U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-25-2018, 12:21 AM
 
Location: Ankara, Turkey
401 posts, read 184,870 times
Reputation: 370

Advertisements

I’m saying this for the one millionth time. I am Turkish and I live in Turkey. USA supported Islamists and Islamist cults in Turkey against us the seculars for decades.

US thought they could use, control and manipulate them easier then the enlightened seculars. The latest example is the Islamist Gulen cult based in Pennsylvania USA.

Therefore US media and it’s people should stop the “oh it’s so bad and sad” crap and start admitting their government’s decades long support and contribution to Political Islam in Turkey.

It’s like helping beat someone up and then telling everyone how sad it’s that they are all bruised up.

Last edited by Selen; 05-25-2018 at 01:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-25-2018, 11:13 AM
 
3,625 posts, read 1,564,546 times
Reputation: 2536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
Iím saying this for the one millionth time. I am Turkish and I live in Turkey. USA supported Islamists and Islamist cults in Turkey against us the seculars for decades.

US thought they could use, control and manipulate them easier then the enlightened seculars. The latest example is the Islamist Gulen cult based in Pennsylvania USA.

Therefore US media and itís people should stop the ďoh itís so bad and sadĒ crap and start admitting their governmentís decades long support and contribution to Political Islam in Turkey.

Itís like helping beat someone up and then telling everyone how sad itís that they are all bruised up.
How true are the facts about Ergodan?? Is he a secular or dictator like Assad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2018, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Ankara, Turkey
401 posts, read 184,870 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
How true are the facts about Ergodan?? Is he a secular or dictator like Assad?
He is a political Islamist. The opposite of secular.

Secular means a person who believes in seperation of religion and state. This doesnít mean that person is not religious or does not have a religion. It just means they believe in seperation of religion and state affairs. I believe in secularism as a way of governance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2018, 09:18 AM
 
2,797 posts, read 1,649,695 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
I’m saying this for the one millionth time. I am Turkish and I live in Turkey. USA supported Islamists and Islamist cults in Turkey against us the seculars for decades.

US thought they could use, control and manipulate them easier then the enlightened seculars. The latest example is the Islamist Gulen cult based in Pennsylvania USA.

Therefore US media and it’s people should stop the “oh it’s so bad and sad” crap and start admitting their government’s decades long support and contribution to Political Islam in Turkey.

It’s like helping beat someone up and then telling everyone how sad it’s that they are all bruised up.
Seems like everything is somehow America's fault Not saying America didn't use Turkey as a buffer zone between the USSR and the Middle East, but some of what you're saying seems like a bit of a stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2018, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Ankara, Turkey
401 posts, read 184,870 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Seems like everything is somehow America's fault Not saying America didn't use Turkey as a buffer zone between the USSR and the Middle East, but some of what you're saying seems like a bit of a stretch.
I never said everything was USís fault. However they contributed to the strengthening of political Islam in Turkey greatly and that is a fact. They should admit what they did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2018, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,521 posts, read 3,107,415 times
Reputation: 3363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selen View Post
I never said everything was USís fault. However they contributed to the strengthening of political Islam in Turkey greatly and that is a fact. They should admit what they did.

i'm blaming europe. THey wanted the army to have less control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2018, 08:46 PM
 
Location: New Jersey (Europe Sep ‘19)
1,270 posts, read 331,504 times
Reputation: 634
Turkey is becoming more and more Islamic due to Erdogan unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2018, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Manchester NH
9,640 posts, read 2,667,267 times
Reputation: 2564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Seems like everything is somehow America's fault Not saying America didn't use Turkey as a buffer zone between the USSR and the Middle East, but some of what you're saying seems like a bit of a stretch.
I don't know about Turkey. But in the case of Iran, everything is America's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2018, 10:03 PM
 
2,797 posts, read 1,649,695 times
Reputation: 2033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I don't know about Turkey. But in the case of Iran, everything is America's fault.
Are you talking about them taking in the shah or over throwing a democratically elected leader? Because from my understanding the British had a pretty big say in the later, however the first was primarily what caused relations to strain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2018, 12:49 AM
 
Location: Ankara, Turkey
401 posts, read 184,870 times
Reputation: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
i'm blaming europe. THey wanted the army to have less control.
Thatís true as well. They were very happy when the political Islamists came to power. They started EU entrance negotiations and rolled out the red carpet for them. They were never so nice to seculars earlier.

However, what US did was way more sinister. They supported an Islamist cult who had hundreds of schools in Turkey. The graduates were mostly brain washed Islamist cult members who obeyed mindlessly. In a country where education level is already very low, this was horrible.

This Pennsylvania based cult stole questions of entry exams to military, police, judiciary. They gave the questions to their graduates or to other members of their cult. The goal was to get rid of the secular and enlightened people in many institutions and replace them wlth their (and USís) puppets. They were succesful too to a great degree.

They were allied with the current government until a very recent power fight.

Anyways, US media conveniently forget and ignore their countryís decades long contribution and support to this effort to make Turkey an unsecular country when they discuss Turkey. This is a hypocritical behavior. I donít think they sincerely want Turkey to be secular. If the population were all ignorant and obedient like Saudi Arabia I think they would be happier. Though we saw the results of that on 9/11 and Afghanistan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top