U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 11:02 AM

21 posts, read 1,949 times

Advertisements

I think UK might be similar to japan as the social networking part of the job is quite huge in both countries. But dont think there are any other similarities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 09:47 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,149,597 times
Germany.

Technology, by-the-book, polite.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:21 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,118,153 times
None of them.

Quote:
Germany.

Technology, by-the-book, polite.
Germany is none of these things.

Old 06-06-2019, 11:28 AM

47 posts, read 12,412 times
Norway.

I lived in Japan for several years, but I will admit I have never been to Norway, though I did some research on it when my daughter wanted to go there for a year or so of college studies.

http://sciencenordic.com/japanese-an...-meeting-minds

If you Google the subject, there are lots of articles on Japan-Norway relations.

Old 06-06-2019, 12:55 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,607,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky3000 View Post
I think UK might be similar to japan as the social networking part of the job is quite huge in both countries. But dont think there are any other similarities

Both drive on the wrong side of the road! Both monarchies...

But yeah very few similarities.

While this may seem as an edgy opinion or so: Italy. Most of Italy's stereotypes are outdated or just plain wrong. Japan is similar in many ways:

monocultural, huge pride in their history, languages ending on vowels, language where everything is pronounced as written, right politics, emphasis on their "own" religion, machine industry, fashion, friendly people, cold winter, warm summer...etc etc.

Even the mafia if you will...the only difference being the japanese are far more nerdier and even more monocultural than italy.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:10 PM

1,353 posts, read 545,573 times
Japan is a hybrid:

40% Germany
40% Britain
10% Norway
10% Iceland

Old 06-07-2019, 01:26 PM

But I would say Japan is so unique that actually no country in Europe resembles it.

It embraces a vulnerability mentality due to the unpredictable natural disaster (volcano, tsunami, earthquake). Only Iceland is close on this aspect. More unique is its "Accept it as the way it is" attitude. After disaster there is no panic. Everyone calmly lined up for relief.

Old 06-07-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
monocultural, huge pride in their history, languages ending on vowels, language where everything is pronounced as written, right politics, emphasis on their "own" religion, machine industry, fashion, friendly people, cold winter, warm summer...etc etc.

Even the mafia if you will...the only difference being the japanese are far more nerdier and even more monocultural than italy.
Japanese and Italians are very different people.

Japanese are very quiet and considerate in public. Nobody calls over cellphone in train. Everyone texts.

Italians are noisy and talk loudly. Go to any restaurant in Little Italy in Boston or NYC, it is as noisy as a Chinese restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or