Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 09:26 PM

67 posts, read 39,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Alright. Well, enjoy your third world Fundamentalist Islamic cities and small cities that only exist because they contain airports near beaches, then. Probably no need to start threads about them, though.
Jakarta is not Islamic city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 12:05 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,266 times
I visited Jakarta twice when my daughter lived there. The traffic was intimidating and it wasn’t very walkable, and very hot, but the people were nice, food was delicious and my daughter made a lot of friends.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:27 PM

2,019 posts, read 3,193,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyToken View Post
Only 2 things: The busway, and the commuter line. The former gets me almost everywhere in the city cheaply, and the latter reminds me of the time I spent in Japan. When I take the commuter line outside busy hours, I can imagine myself back in that country again. I heard the trains were imported from Japan, so.

My impression on Jakarta? before I moved to Jakarta : hell big, hot and scary; too many vehicles, too many people, too wide of streets, too tall of buildings, too much pollution (air and sound). I thought, fu*k, I don’t want to live or work in this kind of city!

But you know, most job opportunities are in Jakarta, so as much as I don’t want to move here, I got a job here, so whether I like it or not, I have to move here.

So my impression after I moved here? The first two to three weeks: GOOOOOOOOOOOOSH IT’S TOO HOOOOOOOT!!! GOOOOOSH! THE SMEEEEEEEEEEEELLL!! GOOOOOOOOOOSH THE NOOOOOOISEEEE! GOOOOOOOOOSH THE LIVING COOOOOOOOOOOST!

After 2 months : I love the busway, I love the commuter line.

My favorite place? Anywhere that has air conditioners. Malls (though I rarely shop there), in busways, in the commuter line, at my office, indomaret and friends, and last but not least: the atm chambers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I visited Jakarta twice when my daughter lived there. The traffic was intimidating and it wasn’t very walkable, and very hot, but the people were nice, food was delicious and my daughter made a lot of friends.
All of the above describes my daughter’s experiences currently living in Jakarta, now going on close to 5 years. She has made so many friends and doesn’t plan to return to the USA anytime soon. The city still gets to her with all the traffic but comes with the territory. Bali and less known islands are nearby to take occasional retreats from hectic city life.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:35 PM

67 posts, read 39,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
For the traffic, I think the worst is friday in my opinion.
If you want to take a bus or walk, pick saturday or sunday.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:30 PM

1,002 posts, read 907,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
garuda
lol,you know a about majapahit and garuda btw where u from ?

Shailendra dynasty

Old 01-23-2019, 03:15 AM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
It sounds like some of you really like living in Jakarta.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Aren't you the same guy who asked people their thoughts about the (ahem) "major city" around the airport in Bali? With all due respect, you seem like you're trying a little too hard with your baiting.

Since you asked, though, there are no things I love about Jakarta. If you want a city in that part of the world, get to Singapore ASAP. If you want to stay in Indonesia, get to Bali (and not the "city"...the beach!!).
you've visited Jakarta there are some interesting things here, even though the bad impression is traffic
Jakarta is an interesting city ... maybe a bad initial impression in your opinion, but when you come, maybe you will stay here for a long time

Old 06-17-2019, 09:57 PM

16,258 posts, read 43,185,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimday View Post
Jakarta is not Islamic city.
It's not...BUT....you can see why people might feel that way though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNM7nlFo0ag

Old 06-17-2019, 10:00 PM

503 posts, read 598,122 times
Grand Indonesia

Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Grand Indonesia
one my favorite, many pretty girls ,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia