Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 03:56 AM

54 posts, read 49,703 times

Advertisements

I will start by saying that I am generally supportive of the so-called "Hindu Nationalism". Indians have a strong community of socially liberal middle class types that tend to side heavily with pre-colonial tradition and Hindu norms, which is exactly where I fall into.

But I find it surprising that it's the HuffPost that's been supporting issues such as Hinduphobia and generally taking a centrist stance on the Hindu-Muslim divide - evermore so than outlets like the NYT and directly conflicting what The Guardian is saying.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/hinduphobia
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2018/05...on_a_23426934/

I wouldn't say that they were supporting of Non-Muslim Indians as many of the comments accuse them of being, considering that there is still plenty of articles that support a mainly left-wing viewpoint, but it's surprising to see the HuffPost being more right-wing than right-wing outlets.

A lot of the material on the HuffPost nowadays would have been modded by Reddit when I was a frequent user.

There's still a lot that isn't mentioned by HuffPost. I've yet to see articles on the following subjects:

- the right-wing lean of second generation+ Indians in Europe, Canada, Australia, NZ and many other places

- the controversy surrounding the racial status of Pakistanis

- the Hindu-Muslim divide as an ethnocultural issue; such as the divide being present in non-theological women and gays too (and visibly present among transsexuals in Indian politics), and consequently Islamophobia among these communities.

- the lack of reporting about the perceived Pro-Muslim bias among left-wing parties in the West.

- racism against Indians vis-a-vis Muslims in the West, the Hindu-Muslim divide in the West, the lack of media attention focusing on racism between Indians and Muslims in the West.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:13 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
it all goes back to the battle of nahavand. downhill from there.

The writers may be communists.

Old 06-10-2018, 01:25 PM

3,778 posts, read 5,325,949 times
HuffPost is cr@p.

Don't worry about how bad the garbage stinks, just leave it in the trash bin and walk away.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
Apathetic neutral corruption. Tons of passion on the contrary with the original post in relation to the news media. India is not alone. Persian Gulf federations are dealing with tons of divide between these groups. Especially in UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman. For Southeast Asia, Malaysia. Learn the present issues, and then conduct diplomatic stability.

Old 06-13-2018, 05:15 AM

I'm just wondering why there hasn't been much right-wing commentary on the issue.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:02 AM

12,385 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowonder201812345 View Post
I'm just wondering why there hasn't been much right-wing commentary on the issue.
Maybe this belongs in the political forum. The American "right wing" is split between conservative populists , with conservative religious groups backing, the neo conservatives who see America as the leaders of the free world and the libertarians. The National populist are currently in power after President Trump swept through the Presidential primaries.

Go deeply enough into the out groups journals and you will see concerns over Hindu as well as Muslim fundamentalist and their treatment of local minority groups

Old 06-13-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Maybe this belongs in the political forum. The American "right wing" is split between conservative populists , with conservative religious groups backing, the neo conservatives who see America as the leaders of the free world and the libertarians. The National populist are currently in power after President Trump swept through the Presidential primaries.

Go deeply enough into the out groups journals and you will see concerns over Hindu as well as Muslim fundamentalist and their treatment of local minority groups
I notice that this is one of the few problems with the English speaking world. Christianity is mostly eradicated from European politics and then it's all got confined to minor third parties as well. The idea that Christianity is cultural or the "culture of Europe" is also very acceptable in European philosophy.

Historically, the left-wing in India actually comprised the most homophobic lobby, because it's members were primarily from the old money class that were educated/privileged under colonial rule; being educated by the British, they were sympathetic to Christianity, supportive of secularism, and against the nationalists.

Even now, the left-wing is widely perceived to be corrupt due to its members coming from the old money class of colonialism. The majority of its progressive leanings tend to be tokenism (read the news to understand what I mean) and the media is left-wing too, so we never hear about the right-wing gays and women in India.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:04 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,476,108 times
paganism, godlessness, and a uniform civil code is the way to go.

break the cycle, rise above, focus on science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia