U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-22-2018, 11:11 AM
 
3,339 posts, read 2,076,763 times
Reputation: 2367

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post


Then you have Filipinos more in the middle of the Hispanic-looking spectrum, like Manny Pacquiao's wife

pacquiao's wife is a product of Dra Belo

in fact there is a joke going around that Jinkys twin sister was never shown on public until Dra Belo operated on her so that the secret wouldnt come out
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2018, 05:08 PM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,875 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
pacquiao's wife is a product of Dra Belo

in fact there is a joke going around that Jinkys twin sister was never shown on public until Dra Belo operated on her so that the secret wouldnt come out
Lol no. She always looked like that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2018, 10:32 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
pacquiao's wife is a product of Dra Belo

in fact there is a joke going around that Jinkys twin sister was never shown on public until Dra Belo operated on her so that the secret wouldnt come out

I've seen old pictures of her. It looks like she had work done, but her nose has always been sharp. In fact, it looked a lot sharper before and it looks like she tried to tone it down. Similar to how white women get their noses done because they're too sharp
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2018, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Earth
4,514 posts, read 3,095,891 times
Reputation: 3356
that's because of the inferiority complex established by Magellan.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2018, 07:43 AM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
This video proves what I was talking about earlier


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d1wP4n1Fxc

The standard of beauty is not just European. They mention Asian features (like slanted eyes) as being beautiful. They mention how the Korean look is considered part of the standard of beauty.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 07:00 PM
 
480 posts, read 190,234 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Most people in the Philippines dont care about Hispanics or Latinos any more. That was a fad that went away in the early 2000s. They dont even show Latin telenovelas on the TV any more. Filipinos watch a lot more Asian (Korean, Chinese) stuff and listen to K-Pop, not Latin music.

And the situation in the Philippines is different from Indonesia. There are actually Filipino celebrities who look Hispanic because they are of Spanish-descent. There are a lot. A few I can think of off the top of my head:

Enrique Gil and Julia Barretto



Coleen Garcia



Richard and Lucy Gomez-Torres



Chito Gascon. He's not a celebrity. He's a human rights activist. I just threw him in there to prove that they're not all attractive celebs. Some of them have real jobs


The funny thing is, you actually dont hear them claim or talk about their Spanish ancestry because it's usually ancestry from a few generations back. These people arent even in touch with their Spanish ancestry and dont seem to care about it.

On the other hand, there are also a lot of Filipino celebs who are half German, British, Italian, etc etc. These are the ones that I actually hear talking about their German, British, Italian, etc heritage because they actually have a parent who is from that country. They can usually still speak the other language too. With Filipinos of Spanish-descent, the connection to Spain is already lost. Most of them cant even speak Spanish.
Yahhh, in general half filipina half white will never look like Coleen Garcia or Lucy Gomez-Torres in your posting (they do have a typical Hispanic appearance) commonly seen from half filipina half white which are typical like pia wurtzbach (black hair, black eyes,thin lips) or features like rachel peters .


Do you know that there is american named das william, he is a mixture of Dutch-Indonesian 2generation on the mother's side. while the father is pure white. while das william does not have the appearance of white, many think he is el savador, peru and etc. but if you see his little brother in the middle he looks like a northern mexican type while his father looks pure white.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n362Aqfa8_...0218morro3.jpg
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 08:08 PM
 
480 posts, read 190,234 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
This video proves what I was talking about earlier


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d1wP4n1Fxc

The standard of beauty is not just European. They mention Asian features (like slanted eyes) as being beautiful. They mention how the Korean look is considered part of the standard of beauty.
Wow so defferent with standards beauty in Indonesia are usually standards beauty in Indonesia is like Latin American or Europa people . rarely is East Asians used as a beauty standard because maybe Indonesian people are used to seeing the features of East Asian in Indonesia (Chinese, Korean, Japanese ) and rarely find the Caucasian / White feature
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Wow so defferent with standards beauty in Indonesia are usually standards beauty in Indonesia is like Latin American or Europa people . rarely is East Asians used as a beauty standard because maybe Indonesian people are used to seeing the features of East Asian in Indonesia (Chinese, Korean, Japanese ) and rarely find the Caucasian / White feature

Filipinos have three standards of beauty:

-Mestiza- mixed European and Asian features

-Chinita- East Asian features

-Morena- dark brown skin, regular Filipina features


The first two are obviously the most popular. Mestiza used to only standard of beauty, but now chinita is close to surpassing it, especially because Korean media is so popular with Filipinos. Notice how in the video, most girls said they liked slanted eyes.

The morena look is not really popular but it's becoming more popular with some celebrities. Ylona Garcia is a young celebrity who has the morena look


But besides her, it's really rare to see morena celebs (besides comedy roles). A lot of women say they're morena, but they're not actually brown-skinned.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26 PM
 
480 posts, read 190,234 times
Reputation: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Filipinos have three standards of beauty:

-Mestiza- mixed European and Asian features

-Chinita- East Asian features

-Morena- dark brown skin, regular Filipina features


The first two are obviously the most popular. Mestiza used to only standard of beauty, but now chinita is close to surpassing it, especially because Korean media is so popular with Filipinos. Notice how in the video, most girls said they liked slanted eyes.

The morena look is not really popular but it's becoming more popular with some celebrities. Ylona Garcia is a young celebrity who has the morena look


But besides her, it's really rare to see morena celebs (besides comedy roles). A lot of women say they're morena, but they're not actually brown-skinned.
morena look you are posting is indeed not the type of beauty standard in Indonesia, even if she gets a role in a film or sinetron she will be a role as a village girl, poor or as a maid. but this type of girl is usually a favorite of white men. Ok again as my comment before many mixed-blooded ( Indonesia-White ) Indonesian or artists have hispanic look usually synonymous with beauty, this is an Indonesian type of artist who generally has a look like this

Anissa Rawles : http://www.sisidunia.com/wp-content/...x7UEAAo_gW.jpg

Nina Kozok : https://obs.line-scdn.net/0m018662cc...b2b3e3b3b/w644

OR this guy ( Bobby Ida ) http://cdn1-a.production.images.stat...Bobby_Ida2.jpg
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2018, 11:55 PM
 
392 posts, read 102,328 times
Reputation: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
morena look you are posting is indeed not the type of beauty standard in Indonesia, even if she gets a role in a film or sinetron she will be a role as a village girl, poor or as a maid. but this type of girl is usually a favorite of white men. Ok again as my comment before many mixed-blooded ( Indonesia-White ) Indonesian or artists have hispanic look usually synonymous with beauty, this is an Indonesian type of artist who generally has a look like this

Anissa Rawles : http://www.sisidunia.com/wp-content/...x7UEAAo_gW.jpg

Nina Kozok : https://obs.line-scdn.net/0m018662cc...b2b3e3b3b/w644

OR this guy ( Bobby Ida ) http://cdn1-a.production.images.stat...Bobby_Ida2.jpg



This is what young celebrities look like in the Philippines.


From Left to Right: Filipina/Australian, Full Filipina, Full Filipino, Filipina/German, Filipino but 1/4th American, Full Filipina, Full Filipino but with Spanish ancestry, Filipina/American, Full Filipina but with Spanish ancestry, Filipino/British, Full Filipina (the one I posted in the last post), Full Filipino

There's no Chinese-Filipinos in the pic above, but they're also common celebrities.

So yes, there's still a lot of mixed Filipinos in the media, but it's a lot better than before because there's plenty of full Filipino celebs now.

Just compare it to 50 years ago. Most of the celebs in the Philippines were white. Many of the people in this video are full white- half Spanish and half American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Egr8cBS-sA

So the Philippines media has come a long way and is improving
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top