U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:23 AM

188 posts, read 186,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Harsh reply. But I wouldn't visit the Philippines as long as they have an evil dictator who basically kills the poor and can't begin to provide gainful employment for it's people.

Least favorite: Philippines

Favorite: Thailand, best of all worlds with respect for nature via Buddhism.
Lol he's not a dictator, we elected him. And actually the unemployment rate went down under Duterte.

I love how you pretentious and soulless people love that w#0Re-house Thailand, sex tourism capital of the world, the b!t(h and the rapist always find a way to f_(k one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 08:46 AM

3,848 posts, read 3,968,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Lol he's not a dictator, we elected him. And actually the unemployment rate went down under Duterte.

I love how you pretentious and soulless people love that w#0Re-house Thailand, sex tourism capital of the world, the b!t(h and the rapist always find a way to f_(k one another.
Dictators can be elected dude. You talk a lot about rape when you elected a cruel POS who kills whoever he wants. And if he raised the unemployment rate, what is your underemployment rate, 90%?

Old 10-25-2018, 08:59 AM

@Max Planck

@Back to NE

To underscore how unworthy you are to even step on Paraiso, you should listen to this song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSM9SWV8Vn8

It's about the city of Manila, it has been destroyed by over 11 wars.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Manila

Manila has to rebuilt as many times as Troy was rebuilt...

In addition to these wars, it is also considered the most disaster-prone capital in the world, it's on top of an Earthquake fault line, it's in the volcanic Pacific Ring of Fire, it's also on a Super Typhoon belt.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/focus/03/23...bal-assessment

Yet through the centuries of non-stop violence, theft and destruction (including 4 wars where Westerners destroyed the City) [And now Western tourists don't even register the city under their tourism radar] it's people have constantly rebuilt it and never lost faith in the land...

What you see as squatters and ruins, I see as people who simply want to live their life amidst trying circumstances and a people who are in deep poverty but is imbued with profound spiritual strength.

Now, I want you to listen to the song again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSM9SWV8Vn8

And then ask yourself...

Am I worthy of Paraiso?

Last edited by Selurong; 10-25-2018 at 09:22 AM..

Old 10-25-2018, 09:24 AM

@Max Planck
@Back to NE

^_^

Thailand is awesome! Very profound and beautiful place! Please settle there.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:56 AM

Honestly, I would rather live in the squatter shanties of Tondo (Former site of a Palace-City BTW before it was burned by the Spanish who sailed from Mexico, looted by the Chinese pirates, invaded by Majapahit, incorporated by the Brunei Sultanate, assaulted by British-Indians, artilleried by the Americans and bombed by the Japanese, and blood spilled in the streets of the failed Philippines revolution, crushed by America) and a city constantly and periodically destroyed by earthquakes, floods, volcanoes and typhoons, which have to be constantly rebuilt...

The people become humble, resourceful, hopeful and if they stay behind despite these disasters, prove themselves loyal and faithful against all odds...

Yet, poor and unremarkable at the surface...

Than live in the safe Glorious Golden Mansions and Skyscrapers of "Alpha Super-Rich Global City, New York" Crossroads of Civilization and Capital of the World. Cesspool of every status-seeking, materialistic, back-stabbing, self-interested social climber from here to Timbuktu, calcified and trapped in their guilded cages.

Thank God for places like that, at least we can keep places like Manila pure, sacred and ignored...

And most importantly, HUMBLE and POOR IN SPIRIT.

But I made it my life's mission to live elsewhere, poorer than Manila, maybe in Africa or Arabia. In that, they may be blessed by holy poverty that's even more profound than Manila's...

Last edited by Selurong; 10-25-2018 at 11:03 AM..

Old 10-25-2018, 10:34 AM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,232,517 times
Quote:
Honestly, I would rather live in the squatter shanties of Tondo (Former site of a Palace-City BTW before it was burned by the Spanish who sailed from Mexico, looted by the Chinese pirates, invaded by Majapahit, incorporated by the Brunei Sultanate, assaulted by British-Indians, artilleried by the Americans and bombed by the Japanese, and blood spilled in the streets of the failed Philippines revolution, crushed by America) than live in the safe Glorious Golden Mansions and Skyscrapers of "Alpha Super-Rich Global City, New York" Crossroads of Civilization and Capital of the World.

But I made it my life's mission to live elsewhere, poorer than Manila, maybe in Africa or Arabia. In that, they are blessed by holy poverty that's even more profound than Manila's...
Those are contradictory terms.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Those are contradictory terms.
The greatest wisdom is often found in paradoxes my friend.

Religious people btw take a vow of poverty, mostly in order to enrich others and be a wellspring to true wealth.

Last edited by Selurong; 10-25-2018 at 11:32 AM..

Old 10-25-2018, 12:28 PM

3,848 posts, read 3,968,588 times
Quote:

Religious people btw take a vow of poverty, mostly in order to enrich others and be a wellspring to true wealth.
Hmm, when someone is accepting extreme poverty as wisdom, they must be in bed with their failed and evil government. Mollified to the point of embracing extreme poverty as a good thing, yikes.

Old 10-25-2018, 01:56 PM
AFP

6,898 posts, read 4,232,517 times
Quote:

Holy comes from the word whole which means complete whereas poverty is less than whole it is a state of deficiency.

Mostly because they don't think they deserve to have nice things.

Old 10-25-2018, 05:21 PM

58 posts, read 48,839 times
Quote:
You have negative opinion of Filipinos because you attract the same people who hold your views. BTW Weren't it Westerners who colonized Filipinos, stole from Filipinos, raped Filipinos and destroyed Filipinos under 450 years of colonization? If you were bitching that Filipinos have no culture, then your people shouldn't have destroyed and obliterated the native culture in the first place.

You're just sick of Filipinos because we know how to speak your language and know all about your dirty, greedy imperialist ass. Go be a sexpat elsewhere, like in Thailand, Westerners have raped Filipinos enough already. Go rape someone else for a change.
Haha, I'm already used to getting attacked by Filipino netizens.

I actually had a few Filipino friends in my home country, but then the plane landed and it took me by surprise how rude the people were.

Calling me a sexpat, a rapist without even knowing me. Not suggesting where I could potentially travel within the Philippines to experience great local flavor. Not recommending anything. Just pure hate and vitriol. You are a bad ambassador for your country.

This is just like that NPC meme that keeps going around where you overreact to nonsense without have an alternative or unique viewpoint. You are insecure. I know it because you and I are both aware that your country is the prime playground of 60 year old beer bellied men who want young wives.

This is how I know Filipinos disrespect and do not truly like Westerners. I've seen their jealousy on full display. It's primarily for money and tourism. At least Thailand has better food and is more developed. Your culture and country are subpar at best and have a weird way of ensnaring and entrapping westerners and when push comes to shove, they are murdered and disgraced without a fair trial. Mob justice is still the name of the game on those islands. Having the highest murder rate in SEA is no joke. On the other hand, Filipinos are found everywhere in the world begging for rights in HK, making a mess in Singapore. At the same time, foreigners in their country have zero rights and everything is rigged for their own demise.

How can you say we exploit the locals when they earn so much money and take advantage of dimwitted expats and tourists? I'm very familiar with Filipino culture and the next assault you land on me here, I'll put it on full display for the world to see. Then people will realize that those people from the Philippines aren't as friendly and cooperative and freethinking as many are led to believe.

So respectfully, accept my opinion because many people share it. It's simply not broadcasted enough or it is drowned out by crappy montages of Palawan and Boracay islands to have any meaningful impact.

Best Wishes,
Your buddy Maxxy

(Sent from Thailand from my iPhone)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or