20+ years older than me and have already settled down. I've had a talk with my financial advisors a few months ago and they all say I'm in a fine position if I ever got married and my wife tried to run with money. Since it's locked away in trusts and holding companies. I mainly wanted to ask this forum because I don't know anyone personally with experience in Japan. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I'm not trying to use my money to get the girl. I trying to figure out how to make the money not a problem. As it seems to always become. Thank you for all the quick replies.
Wouldn't you be posting on the Asia forum here, if you wanted advice on Japan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 02:21 PM

5 posts, read 4,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Unless you typically travel with hundred-dollar bills falling from your pockets, you should be able to make your way through Japan without blowing your cover.

Do you always go full high roller or something? What do you do when you travel other places?
I typically travel as a high roller I don't openly flaunt it but I usally will travel like I have money. I haven't done to much traveling like this I typically only spend a month or 2 there. I've just always like japan's culture so i want to spend as much time there as possible. And since they'll let me stay longer since im opening a branch in Tokyo. This is also the first time I've bee to a Asian country. I've only been to France, England, Spain and Brazil.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:25 PM

78,526 posts, read 70,430,585 times
Quote:
I typically travel as a high roller I don't openly flaunt it but I usally will travel like I have money. I haven't done to much traveling like this I typically only spend a month or 2 there. I've just always like japan's culture so i want to spend as much time there as possible. And since they'll let me stay longer since im opening a branch in Tokyo. This is also the first time I've bee to a Asian country. I've only been to France, England, Spain and Brazil.
I bet that anyone you date will know right away you have major $$ when they see your apartment there, for the first time. Anyone living in anything bigger than a cubicle will have serious $$, to be able to afford something approximating a normal living space. You won't be able to hide that, unless you don't invite them to your place. So, consider getting a smaller apt. than you can afford.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:36 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,769,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Money can't buy you happiness, son.
But it sure can buy a good time!

Old 03-15-2018, 02:47 PM

356 posts, read 137,111 times
Quote:
HI, I'm going to be moving to Japan this year and I will probably be there for 2 years or more. I was going to try my hand at the dating game while I'm there. I've seen similar Posts to this but they never get as high as my case and people act a lot different when they see 8 digits compared to 6 digits.

Now I've never had to hard of a time with women here in the states I'm fairly confident with women so dating them isn't a issue. But there's always the point in the relationship where I can no longer hide just how much money I have and it makes my relationships go sour to a point where I can tell the woman clearly is only thinking about how to stay with me for the money.

I started a business a few years ago and it boomed into a large world wide company. Now I make 5m-10m a year just from it not including my other financial investments. So the main thing I'd like some advise on is if I should should hide my true wealth and go there as a upper middle class man like I was planning then she'd figure it out when things get serious/she comes with me to the states or should i be upfront with my wealth and hope to god that at some point i meet someone who isnt thinking about my money. Any help would be great. Thanks.
I've lived abroad and I have a significant amount of money.

Here's my experience: being white will automatically give you higher status. You don't need to be wealthy. People will assume you're wealthy either way.

I wouldn't disclose that you're a (USD) millionaire because, frankly, you don't need it at all.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:12 PM

3,664 posts, read 8,837,374 times
I lived in Tokyo for three years, and my advice is to do as the Japanese do, or at least as the other Americans (gaijin) do. The thing about Japan is it doesn't have the class division like in the States. Almost everyone is in the working or business class and it's hard to tell exactly how much they make just by looking at them. You don't necessarily have to hide your wealth, but you also don't have to disclose it in the beginning either. Like someone else said, make sure you find someone who is the gold digger type, but also make sure you don't have someone who is just trying to get a free ticket back to the States. Japanese women do love American men.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:16 PM

25,740 posts, read 25,367,995 times
Quote:
I'll ask some of my frinds and mentors I've met but most of them are 20+ years older than me and have already settled down. I've had a talk with my financial advisors a few months ago and they all say I'm in a fine position if I ever got married and my wife tried to run with money. Since it's locked away in trusts and holding companies. I mainly wanted to ask this forum because I don't know anyone personally with experience in Japan. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I'm not trying to use my money to get the girl. I trying to figure out how to make the money not a problem. As it seems to always become. Thank you for all the quick replies.
Hire a lifestyle coach or something?

Old 03-15-2018, 03:16 PM

1,626 posts, read 745,853 times
Well, I guess dressing like Aqualung and hanging out on a park bench isn't an option.

Though they'd never guess the size of your wallet, they're not going to come close enough to find out your good qualities anyway.

What a nice problem to have.

But if the relationships you've had were actually good before [seemingly multiple] women transitioned to "clearly is only thinking about how to stay with me for the money" – I question how good those relationships were and what they were based on before they went "sour."

Old 03-15-2018, 03:18 PM

6,744 posts, read 3,851,875 times
Maybe you should just date wealthy women.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:23 PM

524 posts, read 262,604 times
Speaking as a female, one of the first things I would do when starting to go out with a new man is to google him. IMHO, your wealth would not be a secret for very long, that is unless you use a fake name, which would create other red flags.

There will always be women who will only see $$$ once they find out who you are, no matter how the relationship began. I wish you the best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or