U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:19 PM

24 posts, read 14,989 times

Advertisements

is it true? Why? Just find the hair prettier and/ or like the "bubbly light" personality more so to speak?

Moderator note: The OP is asking why young Chinese females are attracted to blonde dolls or blonde pop stars or why they dye their hair blonde. The OP is NOT discussing anything of a sexual nature and any posts that try to hijack the thread by doing so will be deleted and may be subject to an infraction.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-16-2018 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 10:49 PM

78,528 posts, read 70,455,727 times
What are you talking about?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:26 PM

^This question might seem stranger for non-Asians, those not from there, those not there, or those who do not have a thing for Asian culture- afterall it is the Asia forum. If so, please do not be critical of what I say or say nothing at all. Thank you.

If you are any of the above, I think my question is pretty self-explanatory. If you do not believe it is true, you could've just said that and answered the first part, because this what I noticed but I sometimes I have doubts about. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:39 PM

There was no edit button to my question. I wanted to specify a preference for blondes regarding what but it's hard to pinpoint- I just meant a general most subtle preference in general. Like they act like they are their dolls or something. Sorry, that's the best way I could describe it. It could just be "cultural preference" as though cultures had their own unique personalities like people do.. But I'm not totally sure which is why I ask. A Chinese girl that this applied to would be best to answer this (but of course I know this would not apply to all of them).

Old 08-16-2018, 03:33 AM

By the way I do not mean a sexual liking, just an affable way.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:54 AM

12,683 posts, read 14,063,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReward View Post
is it true? Why? Just find the hair prettier and/ or like the "bubbly light" personality more so to speak?
It is an interesting question. In white countries in the West white people do everything they can to tan themselves brown, even to the point of suffering agonizing burns, blisters and sunstroke.

I am inclined to think that regardless of culture, people are contradictory to the point of being loony. I would guess that some Chinese girls are very impressed with the blonde, smiley, burbling types they may see in Western media. So, they get out the bottle of bleach and give it a try.

I sat in a cafe in Portugal this morning. The TV was on and it went into a long run of commercials. I never saw so many mouth-wide open yowling faces except on crocodiles ....and on U.S. TV with its endless commercials with grinning, gushing faces. The Portuguese around me, even the young people do not come over like that, but in recent years the television adverts have become more and more American in every respect. If it were not for the Portuguese language slogans, etc. that burst across the screen there is nothing in them that reflects Portuguese homes, cafes or public places that I have been in....it is what Portugal would be if it were NYC.

J-pop and K-pop singers often affect a Western look, maybe the influence on Chinese girls comes from the U.S. via those musical routes too.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-16-2018 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: Inflammatory and unnecessary

Old 08-16-2018, 05:05 AM

12,263 posts, read 18,393,933 times
Quote:
By the way I do not mean a sexual liking, just an affable way.
That's the only reason I clicked on this! The images that went through my mind....

Anyways I think you mean the female Asian preference for pale skin? It's not only China. I rode around in Saigon and saw all these women in 95 degree weather with long sleeve tops and there entire head covered. The girl I am with in Singapore won't go out in the sun without an umbrella.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 08-16-2018 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 08-16-2018, 08:10 AM

5,654 posts, read 3,640,251 times
I don't know the answer to the OP's question. Maybe it has to do with a fascination with American pop culture in general. Or maybe it's just a desire to distinguish one's self from the billion-plus fellow Chinese who all have black hair.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:36 AM

879 posts, read 250,870 times
Quote:

Moderator note: The OP is asking why young Chinese females are attracted to blonde dolls or blonde pop stars or why they dye their hair blonde. The OP is NOT discussing anything of a sexual nature and any posts that try to hijack the thread by doing so will be deleted and may be subject to an infraction.
As a chinese girl that grew up in the uk, I just wanted to be what everyone considered pretty, the blonde hair blue eyed girls were the ones that got all the attention, when you're young and having such a small world view you assume that blonde=pretty. Obviously i outgrew it. Nowadays i love that im in my 30s looking like im in my 20s. Most of the pretty girls i grew up with look 40.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:49 PM

78,528 posts, read 70,455,727 times
OP, what Asian women are you talking about? Where is this taking place? This phenomenon doesn't exist in MOST of Asia. Do you mean East Asia? Korea? Japan? Taiwan or parts of Mainland China? Please clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or