Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 10:32 PM

9,859 posts, read 14,715,481 times

Advertisements

I just watched this video on Youtube which appeared in the suggestion column on the right and I'm pleasantly surprised by the responses. I think I'm downright shocked! Definitely has changed somewhat my views of these people.

What do you guys think? Are the Palestinians in the video representative of overall Palestinian belief regarding this or did the guys that made the video happen to bump into the more accepting types?

As they continue to ask them why they would allow it, many of them simply said 'the blacks are people too.'

Before watching this video I thought Palestinians were prejudiced regarding this, now I think the prejudices was from me to them.

Last edited by AntonioR; 08-08-2018 at 10:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 12:00 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,788,591 times
My ex was Palestinian, her sister married (and later divorced) a black African guy, and I've met a couple guys, one here and one in the US, who are mixed Palestinian/black.

A lot of more devout Muslim people will care more whether the person is Muslim than their skin tone. In the US/Canada, a lot of Palestinian-Americans align with leftist movements, even if they are personally more socially conservative because those movements tend to embrace Palestinians as the zenith of the human condition, while the North American conservative movements tend look down on them as an insiduous outside force. Because of the former, there are probably more chances for younger Palestinian-Americans to date African-Americans due to a generally more-positive view of interracial marriage and also the shared narrative of exploitation and oppression that both groups have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia