Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 08:32 PM

511 posts, read 400,124 times

Advertisements

Sorry if my question sounds stupid. I'm a Korean-American living in Texas and I rarely see White girls dating Asian men. They're so far and few between. I don't know if it's just my city, though.

So, back to my original question: do White girls find us attractive? If not, why?

Old 09-03-2018, 08:55 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,195,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltx9412 View Post
Sorry if my question sounds stupid. I'm a Korean-American living in Texas and I rarely see White girls dating Asian men. They're so far and few between. I don't know if it's just my city, though.

So, back to my original question: do White girls find us attractive? If not, why?
I'm not a fan of 'dating Asian' questions on the Asia Forum. But, I'll give this shot.

I was living in South Korea for quite a long time throughout the years of 1996-2008. (I'm a white American, by the way). While I saw many white guys dating Korean women, I almost never saw it the other way around. Usually white women in Korea remained largely dateless. The main reasons being that Korean men struggled with the cultural differences of white women compared to Korean women. Basically, especially 15-20 years ago, Korean women were treated quite poorly while the Korean man could pretty much do whatever he wanted without any repercussions - and few white women would tolerate that). Culturally, there were a lot of unwritten rules in Korea in regards to man/woman relations - usually being quite negative for the woman.

Anyway, fast forward to about ten years ago in South Korea, and now you have a more feminine Korean man, who've become more popular with K-Pop and K-Drama, and now when I go back to visit South Korea, I often see these other types of men, who are just culturally different. Now, I see more young white women from the U.S., who are interested in Korean pop culture, and want to date a local. In short, it's coming around...

I've also met the occasional white woman, usually from the West Coast USA, who want to go to Korea and even date and so forth. I think partially because there are a ton of Korean-Americans on the West Coast, and they are very American - i.e. they surf, they drink, they get tattoos, they party, the workout, the look good. I think, in general, American women are equally most attracted to muscular men, and Korean-American are in general more prone to work-out a lot more than their South Korean counterparts who can just be skinny and date many Korean girls in Korea. But, in the U.S., most men need to work out more to date within the U.S.

Anyway, etc., etc. Maybe some insights...maybe you might agree or disagree...but my two cents anyway.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:40 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
If you grew up in Texas, you should have more insights than those who live in Asia.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:23 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,809 times
be funny,open minded, treat them as your equal..i submit all those things are needed in any relationship, whatever race

if you are asian and looking for a white girl who you want to be submissive.. you can find those but they have problems with self esteem

they like to have fun, they like to drink..so you have to do those too

Old 09-04-2018, 11:50 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
be funny,open minded, treat them as your equal..i submit all those things are needed in any relationship, whatever race

if you are asian and looking for a white girl who you want to be submissive.. you can find those but they have problems with self esteem

they like to have fun, they like to drink..so you have to do those too
1.What does this mean? A white submissive girl what comes to my mind is in unhealthy abusive relationship where she isn't viewed as an equal.

2. There isn't any stereotyping going on at all in the underlined portion of your statement.

3. The OP may want to define what he means by "white girls".

Old 09-04-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
1.What does this mean? A white submissive girl what comes to my mind is in unhealthy abusive relationship where she isn't viewed as an equal.

asians generally dont treat women as their equal. they like them to serve them. so thats what they are looking . you think americans want to be treated like that?

Old 09-04-2018, 12:20 PM

1,286 posts, read 3,480,670 times
My answer is no but that's mostly because I'm 5'9" and like my partner to be at least a few inches taller.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atina33 View Post
My answer is no but that's mostly because I'm 5'9" and like my partner to be at least a few inches taller.
most american women are not that tall

those asians who understand whites are successful with white women.

i know one who is in his 2nd marriage with a white woman already.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:47 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
asians generally dont treat women as their equal. they like them to serve them. so thats what they are looking . you think americans want to be treated like that?

Usually no there are some "white" subcultures in the USA though where that is the norm but they are typically closed groups.

Although in some rural parts of the USA it isn't all that uncommon for the woman to stay at home taking care of the children, doing all the cooking cleaning and pretty much managing the home and sometimes catering to the husband especially if he is a good provider. There is nothing wrong with that some couples find that life mutually satisfying following traditional roles. I think it differs though with what you mention about "serving them" and the culture that goes with it that sounds degrading to my western ears. I am a cultural fusion of Portuguese/American cultures and would be uncomfortable with a daughter of mine marrying or dating an Asian man that viewed her as a servant.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:48 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,285 times
No offense, please,.... I just do not find most of them attractive, that is the only reason. I know most of them are very- intelligent, but between a man and a woman, that first attraction says it all.

I do, however, find some Asians from India, very attractive.....!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia