U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 05:47 PM

3,575 posts, read 1,774,127 times

Advertisements

Here is a solid 3 1/2 minute history lesson on the Middle East:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2018, 05:50 PM

Does anybody, that has studied the Middle East, think that current Middle Eastern events will end well?

I'd say that WWIII is far more likely than a satisfactory ending to the brewing conflict. My man Trump has taken a baseball bat to the bee's nest. Will be interesting.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:35 PM

2,785 posts, read 1,631,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Does anybody, that has studied the Middle East, think that current Middle Eastern events will end well?

I'd say that WWIII is far more likely than a satisfactory ending to the brewing conflict. My man Trump has taken a baseball bat to the bee's nest. Will be interesting.
Good analogy

Old 05-13-2018, 06:52 PM

4,375 posts, read 1,663,688 times
No there will not be a WWIII over the middle east. They don't have the productive capacity to wage a war of that magnitude, and the military powers that be have insufficient interest to take sides on behalf of a Muslim sect.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:00 PM

9,809 posts, read 7,701,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
They don't have Islamic Law yet do they? Alcohol is still legal and the hijab is optional.
The hibaj is worn by the first lady, a signal in the nation that Attaturk built if I ever saw one.

How easy is it to find pork in Istanbul? I am a pig eater and proud. I need pork to live and don't like fake pork-like products. Can I get, say, bacon in the morning at a local place? I don't mind crispy bacon with the creepy sound of the azaan in the background.

Alcohol? Well with reported high taxes and home brew becoming the norm
, how long before alcohol is banned in clubs by the Islamist President?

Old 05-13-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
No there will not be a WWIII over the middle east. They don't have the productive capacity to wage a war of that magnitude, and the military powers that be have insufficient interest to take sides on behalf of a Muslim sect.
This is a bit short sided. Israel is loaded to the gills with nukes. Russia faced down the Third Reich, I doubt they are quivering over the thought of another world war. The US is just...well...drunk. Living high off of... debt. Our growth industries are death, surveillance, fear, incarceration, civil asset forfeiture, and an increasingly rogue government that scoffs at the rule of law unless it can be extorted against the proles.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:03 PM

9,809 posts, read 7,701,113 times
Quote:

LOL as if Middle Earth was not troubled well before Trump. Hint: check what happened over 1300 years ago when a certain bedoin came to town.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:03 PM

It is what the Rockefeller's wanted and they said so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuinaIm-kd4

Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,012,715 times
Quote:
It is what the Rockefeller's wanted and they said so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuinaIm-kd4
Infowars is one of the least reliable sources on the net.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:22 PM

4,375 posts, read 1,663,688 times
Quote:
This is a bit short sided. Israel is loaded to the gills with nukes. Russia faced down the Third Reich, I doubt they are quivering over the thought of another world war. The US is just...well...drunk. Living high off of... debt. Our growth industries are death, surveillance, fear, incarceration, civil asset forfeiture, and an increasingly rogue government that scoffs at the rule of law unless it can be extorted against the proles.
But Israel is no longer a player in the destabilization of the Middle East and the competition to become the dominant Islamic power. But you have accurately characterized Russia and the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or