Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 08:13 PM

214 posts, read 238,101 times

Advertisements

Dalian, Liaoning Province Asian Americans are much shorter than young North Chinese men.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-05-2018 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Image deleted.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:29 PM

Beijing and Tianjin Northern China Average Asian Americans are higher than Cantonese. Shorter than northern young Chinese men

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-05-2018 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: Image deleted.

Old 09-05-2018, 01:04 AM

1,007 posts, read 2,013,869 times
I bet white girls would find it extremely unattractive when an Asian guy unleashes his lack of confidence by asking such questions. If you're mentally mature enough, why should you submit yourself to racial obsession? (i.e. Why only white girls?)

Old 09-05-2018, 02:04 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,644 times
If OP wants to date white women, what does it matter what other Asians look like? Why does someone need to post all these photos of Asian men, as if American women haven't seen any Asian men their entire life!

What matters is that the woman OP wants to date finds him attractive. Why does it also matter what other white women think or feel? And this thread somehow seems misplaced. How can people in the Asian forum know more about what white women feel compared to a guy who is in Texas? If OP is Korean-American, why ask Koreans in Korea (or other Asians in Asia) what American women feel and think? Wouldn't he know better?

Old 09-05-2018, 03:08 AM

American women have never seen Kham Tibetan and Huns....

I think many American white women are a bit stupid. Arrogant
. If you really like white women You can go to Russia. Usually very easy to find Russian women.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 10,976 times
Korean wave and other Asian cultures are not very popular in your area.

In Asia, many young people know the names of famous male and female Korean celebrities. They may also know some good looking famous K pop singers who are not Koreans such as those from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand. The Korean wave fans are friendly to the Koreans. And these fans are more in Asia than in western countries. The fans in western countries is increasing.

The main reason you don't see many white women dating asian men in asia is language and cultural differences. Some people maybe worrying about cultural differences.

Second, asian girls in Asia and western girls, including asian girls in the west, think differently on attractiveness of a man. Korea has their own beauty standards of men and women, Japan's and China's standards a bit different from Korea, the US and other western countries' standards are more different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
Sorry if my question sounds stupid. I'm a Korean-American living in Texas and I rarely see White girls dating Asian men. They're so far and few between. I don't know if it's just my city, though.

So, back to my original question: do White girls find us attractive? If not, why?

Old 09-05-2018, 08:49 AM

511 posts, read 399,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZpharmer View Post
I bet white girls would find it extremely unattractive when an Asian guy unleashes his lack of confidence by asking such questions. If you're mentally mature enough, why should you submit yourself to racial obsession? (i.e. Why only white girls?)
Well, I see Asian men with any other races more often, but those with White females. I also lived in Northern Mexico (Saltillo, Coahuila) for a while, and lots of Hispanic women would date Asians there. They would even teach them how to speak Spanish. How cool is that? Those pure Western-looking gueras don't date Asians, however.

That being said. Most Asian-Americans including those who recently moved to the US tend to be high-income, and generally prefer to live in a desirable part of the city - where it's predominantly White. Yet, you rarely see AM/WW couples, even in colleges and universities. But hey, that's just based on my experience.

Last edited by michaeltx9412; 09-05-2018 at 09:13 AM..

Old 09-05-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasoncb View Post
Korean wave and other Asian cultures are not very popular in your area.

In Asia, many young people know the names of famous male and female Korean celebrities. They may also know some good looking famous K pop singers who are not Koreans such as those from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand. The Korean wave fans are friendly to the Koreans. And these fans are more in Asia than in western countries. The fans in western countries is increasing.

The main reason you don't see many white women dating asian men in asia is language and cultural differences. Some people maybe worrying about cultural differences.

Second, asian girls in Asia and western girls, including asian girls in the west, think differently on attractiveness of a man. Korea has their own beauty standards of men and women, Japan's and China's standards a bit different from Korea, the US and other western countries' standards are more different.
I understand. I've read some horror stories from White women living in Korea. It's funny how they want or expect Korean men to speak English fluently, though. I mean you're in another country. Learn to speak their language first. And, of course, learn their culture at least. It's that easy.

I agree on the different standards of beauty.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:57 PM

297 posts, read 166,653 times
I think it's an attractiveness factor as well as availability factor.

I'm a white guy married to a Chinese woman. In my pre-marital life I've been involved with girls from Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Laos and Korea. Some white/latina women as well. And 1 black.

These girls didn't really care about the "white" thing as much as they cared about the "human" thing. But I guess that comes from living in the US where options are abound. As for the men, I've encountered plenty of white women dating/marrying Asian men. One common denominator of these men is their built. They work out, clean cut, have it pretty much together and aren't flashy. So they can be pretty attractive in the eyes of many women. And they're the ABCs or ABJs, or ABKs.

The other type of Asian men, mostly the foreign born ones (CBC and I'm not sure if there's an acronym for Koreans, Japanese etc) who sort of subscribe to the k-pop type of look are more feminine looking and probably in acting as well. In general, I've found foreign born Japanese men to be polite, Koreans not as much, Chinese and Mongolians varying degrees of confrontational, and Vietnamese are more subdued. Depends on what the women are looking for. But many simply won't approach white women whereas they find it easier to approach Asian women.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingwuwang92 View Post
I think many Russian women like East Asian men. ... American women are fatter than European women. In China, men do not care about American women at all. Old Asian men are short. But taller than white women in America.
From what I've heard (not sure if it's 100% true), Eastern European girls have become quite common in some large foreginer districts such as Itaewon(이태원) in Korea. Most of them also seek rich Chinese and Korean nationals to get married. I have a friend of mine who is married to a woman from Czech. She is taller than her husband. International marriage involving with White women is very popular now - both in Korea and China.

Ironically, you won't see that much here in North America, which is the only true melting pot in the world. Yes, I know there are a lot of interracial couples involving white women and Asian men. DFW and Atlanta come to my mind. But the ratio still seems slim compared to other races. Anyways, can't comment about Western Europe since I've never been there, but I hear it's similar to the US.

Last edited by michaeltx9412; 09-05-2018 at 04:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.