U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-02-2018, 02:02 PM
 
3,520 posts, read 3,359,232 times
Reputation: 2566

Advertisements

I am so amazed by the persist and smart efforts people having put into it and the success they've achieved so far in locating these budding soccer players...humanity at its peak and just amazing to see how strong those boys stayed in the past 10 days...there are significant hurdles to overcome to bring them out safely...hats off to all the rescuers and helpers behind the whole project, and wish all boys will recover and return to normal living soooooooooon...


Missing youth soccer team found alive in Thai cave

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...01d9e0d3577356
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-02-2018, 04:33 PM
 
5,090 posts, read 8,064,121 times
Reputation: 3066
It's remarkable the boys and their coach were all found alive. I began thinking rather than a rescue, the teams might have to do a recovery. The next hurtle is to bring them out. Their families must be feeling elated with joy.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...-alive-in-cave

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...E13?li=BBnb7Kz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 06:24 PM
 
Location: San Diego CA
4,852 posts, read 3,377,310 times
Reputation: 7738
Reportedly the passage way out is flooded and it main rain increasing the water level. In a worse case scenario divers may have to fit each of the boys with scuba gear and swim them out. These kids are still in danger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2018, 07:00 PM
 
5,090 posts, read 8,064,121 times
Reputation: 3066
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Reportedly the passage way out is flooded and it main rain increasing the water level. In a worse case scenario divers may have to fit each of the boys with scuba gear and swim them out. These kids are still in danger.
Right. That's my understanding as well. There has been some talk that the kids could be in the cave for 3 or 4 more months while they learn to use the scuba gear. The water current is pretty strong. In the meantime, food and supplies will be sent in for them. My wife is over in Thailand for 3 months to visit family. I just called her a few minutes ago and talked about the kids in the cave. She gets up to date news about it, whereas here in the US, we just get bits and pieces of information. I was concerned they obviously had water, but no food. Even the water is risky to drink because of pesticides and other contaminants that drain in from the surface. She said the kids had taken along some pork, chicken, rice, etc., with them. At a guess, they must have must have portioned out the food to make it last as long as possible, so at least they had something to eat all this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
15,265 posts, read 12,566,166 times
Reputation: 22096
Just look what their stupidness has cause ..one diver ran out of oxygen himself and died.. horrendous waste of life of a brave man.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44734385
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 02:12 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,374 posts, read 19,297,224 times
Reputation: 8487
They just said they have to get them out at the weekend as the oxygen level in the cave has fallen a lot and they expect heavy rain.
The mere thought of those kinds' situation makes me feel claustrophobic.

Humans have gone to the moon half a century ago and yet we can't get those kids out of a stupid cave, despite knowing exactly where they are. Hard to believe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 02:14 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,374 posts, read 19,297,224 times
Reputation: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Just look what their stupidness has cause ..one diver ran out of oxygen himself and died.. horrendous waste of life of a brave man.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44734385
They have already deposited spare bottles halfway because of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 04:05 PM
 
3,520 posts, read 3,359,232 times
Reputation: 2566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They just said they have to get them out at the weekend as the oxygen level in the cave has fallen a lot and they expect heavy rain.
The mere thought of those kinds' situation makes me feel claustrophobic.

Humans have gone to the moon half a century ago and yet we can't get those kids out of a stupid cave, despite knowing exactly where they are. Hard to believe...



Do you have any genius solutions to this daunting task that we humans face...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-06-2018, 04:18 PM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,374 posts, read 19,297,224 times
Reputation: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Do you have any genius solutions to this daunting task that we humans face...
No, I am not an engineer.
Maybe they should pump in a lot of fresh air, just in case.
Even if the water level rises, the air won't disappear if the cave's rock is airtight. Like when you put an empty bowl upside down under water, the water doesn't enter into the bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2018, 12:34 PM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,636,371 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, I am not an engineer.
Maybe they should pump in a lot of fresh air, just in case.
Even if the water level rises, the air won't disappear if the cave's rock is airtight. Like when you put an empty bowl upside down under water, the water doesn't enter into the bowl.
I havenít paid much attention, but what I did see, they said they are pumping air in and and water out. They must be really deep inside this cave system. Divers are using entire oxygen bottles and needing an extra bottle just to reach them? Donít diving oxygen bottles last 45-60 minutes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top