U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 10:30 AM

9,876 posts, read 6,609,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthal_Ganesan View Post
You're all forgetting that Pakistanis don't actually LOOK Indian - they don't look like North Indians or South Indians. In the same way the average Bangladeshi is a mixture of North and South, the average Pakistani is a mixture of Middle Eastern and Indian.

Anyway, in the more liberal Europe, most Pakistanis have decided to integrate closely with the Middle Eastern population. In Canada/Australia/UK the Pakistanis are the main reason for the tension between Hindus and Muslims.
Pakistanis don't "look" Indian? Well, some do and some don't. "Indians" comprise a very wide variety of appearances depending on their region.

Well in the US, there is less of that issue of integration or getting along, at least from my experience. Seems like they tend to leave the home country political stuff behind, or at least, to a greater extent than you imply. I have a neighbor family who is Pakistani + Indian Muslim and they get along very well with our other South Asian neighbors who are Hindu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2018, 08:39 PM

63 posts, read 25,493 times
I find that most Pakistani people tend to want to identify as closely as to the Indian race as possible because Islamophobia is so strong and a lot of them dislike the negative stereotypes of being Middle Eastern.

I also think that the socioecoomics of the Muslim community comes into question. Even in the United States, I notice that both Pakistanis and Bangladeshis are poorer than Indians and Sri Lankans.

In general, the majority of the Muslim complainers are probably complaining about an issue that's caused by their socioconomic conditions rather than racism, similarly it would probably aid the idea that most Pakistanis are trying to attach themselves onto the more successful and well-stereotyped Indian community.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:06 PM

4,509 posts, read 3,092,720 times
it is the bedoiun idealogy that causes the problems of afghanistan, pakistan, and bangladesh. If they returned to paganism or godlessness and focused on science, all their problems would cease.

All idealogical problems in persia, south asia, and southeast asia come from the result of the battle of nahavand.

Like the israelis, you should adopt their motto "never again". remember the pagan holocaust that followers of the followers of bedoiun caused. It was disunity among the pagans led to bedoiun followers occupation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Pakistanis don't "look" Indian? Well, some do and some don't. "Indians" comprise a very wide variety of appearances depending on their region.

Well in the US, there is less of that issue of integration or getting along, at least from my experience. Seems like they tend to leave the home country political stuff behind, or at least, to a greater extent than you imply. I have a neighbor family who is Pakistani + Indian Muslim and they get along very well with our other South Asian neighbors who are Hindu.

You're neighbors get along because they want to make money. If they get out of line, they'll be treated like terrorists by the fbi and immediately waterboarded in gitmo.

Old 08-06-2018, 03:17 AM

3 posts, read 691 times
I think it's somewhat ridiculous to say that the status of Hindu-Muslim relations in the US, where an Islamophobic immigration policy in concert with a patriotic pro-assimilation policy has largely meant that the very small Muslim community have been tolerated by the Non-Muslim Indian, should apply to Hindu-Muslim relations everywhere else.

There are some huge socioeconomic differences between Hindus and Muslims throughout the Commonwealth Realms and Europe, and we get many asylum seekers from the Non-Muslim Indian community who tend to be as economically successful as those who entered as economic immigrants.

Furthermore, the cultural differences between Hindus and Muslims usually extends into the second and third generations, where we've got strong levels of racism between Hindus and Muslims even among minority groups such as women and homosexuals. It's almost racist to treat the community as if Hindus and Muslims should get along.

Old 08-06-2018, 08:41 AM

4,509 posts, read 3,092,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itnotthat View Post
I think it's somewhat ridiculous to say that the status of Hindu-Muslim relations in the US, where an Islamophobic immigration policy in concert with a patriotic pro-assimilation policy has largely meant that the very small Muslim community have been tolerated by the Non-Muslim Indian, should apply to Hindu-Muslim relations everywhere else.

There are some huge socioeconomic differences between Hindus and Muslims throughout the Commonwealth Realms and Europe, and we get many asylum seekers from the Non-Muslim Indian community who tend to be as economically successful as those who entered as economic immigrants.

Furthermore, the cultural differences between Hindus and Muslims usually extends into the second and third generations, where we've got strong levels of racism between Hindus and Muslims even among minority groups such as women and homosexuals. It's almost racist to treat the community as if Hindus and Muslims should get along.

followers of the bedoiun hate pagans. Its written in their book to tax, convert, or kill them.

remember the battle of nahavand. Asia goes downhill after that

Old 08-06-2018, 10:12 AM

9,876 posts, read 6,609,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itnotthat View Post
That's not the case here in my community, where we have many South Asians - of Muslim and non-Muslim background, and they generally get along.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:29 AM

3,648 posts, read 3,517,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthal_Ganesan View Post
I still don't get why people consider the average Pakistani to look Indian. I can't identify them as Indian and at the most they look like a mixture of Indian and Middle Eastern. After looking at things like genetics, I find it bizarre that not one left-wing outlet has forwarded the idea that Pakistanis shouldn't be classed Indian.

I think it's getting ridiculous how much Pakistanis are dominating South Asian racial societies and the like... I can't even identify them as Indian because of sexual racism! A lot of the Pakistanis in Europe have deeply integrated with the wider Middle Eastern community too leaving behind the smaller South Asian group.

It's not necessarily that it's mistaken identity but rather that you've got people on the left-wing screeching at the Non-Muslim Indian community about racism whilst ignoring anything that involves racism against Non-Muslim Indians from Muslims.

Indians from North Eastern states like Mizoram, Nagaland look very different when you compare them with Indians from Tamil Nadu. They are neither Hindu nor Muslim. What is your point about looks ??

Old 08-06-2018, 10:58 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,433,356 times
Yes they do.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:47 PM

56,004 posts, read 54,508,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Pakistani is basically a Muslim Indian.

India has a ton of ethnicities, looks, languages and everything else. Pakistan wasn't setup/created/carved out for ethnic reasons, it was of religious reasons.

There is no such thing as a Pakistani ethnicity...it's just a country created in the name of ISLAM and carved out of INDIA. From my understanding, any Indian who identified with Islam, was encouraged to relocate to Pakistan.
Yes. I work for a Pakistani woman whose family came from India. Recently her 92-year-old mother came to see her in the United States and had a heart attack the day after she got here. There was some confusion because my boss knows her mother is 92, but when her mother moved from India to Pakistan, she didn't have all the documents she needed or something so she and her three siblings all used the same birthday, which would make her appear to be 85, and so her official papers say she is 85...but she is 92.

Old 08-06-2018, 02:01 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,517,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes. I work for a Pakistani woman whose family came from India. Recently her 92-year-old mother came to see her in the United States and had a heart attack the day after she got here. There was some confusion because my boss knows her mother is 92, but when her mother moved from India to Pakistan, she didn't have all the documents she needed or something so she and her three siblings all used the same birthday, which would make her appear to be 85, and so her official papers say she is 85...but she is 92.

It will become even more confusing for Bangladesh people. Anyone above 71 years of age will be Indian citizen at the time of birth, Pakistan citizen between 1947 to 1971 and Bangladesh citizen 1971 onwards.

Approximately 7 million Muslims moved from India to Pakistan and 1 million muslims to present day Bangladesh. From Delhi alone, close to 400 000 muslims went to Pakistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or