Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 01:02 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
asians generally dont treat women as their equal. they like them to serve them. so thats what they are looking . you think americans want to be treated like that?
I don't think so.
Urban educated Chinese women have a higher status than American women. There are many women engineers, bankers, professors...in China.
One-child policy further boosts the social status of women.

In family, women often control money and dictate lots of things.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:11 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I don't think so.
Urban educated Chinese women have a higher status than American women. There are many women engineers, bankers, professors...in China.
One-child policy further boosts the social status of women.
How did you determine this? Also how do you define high status? The higher status you allude to comes across as a Chinese-centric cultural term that I'm not grasping. It doesn't translate well culturally or linguistically.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:17 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I think it differs though with what you mention about "serving them" and the culture that goes with it that sounds degrading to my western ears.
i was thinking of the traditional role women have.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:20 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post

I do, however, find some Asians from India, very attractive.....!!!!!
be careful of what you wish for. people from the sub-continent are notorious for having low regard for women.

and if you are the woman, you have to "buy" your husband from the parents. and after buying your husband, you have to serve him

makes no sense isnt it? if you buy him, he should be the one serving you

Old 09-04-2018, 01:25 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
How did you determine this? Also how do you define high status? The higher status you allude to comes across as a Chinese-centric cultural term that I'm not grasping. It doesn't translate well culturally or linguistically.
Higher status means possessing power, getting respected (not just protected), and having the freedom to choose.

Old 09-04-2018, 01:47 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
be careful of what you wish for. people from the sub-continent are notorious for having low regard for women.

and if you are the woman, you have to "buy" your husband from the parents. and after buying your husband, you have to serve him

makes no sense isnt it? if you buy him, he should be the one serving you
Most countries in the world, have low-regard for women, including the USA......and I am fully aware of India's "dozier." I am not looking to marry one......all I said was S O M E of them are attractive.....

However, in the USA, that is changing very- rapidly, because more woman are getting high-end educations, and are saying....."ENOUGH IS ENOUGH." Many women of other countries, look-up to the American women, and that is a good thing, because EVEN the MUSLIM women are changing the status-quo.....!!!! Although, I do not recommend that they look after Hollywood, I consider that a cesspool....!!!!

Old 09-04-2018, 01:52 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,519,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Higher status means possessing power, getting respected (not just protected), and having the freedom to choose.

I fully agree with you....

Old 09-04-2018, 02:35 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,268 times
You need to attend the anime conventions where you'll find weeaboos

Old 09-04-2018, 02:37 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I lived in Japan for 3 years, Korea for 1 year, and now Hawaii so I’ve seen my fair share of Asian culture.

East Asian men largely date East Asian women like black women largely date black men. It’s just a cultural thing.

It has nothing to do whether or not white women like East Asian men. You’re assuming that East Asian men like white women which the statistics largely don’t reflect.

(And putting this topic in the relationship section will only get it deleted, they’re strict about stereotype threads)

Old 09-04-2018, 02:52 PM

511 posts, read 400,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
No offense, please,.... I just do not find most of them attractive, that is the only reason. I know most of them are very- intelligent, but between a man and a woman, that first attraction says it all.

I do, however, find some Asians from India, very attractive.....!!!!!
I don't find it offensive at all. I mean, to each of your own... Everyone has their own preference, right...? Is it because of our distinctive "Asian" look? Just curious.

I actually like black women more. Interestingly, most of my Asian friends would call me crazy if I say that. Maybe it's the same goes for white women when they say they like Asian men?

Last edited by michaeltx9412; 09-04-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia