U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 02:26 PM

55,659 posts, read 74,604,692 times

Advertisements

there are a few factors to take a hard look at
relationship with relatives
heat
medical infrastructure
citizenship vs visa
treatment of foreigners by locals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 08:01 PM

28,208 posts, read 47,606,329 times
Been told friend's son lives in Cebu, Philippines and wondering what is cost of living there?

Old 06-20-2018, 08:21 PM

351 posts, read 550,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Been told friend's son lives in Cebu, Philippines and wondering what is cost of living there?

Metro Manila is the most expensive part of the Philippines to live. Metro Cebu is a lot less.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:35 PM

6,580 posts, read 3,634,743 times
Quote:
Because it is a city with the advantages they provide , and not Metro Manila you will find a slew of expats vlogging about life in and around Cebu on YouTube. Being there and not taking a ferry or pump boat to get to the island should sooth your fears about being near a hospital and medical services.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:28 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,668,647 times
Quote:

Cebu can refer to the city (Cebu City), metro area (Metro Cebu), the island (Cebu Island) or the province (Cebu province). There are many references to the cost of living of Metro Cebu already, almost from the start of this thread, so no need to repeat here.

Metro Cebu refers mostly to Cebu City, Mandaue City and Lapu-Lapu City (where the airport and the beach resorts are, and is actually located in Mactan Island, accessible by 2 bridges from Cebu island). The further you go away from these 3 cities, the less the rent and property costs are, but the further one is to most urban amenities.

Bantayan Island is still part of the Province of Cebu, but is obviously a different island. Cost of living is very different from the city, as it is very rural and almost no urban amenities anymore.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:42 AM

2,808 posts, read 2,437,047 times
Quote:
IMO Cebu is a neat place to live, international airport, great malls as well as decent shopping, we live there 3 to 4 months a year and in Fort Lauderdale Florida the rest of the year, and I already wrote about cost of living there at the beginning of this thread, it will be all over the place depending on where on Cebu a person wants to live, outside the main city it is less expensive for rents and street food, in the city prices can also be all over the place, so it will depend on how nice a place a person wants to live in and what American type items they can do without.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:58 AM

He also said he lives in Bantayan in Philippines. Is that near Cebu?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
He also said he lives in Bantayan in Philippines. Is that near Cebu?
that is a small island (top left) which is considered to be a part of Cebu. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantayan_Island

Living in the Philippines question.-capture.jpg

Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 AM

Now I'm thinking about moving there myself. I wonder if my health problems would make it harder too get health care? My Diabetes on insulin and on blood thinner and need shots in my left eye every month for no telling how long.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Now I'm thinking about moving there myself. I wonder if my health problems would make it harder too get health care? My Diabetes on insulin and on blood thinner and need shots in my left eye every month for no telling how long.
I already answered that in the past posts, you will most likely not be able to get insurance for any preexisting conditions and if you can then they will not be covered for the first year, you will most likely be on your own to pay all those costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia