U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:31 AM

6 posts, read 3,824 times

Advertisements

All Philippine and other travel forums, including the formerly popular lonelyplanet are corrupted by tourist dollar interests, censorship and biases.

If you google Dumag**ete_**no_bs** and take out the asterisks * you will find good, honest and current info on the culture, Filipinas, restaurants, etc. This is a non-profit blog with NO special interests.

The P.I. has changed much for the worse in the several years I have lived here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 11:57 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,073,907 times
i like the northern towns at the tip of Luzon namely Burgos, Bangui, Pagudpud, Santa Praxedes and Claveria.

the scenery is just awesome..better than the Pacific Coast Highway.

i am local though residing abroad so i could not give an opinion that matters to expats because a local and an expat will have different take on a place and its culture. and i have never been a neighbor or friend to an expat so dont know how they are doing over there.

it seems there are americans/europeans married to locals in these towns as i've read their blogs.

but for me, i could retire in these towns. i like the vibes

Old 08-21-2018, 12:18 PM

9,644 posts, read 4,548,107 times
What a trashy site. No wonder you're not welcome on other forums. Do you have anything to talk about other than fat old men having sex with young Filipina children and prostitutes? Or the "pros and cons of bagging a virgin"?

If anyone else thought this might be a down to earth inside look at life in the Philippines, look elsewhere.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:23 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,949,141 times
You could tell just from his reference of lonelyplanet where his priorities were going to be.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:52 PM

6,105 posts, read 1,824,910 times
If someone retires to a developing country and ex-pat destination, it already goes without saying that a portion of the ex-pats are there for sex tourism or red light districts

It’s not a big deal as many of those locations are small compared to the overall countries. I’m not sure why anyone would want to discuss that here as there are more appropriate forums out there for such discussions

Old 11-03-2018, 08:26 AM

6 posts, read 3,824 times
Default Fyi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What a trashy site. No wonder you're not welcome on other forums. Do you have anything to talk about other than fat old men having sex with young Filipina children and prostitutes? Or the "pros and cons of bagging a virgin"?

If anyone else thought this might be a down to earth inside look at life in the Philippines, look elsewhere.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. One of the reasons people start blogs is precisely because 99% of internet forums (this one included) are heavily censored and mostly they exist to make advertising and other profits for their owners. That is what happened to lonelyplanet which used to be a good forum, but is now directed towards making profits by advertising hotels and other businesses without regards to the truth.

The arbitrary censorship and commercialization of the internet is now coming to light in view of the heavily censored conservative viewpoints on major (again, CORRUPT) sites like google, facebook, twitter,etc.
In the future legislation will be introduced to prohibit the censoring and blocking of free speech by people who think because they own a server, they own and can police the internet.

In case you're wondering, that is the main reason white older men go to the Philippines, Thailand and numerous other countries-to get LAID and not have to deal with western women who they are fleeing from in droves. If you want lies, stick to the tourist philippine pages and main Philippine forums, you will get plenty of lies and misinformation for your palate.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:44 AM

17,249 posts, read 10,169,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If someone retires to a developing country and ex-pat destination, it already goes without saying that a portion of the ex-pats are there for sex tourism or red light districts

Itís not a big deal as many of those locations are small compared to the overall countries. Iím not sure why anyone would want to discuss that here as there are more appropriate forums out there for such discussions
Agree with you both.

This forum is not for discussion of sex tourism or third world prostitution.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:44 AM

9,644 posts, read 4,548,107 times
Scum is scum and 99% of internet forums try to keep disgusting scum out of there.

Owning a server doesn't let you police the internet but it sure lets you police your own server.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:07 PM

1,752 posts, read 1,943,424 times
Why do so many Filipinas become nurses, then move to the United States? Genuinely curious about this.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:54 PM

6,573 posts, read 3,629,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
Why do so many Filipinas become nurses, then move to the United States? Genuinely curious about this.
Mostly the US has closed as the nursing shortage eased. But around 10% of the adult population works abroad and remit money back home. The paramedical occupations are nasty and messy but do have social perks for those who work in them. There being an identified market for paramedical workers colleges responded and open more classes but it is now saturated and many nursing school graduates never work as nurses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or