U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 03:09 PM

222 posts, read 95,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
You need to attend the anime conventions where you'll find weeaboos
Not a fan of anime. It's actually very interesting how driving my RAM 1500 helps me pick up white girls.

Old 09-04-2018, 05:43 PM

1,041 posts, read 477,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
I don't find it offensive at all. I mean, to each of your own... Everyone has their own preference, right...? Is it because of our distinctive "Asian" look? Just curious.

I actually like black women more. Interestingly, most of my Asian friends would call me crazy if I say that. Maybe it's the same goes for white women when they say they like Asian men?
For me, it has nothing to do with looking Asian. Some Asian looks could be very beautiful and exotic. It has more to do with the fact that most Asian men are puny-looking, do not dress up-to-date, shirts hanging out, not tall enough, ugly teeth, and features are less exotic, and are less friendly. Although I am beginning to see many younger Asian-American men in the gym, looking very- toned, nice hairdo's, beautiful teeth, and dressing more up- to- date. Also, being very- friendly. So, that type of Asian male, will attract any woman, not necessarily White women.

I do not blame you one bit, many Black women could be very beautiful and exotic......

Old 09-04-2018, 05:59 PM

1,041 posts, read 477,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
A racial or national angle makes it a forbidden topic on this message boards relationship forum

This is very true. There are many people that will look at the relationship askance, simply because they are racists........

Old 09-04-2018, 06:03 PM

150 posts, read 55,559 times
I think many Russian women like East Asian men. ... American women are fatter than European women. In China, men do not care about American women at all. Old Asian men are short. But taller than white women in America.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:08 PM

This is an American woman. Post by: deliberate Time: 24-Oct-2008 8:04
    You guys are all still (still) talking about old, folklore and pop-culture-based stereotypical beliefs.

You have to look at the glass half full instead of half -empty!

I’ve been to China 7 times...

I have seen some very masculine HOT and BIG Chinese dudes. Maybe I don’t waste time looking at the small, wimpy, computer nerdy, fem Chinese dudes you are all talking about, but I honestly didn’t see any like that.

I think that because of different traditions and different needs in their society (Chinese daily life is NOT easy like ours is) their tastes are different... but if you look past the brightly colored clothes or the fact that the dude might not be totally ripped with a 6 pack and might not be a cocky bastard "player" like lots of western "hot" dudes are, then you could see real masculine beauty and strength with Chinese men.

Especially in Qingdao I saw lots of tall, large-framed Chinese men whose faces almost made me drop in my tracks...I mean literally, "drop dead handsome". And they are also "exotic" in that they are "different" than what we’re used to...they’re (usually) not as "cocky" as western guys and are much less assuming. They tend to be a little more reserved, shy and perhaps conservative...but they still would love to have a try with a western woman (if they’re single that is-- want to stress here: don’t go out and break up homes in china now western girls!).

to be continued in next post (it’s long)

Old 09-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Post by: deliberate Time: 24-Oct-2008 8:05

I’m married to a Chinese man (from China). He’s pretty atypical for a Chinese man if you think of most Chinese men as you’ve all described above...But I’d venture to say there are plenty like him.

He’s tall (over 6 feet tall) and weighs almost 200 lbs and LOVES to go to the gym. He’s really independant (not easy to push this guy around) BUT he’s fiercely loyal and does think my opinion as his wife matters with important decisions and so he does ask me. His traditional little cultural inuendos and quirks are just endearing and provide me with a great learning opportunity about him and his culture and humanity (and help me constantly look at myself)...

Now, that being said...I wondered (painstakingly) as I walked the streets in China what the hell American or western women are thinking? Where are their heads? up their asses? (sorry girls...I have to ask this) bEcause there really are some HOT guys there!!!! And ones that are worth asking out if you (and they) are single!!

If you NEVER ask them out or present a situation where they can ask YOU, then you’ll never know how delightful an experience a Chinese man is!!! You just have to give it a go and see for yourself!!!! It’s wonderful!!!

Old 09-04-2018, 06:16 PM

17,241 posts, read 10,169,578 times
Nope, sorry.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:26 PM

@sasie123 China is a big country. You say Asians are short. If you have been to Kazakhstan and Shandong I think you will shut up.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:48 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,667,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I don't think so.
Urban educated Chinese women have a higher status than American women. There are many women engineers, bankers, professors...in China.
One-child policy further boosts the social status of women.

In family, women often control money and dictate lots of things.

With the one-child policy and traditional filial piety, aren't most Chinese parents moving in to live with the newlywed couple (as without any brothers or sisters, who else can take care of the parents)? Culturally, living with parents-in-law is probably one of the hardest thing American women can accept.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:55 PM

6,722 posts, read 6,597,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
With the one-child policy and traditional filial piety, aren't most Chinese parents moving in to live with the newlywed couple (as without any brothers or sisters, who else can take care of the parents)? Culturally, living with parents-in-law is probably one of the hardest thing American women can accept.
It's not very common for urban families now.
Chinese in the cities all live in apartment buildings, and old people have their own apartments. Some very old people who lost their own home or lived in the countryside may move to their children's place at some point. But none of my uncles and aunts live with their children -- they would hate it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or