U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2018, 02:26 AM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,695 times
Reputation: 95

Advertisements

Wallacea should be independent. You have a separate culture and religion to most Indonesians. You should do an East Timor and fight for Independence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-09-2018, 06:56 AM
 
14 posts, read 7,251 times
Reputation: 13
Actually,we already did secede for a while and briefly had the Republik of South Maluku,but Indonesia illegally invaded it just like West Papua and East Timor.Only difference between the RMS and East Timor,was they got caught in East Timor and expelled.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repu...f_South_Maluku

So yeah,West Papua and Maluku are one in the same stories.

Btw,I appreciate your sentiment my Filipino brotha.I know I feel as much if not more kinship with Filipinos myself alot more than Javanese because of our similar religions,attitudes,and athletics.Funnily enough,the Phillipines supportes East Timor and are still quite close as they are the few Catholic countries of Asia.If Maluku was indepedent,I would even bet we would have as close ties with yall as we would Indonesia,for we actually have less bad blood then we have with Javanese and other Western Indonesians!

Not only that but Wallaceans also have different haplogroups and basically are a different race from Western Indonesians.We are genetically Pacific Islanders with as much if not more Melanesian ancestry than Polynesians and Micronesians!We also have Melanesian haplogroups on our paternal side and even our maternal side!

https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/26/8/1865/980671

But alas,especially Maluku and to a slightly lesser extent West Papua are going through heavy transmigration and forced assimilation by the mostly Javanese government.They do not wish to see Maluku and West Papua seperate because they are also the two most minerally rich and least crowded areas of Indonesia.But what is strange,is they along witb Nusa Tengarra are also the poorest part of Indonesia.That doesnt exactly add up now does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 01:07 PM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,695 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moluccan View Post
Actually,we already did secede for a while and briefly had the Republik of South Maluku,but Indonesia illegally invaded it just like West Papua and East Timor.Only difference between the RMS and East Timor,was they got caught in East Timor and expelled.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repu...f_South_Maluku

So yeah,West Papua and Maluku are one in the same stories.

Btw,I appreciate your sentiment my Filipino brotha.I know I feel as much if not more kinship with Filipinos myself alot more than Javanese because of our similar religions,attitudes,and athletics.Funnily enough,the Phillipines supportes East Timor and are still quite close as they are the few Catholic countries of Asia.If Maluku was indepedent,I would even bet we would have as close ties with yall as we would Indonesia,for we actually have less bad blood then we have with Javanese and other Western Indonesians!

Not only that but Wallaceans also have different haplogroups and basically are a different race from Western Indonesians.We are genetically Pacific Islanders with as much if not more Melanesian ancestry than Polynesians and Micronesians!We also have Melanesian haplogroups on our paternal side and even our maternal side!

https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/26/8/1865/980671

But alas,especially Maluku and to a slightly lesser extent West Papua are going through heavy transmigration and forced assimilation by the mostly Javanese government.They do not wish to see Maluku and West Papua seperate because they are also the two most minerally rich and least crowded areas of Indonesia.But what is strange,is they along witb Nusa Tengarra are also the poorest part of Indonesia.That doesnt exactly add up now does it?
Enough is enough. I have lots of East Timor friends and they tell me that life under Indonesian occupation was brutal. They forcibly migrated many Indonesians to East Timor then and held them under military occupation. But luckily, they became independent. The Philippines will surely support Wallacean independence since it also supported East Timor independence. But we're going against a giant here, Indonesia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 02:28 PM
 
14 posts, read 7,251 times
Reputation: 13
Luckily,many Indonesian tribals and other ethnic groups are also wanting independence other than Moluccans and West Papuans.The Acehnese on the other side of the archipelago also want independence for religious freedom,not so much ethnic differences.But Indonesia is huge and diverse and much more than just Java and Bali,as loathe as some want to say.And no,they are definitely all distinct.Indonesia can basically be described as a Javanese Muslim monopoly.

Aceh,Maluku,Papua,East Timor arent even the only ones who have clashed with forced Javanese transmigration and assimilation.The Dayaks of Borneo also had clashes with Javanese "settlers" and transmigrants as well.And usually,if not backed up by Indonesian government,many of us tribals are alot better at warfare and combat.Its just that the Javanese government and Java itself is by far the wealthiest part of the country for its fertile soils,plentiful rice farms,and their many "ahem" resources that they got from other,more minerally rich parts of Indonesia in the less populated and more forest rich areas,especially Papua and Maluku.

But Indonesian nationalist goverment funded brainwashing is very strong and strict,and I even saw some Indonesian nationalist on Quora wishing to have even Papua New Guinea "join" Indonesia.But of course,we all know its basically just Indo governments version of European Manifest Destiny,wanting to colonize and settle as far and wide as they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 11:25 PM
 
478 posts, read 189,711 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moluccan View Post
Luckily,many Indonesian tribals and other ethnic groups are also wanting independence other than Moluccans and West Papuans.The Acehnese on the other side of the archipelago also want independence for religious freedom,not so much ethnic differences.But Indonesia is huge and diverse and much more than just Java and Bali,as loathe as some want to say.And no,they are definitely all distinct.Indonesia can basically be described as a Javanese Muslim monopoly.

Aceh,Maluku,Papua,East Timor arent even the only ones who have clashed with forced Javanese transmigration and assimilation.The Dayaks of Borneo also had clashes with Javanese "settlers" and transmigrants as well.And usually,if not backed up by Indonesian government,many of us tribals are alot better at warfare and combat.Its just that the Javanese government and Java itself is by far the wealthiest part of the country for its fertile soils,plentiful rice farms,and their many "ahem" resources that they got from other,more minerally rich parts of Indonesia in the less populated and more forest rich areas,especially Papua and Maluku.

But Indonesian nationalist goverment funded brainwashing is very strong and strict,and I even saw some Indonesian nationalist on Quora wishing to have even Papua New Guinea "join" Indonesia.But of course,we all know its basically just Indo governments version of European Manifest Destiny,wanting to colonize and settle as far and wide as they can.
What do you mean ?
Is it economically ready for independence?
Is it ready to be a backward country like Timor Leste?

a beautiful country that has a lot of diversity such as ethnicity, religion, language ... I just don't understand why eastern Indonesians always have a bad prejudice against Java or western Indonesia? and not seeing Jokowi or our government fighting for development in Eastern Indonesia and focusing more on it, please do not listen to outside incitement . You can imagine hundreds of years of Dutch colonizing Indonesia do they have a focus for eastern Indonesia? never and that is not even touch at all, not even stay in east indo .nahh after indonesian independence they start wanting eastern Indonesia that because they have no other choice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2018, 11:29 PM
 
478 posts, read 189,711 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moluccan View Post
So everyone knows what "Asians" look like and what they stereopically consist of culturally:Buddhism,Confucianism,and Hinduism or all three in Asia.And of course,Mongoloid physical features and eating and farming rice.Then all these features coincide with Geography and tectonic plates and certain fauna and flora.Also,Sino Tibetan and Austro Asiatic languages along with the Asiatic Austronesian languages.

First,when I say East Indonesia I will exclude West Papua and Sulawesi,and be talking specifically about Nusa Tengarra(Timor,Sumba,Flores,Sumbawa,etc) and the Maluku Islands.All these inbetween Sulawesi and Papua,south of the Phillipines.Now on more than half of these account,Eastern Indonesia fails at.Eastern Indonesian islands are not only VERY heavily admixed or even mostly Papuan in ancestry like certain Timorese and Moluccans from Seram or Kei or the most isolated and mountainous jungle tribes,but quite a few languages in East Indo are not even Austronesian but belong to or are related to Papuan languages.

Up next is the fact that Wallacea has never even been part of the Asian mainland nor Asian tectonic plates,which gives Wallacea extremely unique fauna such as Komodo Dragons,Birds of Paradise species,and Marsupial species.Yes,you heard that right.East Indonesia,such as the island of Seram,the biggest and most isolated Moluccan island,has ****ING KANGAROO species.The isolated tribesman there such as the Masuane and Nuaulu even hunt eat them.

And this comes to another point,religion.Wallacea is the only majority protestant region in Southeast Asia,with a minorit6 of Catholics and Islam.Wallacea never really had any influence at all from East Asian philosophy such as Confucianism and Buddhism,and had even neligible influence from Hinduism unlike West Indonesia.Physical appearance,East Indos and Timorese seldom resemble any East Asian Mongoloids as well.And my last point is East Indos just dont "seem" very stereotypically Asian.In general and from even my own family and anecdotal exp.,Moluccans are very warm,extroverted,religious,family oriented,passionate,musical and creatively inclined,and also temperamental compared to any other East Asians.Just look at the history of the Dutch Moluccans RMS independence movement and protest and terrorism and riot history.

And speaking of family,Moluccans have gigantuc families,average family size being 4-8 kids.Lastly,Moluccans and most East Indos DONT use rice as a staple food but instead use sago,taro,cassava,and breadfruit as mainstays witn rice more an afterthought just like the South Pacific.So what is yalls thoughts?Anecdotal experience is welcome.

Courtesy of a close Dutch Moluccan(Seramese) friend from a scientific anthropoligical source




Maps of Wallaceas distinctiveness










Indonesian ethnic very genetically diverse, more precisely this diagram shows tribes like in Indonesia are genetically different
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gn...asianfig1b.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prehistoric_Indonesia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2018, 09:46 AM
 
14 posts, read 7,251 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
What do you mean ?
Is it economically ready for independence?
Is it ready to be a backward country like Timor Leste?

a beautiful country that has a lot of diversity such as ethnicity, religion, language ... I just don't understand why eastern Indonesians always have a bad prejudice against Java or western Indonesia? and not seeing Jokowi or our government fighting for development in Eastern Indonesia and focusing more on it, please do not listen to outside incitement . You can imagine hundreds of years of Dutch colonizing Indonesia do they have a focus for eastern Indonesia? never and that is not even touch at all, not even stay in east indo .nahh after indonesian independence they start wanting eastern Indonesia that because they have no other choice
Maybe because Eastern Indonesians still have their own unique identity that is extremely different from Javanese,our own culture,language,religion,phenotypes,values,dances ?Maybe because that development isnt conducive to us retaining our unique identity and how Western Indonesians are trying to absorb and assimilate Papua and Maluku and deny us of our autonomy or even our cultural and ethnic preservation?Yall are no better than the European colonists!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2018, 08:16 PM
 
478 posts, read 189,711 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moluccan View Post
Maybe because Eastern Indonesians still have their own unique identity that is extremely different from Javanese,our own culture,language,religion,phenotypes,values,dances ?Maybe because that development isnt conducive to us retaining our unique identity and how Western Indonesians are trying to absorb and assimilate Papua and Maluku and deny us of our autonomy or even our cultural and ethnic preservation?Yall are no better than the European colonists!!!!
that's the reason why all ethnic groups in Indonesia have different physical / cultural / language characteristics. for example In Jakarta, it is more striking when people come from sulawesi, Lombok, Flores, Molucan and even Bali (although balinese looks a little similiar javanese people ) they will say oh you are an East Indonesian? this fact occurs because 1.accent / language 2. character / physical 3. culture
I see moluccan, nusa Tenggara, timorese, flores ,some sulawesi more similiar like pacific people and east african like tongan, fijian , malagasy, madagaskar, rapanui, tahiti etc .( but not looks a like papuans) I first met moluccan girl in Jakarta she a very beautiful girl at first I thought she was sundanese or minahasa, but she said she was a pure moluccan even i meet moluccan with eurasian look
Do you look at the Aceh people in sumatra they look like a different kind of mixture of Indian, portuguise , arabian and chinese blood that is why the people of Acehnese are very religious and have their own uniqueness from others . even Jakarta like bangkok (because I often go to bangkok) the people like a mixture of local population with east asian (overseas chinese ),this is my observation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2018, 04:42 PM
 
14 posts, read 7,251 times
Reputation: 13
That is true,I have seen Asian and even White looking pure Moluccans (as in two Moluccan parents with a Moluccan surname)..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-11-2018, 11:38 PM
 
478 posts, read 189,711 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moluccan View Post
That is true,I have seen Asian and even White looking pure Moluccans (as in two Moluccan parents with a Moluccan surname)..
yeah, molucan some look white because your people has mixed blood in the colonial era, not surprisingly in the netherlands almost half are the descendants of molucan - dutch like the pretty one thisisayden https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuawbOwVUAAyFa8.jpg
while molucan has asian look maybe a lot molucan marrying with javanese / menado / sundanese / minangnese / chinese / bataknese and etc examples like Indah Pelapory https://suaramalukudotcom.files.word...pelapory-2.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top