Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 08:45 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times

Advertisements

Just to stimulate some discussion about Jakarta...

I've been there once, and I liked it. I always like big capital cities, and Jakarta was no excpeption. I regret that I didn't get to know it well enough on the limited time that I had though.

So, what are the things that you love about Jakarta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 12:14 PM

1,080 posts, read 837,394 times
Aren't you the same guy who asked people their thoughts about the (ahem) "major city" around the airport in Bali? With all due respect, you seem like you're trying a little too hard with your baiting.

Since you asked, though, there are no things I love about Jakarta. If you want a city in that part of the world, get to Singapore ASAP. If you want to stay in Indonesia, get to Bali (and not the "city"...the beach!!).

Old 04-16-2018, 11:51 PM

90 posts, read 111,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Just to stimulate some discussion about Jakarta...

I've been there once, and I liked it. I always like big capital cities, and Jakarta was no excpeption. I regret that I didn't get to know it well enough on the limited time that I had though.

So, what are the things that you love about Jakarta?
Tiger beer I remember you ever wrote 10 years ago ever to jakarta, now jakarta is very different unlike 10 years ago (there are still many beggars, dirty city, still less building, less modern) now really different

Old 04-17-2018, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Aren't you the same guy who asked people their thoughts about the (ahem) "major city" around the airport in Bali? With all due respect, you seem like you're trying a little too hard with your baiting.

Since you asked, though, there are no things I love about Jakarta. If you want a city in that part of the world, get to Singapore ASAP. If you want to stay in Indonesia, get to Bali (and not the "city"...the beach!!).
I've spent way too much time in Singapore and Bali, and this thread isn't about either of those places.

Stay on topic. If you don't like Jakarta that's fine, but that's the topic. Start another thread if you want to go off on other tangents.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnycaritta View Post
Tiger beer I remember you ever wrote 10 years ago ever to jakarta, now jakarta is very different unlike 10 years ago (there are still many beggars, dirty city, still less building, less modern) now really different
Yeah, it's true. It's been over 10 years since I was last in Jakarta.

When I remember liking 10 years ago was that the people were nice and friendly, and there was a nice energy about the place. I have no idea what it is like now though...

Yeah, usually I hear of the negatives, and I saw those too. But, still, it is the capital of the country. So, there does seem to be all of the positive that comes from that as well. From a foreign perspective, it's one of the least conservative cities in Indonesia, so I think it's one of the most comfortable places for foreigners, outside of Bali.

Last edited by Tiger Beer; 04-17-2018 at 03:28 AM..

Old 04-19-2018, 01:17 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,862,296 times
Food's good; the port area was interesting.

Old 04-23-2018, 08:20 AM

1,080 posts, read 837,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I've spent way too much time in Singapore and Bali, and this thread isn't about either of those places.
Alright. Well, enjoy your third world Fundamentalist Islamic cities and small cities that only exist because they contain airports near beaches, then. Probably no need to start threads about them, though.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:47 AM

1,002 posts, read 908,086 times
maybe a worthy question that should be answered I often go to big others city in indonesia like surabaya, denpasar ,bandung etc I say I'm love jakarta more than anything especially modern city, all complete, many tribe, fancy place, food ,shop etc but difference less than about jakarta is bad traffic

Old 05-03-2018, 05:27 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Well, I met a Scots woman in Guatemala who said she had been living in Jakarta. I told her it seemed like a dreadful place, she said she loved it and intended to go back there. I also met a girl from Jakarta, working in Brunei (itself a lovely place), who was anxious to get back home to Jakarta, and the freedom to ride around on her motorbike ni her hijab.

That's all I've got, relevant to this thread. Oh -- I like Raisa, she's on my playlists. Generally, I give Indonesia a plus, but I've never been to Jakarta. But it has to be better than Manila.

Old 05-04-2018, 04:13 AM

732 posts, read 781,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Well, I met a Scots woman in Guatemala who said she had been living in Jakarta. I told her it seemed like a dreadful place, she said she loved it and intended to go back there. I also met a girl from Jakarta, working in Brunei (itself a lovely place), who was anxious to get back home to Jakarta, and the freedom to ride around on her motorbike ni her hijab.

That's all I've got, relevant to this thread. Oh -- I like Raisa, she's on my playlists. Generally, I give Indonesia a plus, but I've never been to Jakarta. But it has to be better than Manila.
Another Cebu-fanatic who loves dipping Manila down. Fyi, I am a full-pledged Visayan and both Cebu and Manila has its own merits and I like both. No need to drag Manila down just because you like Cebu, it is light years more modern than Cebu but Cebu is sure catching up. Crab mentalility duh.

Anyway sorry guys for spoiling that out here. Jakarta seems to be interesting though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia