Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 02:38 PM

5 posts, read 6,048 times

Advertisements

HI, I'm going to be moving to Japan this year and I will probably be there for 2 years or more. I was going to try my hand at the dating game while I'm there. I've seen similar Posts to this but they never get as high as my case and people act a lot different when they see 8 digits compared to 6 digits.

Now I've never had to hard of a time with women here in the states I'm fairly confident with women so dating them isn't a issue. But there's always the point in the relationship where I can no longer hide just how much money I have and it makes my relationships go sour to a point where I can tell the woman clearly is only thinking about how to stay with me for the money.

I started a business a few years ago and it boomed into a large world wide company. Now I make 5m-10m a year just from it not including my other financial investments. So the main thing I'd like some advise on is if I should should hide my true wealth and go there as a upper middle class man like I was planning then she'd figure it out when things get serious/she comes with me to the states or should i be upfront with my wealth and hope to god that at some point i meet someone who isnt thinking about my money. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by Pongo3; 03-15-2018 at 02:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2018, 02:44 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,837,689 times
If you're a rich person then you must know other rich people. Can you ask them how they deal with this?

Old 03-15-2018, 02:47 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,903,208 times
Don't use your money to meet women and you should be able to avoid women who are attracted to your money

Old 03-15-2018, 02:47 PM

4,690 posts, read 10,340,666 times
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there is no one on C-D that has the experience to answer this properly. Mod cut.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you have undoubtedly made acquaintances and hopefully mentors on your path. Those would be the people to ask if they've had the experience.

My personal gut feeling is that obscurity is a wise decision. Don't "hide" it as in going out of your way to be someone other than you are/want to be, but deflect inquires. No reason not to enjoy your success, but don't go overboard/flaunt it. Date like you would if you were a $500k/year income (as an example). This is if you're looking for a life partner. If you're just looking to date for fun, swing for the fence!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-16-2018 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:49 PM

34,107 posts, read 18,350,139 times
Money can't buy you happiness, son.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:52 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongo3 View Post
So the main thing I'd like some advise on is if I should should hide my true wealth and go there as a upper middle class man ...
Yes. Please do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
If you're a rich person then you must know other rich people. Can you ask them how they deal with this?
Yes. Seriously, ask your personal wealth consultant, OP. I'm certain you don't have all that $$ under your mattress.

Old 03-15-2018, 02:58 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,597,805 times
With all your money, maybe you might be better off paying someone for advice instead of getting it for free on here.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 6,048 times
I'll ask some of my frinds and mentors I've met but most of them are 20+ years older than me and have already settled down. I've had a talk with my financial advisors a few months ago and they all say I'm in a fine position if I ever got married and my wife tried to run with money. Since it's locked away in trusts and holding companies. I mainly wanted to ask this forum because I don't know anyone personally with experience in Japan. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I'm not trying to use my money to get the girl. I trying to figure out how to make the money not a problem. As it seems to always become. Thank you for all the quick replies.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:04 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,558,485 times
Quote:
I'll ask some of my frinds and mentors I've met but most of them are 20+ years older than me and have already settled down. I've had a talk with my financial advisors a few months and they all say I'm in a fine position if I ever got married and my wife tried to run with money. Since it's locked away in trusts and holding companies. I mainly wanted to ask this forum because I don't know anyone personally with experience in Japan. I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression. I'm not trying to use my money to get the girl. I trying to figure out how to make the money noto a problem. As it seems to always become. Thank you for all the quick replies.
Unless you typically travel with hundred-dollar bills falling from your pockets, you should be able to make your way through Japan without blowing your cover.

Do you always go full high roller or something? What do you do when you travel other places?

Old 03-15-2018, 03:13 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Quote:
HI, I'm going to be moving to Japan this year and I will probably be there for 2 years or more. I was going to try my hand at the dating game while I'm there. I've seen similar Posts to this but they never get as high as my case and people act a lot different when they see 8 digits compared to 6 digits.

Now I've never had to hard of a time with women here in the states I'm fairly confident with women so dating them isn't a issue. But there's always the point in the relationship where I can no longer hide just how much money I have and it makes my relationships go sour to a point where I can tell the woman clearly is only thinking about how to stay with me for the money.

I started a business a few years ago and it boomed into a large world wide company. Now I make 5m-10m a year just from it not including my other financial investments. So the main thing I'd like some advise on is if I should should hide my true wealth and go there as a upper middle class man like I was planning then she'd figure it out when things get serious/she comes with me to the states or should i be upfront with my wealth and hope to god that at some point i meet someone who isnt thinking about my money. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Whom were you planning on dating over there? If you're going for businesswomen and the like, I wouldn't think there would be much of a problem. Also, you wouldn't invite just anyone to visit you or join you in the States, would you? I really don't see how it's going to be an issue. By the time you get to inviting someone to the US (IF you ever get there; you may not meet anyone compatible enough), you should know them well enough, and have bonded strongly enough, that the scenario you outlined wouldn't be a factor.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-16-2018 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: Rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia