Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 03:45 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,333,999 times

Advertisements

Anyone considering relocating to Japan for any length of time needs to begin by learning a little about the closed, insular nature of Japanese society. From the wording of his posts, the OP seems clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 04:00 PM

5 posts, read 6,083 times
Mod cut: quoted post deleted.

I don't have a specific "whom" it was more so If I meet someone I click with. And no I wouldn't take just anyone to the US I would have to be pretry serious about them to bring them here. I don't have to much experience dating and it just got more complicated to find someone special when I got money. I'm only 22. I'm sorry if I do sound a little helpless my life just has changed so quickly that I've lost most of my friends and a lot of my family feel entitled to my success and I just really don't like talking to shrinks. So I'm trying to get some 2nd opinions. Since most of my piers are twice my age or older.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-16-2018 at 09:30 AM..

Old 03-15-2018, 04:58 PM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times
Could I just have an example of a situation where you would need to explain to someone else exactly how rich you are?

Aside from that, you should pretend to be as poor as you can. Rich people are targets for robbery and even abduction.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:28 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,118,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is no one on C-D that has the experience to answer this properly. [snip]
Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you have undoubtedly made acquaintances and hopefully mentors on your path. Those would be the people to ask if they've had the experience.

My personal gut feeling is that obscurity is a wise decision. Don't "hide" it as in going out of your way to be someone other than you are/want to be, but deflect inquires. No reason not to enjoy your success, but don't go overboard/flaunt it. Date like you would if you were a $500k/year income (as an example). This is if you're looking for a life partner. If you're just looking to date for fun, swing for the fence!
To be one the safe side he should date like he makes 15K a year, if she is a good woman it would not matter. and if it turns women off they are shallow anyway.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-16-2018 at 09:31 AM..

Old 03-15-2018, 05:36 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
To be one the safe side he should date like he makes 15K a year, if she is a good woman it would not matter. and if it turns women off they are shallow anyway.
If she is a good woman she will be furious later on at having been lied to, will be horrified at the thought of being with someone who can lie with a straight face for weeks or months and will intelligently realize if he can lie about this he can lie about anything, without so much as thinking twice, so...bye.

No "good" woman will willingly stay with a liar.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:53 PM

32,643 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Wealthy men, those with serious wealth, date the daughters of other wealthy men. If those wealthy men are young, they look for their dates at the high end, most expensive universities.

Those women know how to behave in public and how to manage wealth. Wealthy men want their date to be intelligent, educated, to know how to dress and which fork to use at dinner

Old 03-15-2018, 06:15 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Wealthy men, those with serious wealth, date the daughters of other wealthy men. If those wealthy men are young, they look for their dates at the high end, most expensive universities.

Those women know how to behave in public and how to manage wealth. Wealthy men want their date to be intelligent, educated, to know how to dress and which fork to use at dinner
Woodsmoke is on the right track, OP. Thanks for providing a little more info. I see you're too young to be dating businesswomen, but you're the perfect age to date the daughters of successful businessmen, who are fresh out of university, and getting trained at their dad's company, to rise through the ranks over time. That would be the best way to avoid the airheaded type.

We had a member here before, who said that Japanese women sometimes make the first move, ask for a date, and pay for it. I don't know if that's true, or if he was trolling. He claimed to have a lot of experience dating in Asia.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:49 PM

424 posts, read 236,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
Speaking as a female, one of the first things I would do when starting to go out with a new man is to google him. IMHO, your wealth would not be a secret for very long, that is unless you use a fake name, which would create other red flags.

There will always be women who will only see $$$ once they find out who you are, no matter how the relationship began. I wish you the best of luck.
Unless he's famous or has his name everywhere, you're not going to find out his wealth simply by googling him.

I own companies under a trust. This is what is on the public record (along with my lawyer's address). You would not know that I own the trust unless you actually saw my documents, which are not online.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:05 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Money is easy come easy go to some people. I would suggest not letting it define who you are and you’ll be ok. Live well but modestly in Tokyo and you’ll be fine. If you want to be all “new money” and be flashy you’ll attract sharks quickly.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:31 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo3 View Post
I don't have to much experience dating and it just got more complicated to find someone special when I got money. I'm only 22. I'm sorry if I do sound a little helpless my life just has changed so quickly that I've lost most of my friends and a lot of my family feel entitled to my success and I just really don't like talking to shrinks.
Who were you/what were you before the money started rolling in? You *are* very young.

I'm curious about the loss of friends and problems you say have cropped up with your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia