U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 08:28 PM

9,584 posts, read 2,647,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
botelli and pennyone were more entertaining. At least they put up agruements
I don't put up arguments, I put up facts.

Name one thing I've said that is untrue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 04:27 AM

4,375 posts, read 1,663,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
what outside powers?
The Rashidun Caliphate's 100,000 man army, which was succeeded by the Umayyad Caliphate, followed by the Abbasid Caliphate, through the 7th and 8th centuries..

Old 11-01-2018, 07:05 AM

12,268 posts, read 18,397,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I don't put up arguments, I put up facts.

Name one thing I've said that is untrue?
I had an entire list in the Korea thread of your misstatements....

But, you know what? It would be better if you stick to the travel features of Iran and stay out of the politics...that's where things go wrong. You can contribute to the logistics of travel to Iran, and yes the beauty. I actually referenced a person that wanted to visit Iran to you a few days ago. But, man, stay out of politics, you just get silly. We actually have forums where the political discussions are out of bounds but it seems our moderator here chooses not to enforce that here.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I had an entire list in the Korea thread of your misstatements....

But, you know what? It would be better if you stick to the travel features of Iran and stay out of the politics...that's where things go wrong. You can contribute to the logistics of travel to Iran, and yes the beauty. I actually referenced a person that wanted to visit Iran to you a few days ago. But, man, stay out of politics, you just get silly. We actually have forums where the political discussions are out of bounds but it seems our moderator here chooses not to enforce that here.
My political knowledge and intuition is perfectly accurate, you can say what you want about the korean thread but my main argument (something you fail to acknowledge was correct). And that was the korean war was what caused the communist regime in NK to be so abnormal (same with our bombing Cambodia and Khmer Rouge).

Anyways this is a travel thread first and foremost, and Iran is such a great country, if you traveled there, your narrow political understandings would be broadened.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Anyways this is a travel thread first and foremost, and Iran is such a great country, if you traveled there, your narrow political understandings would be broadened.
Hey I am open minded and would love to travel to Iran. I've been all over the world however, and rule #1 is when you travel, don't discuss politics. You explore the culture, you explore the history, you eat the food and enjoy the sights. But debating politics is a dead end topic. I got to Peoples Republic of China every year, you think I am there to debate the ownership of Spratly Islands or the status of Taiwan?

As for your political views - well the P&C sub-forum is in that direction (points to the sewers).

Here is the recent post in the travel sub-forum on Iran by the way. You can see I refered to you as a knowledge source. Feel free to contribute but please don't get into politics there.
Visiting Iran

Old 11-01-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Hey I am open minded and would love to travel to Iran. I've been all over the world however, and rule #1 is when you travel, don't discuss politics. You explore the culture, you explore the history, you eat the food and enjoy the sights. But debating politics is a dead end topic. I got to Peoples Republic of China every year, you think I am there to debate the ownership of Spratly Islands or the status of Taiwan?

As for your political views - well the P&C sub-forum is in that direction (points to the sewers).

Here is the recent post in the travel sub-forum on Iran by the way. You can see I refered to you as a knowledge source. Feel free to contribute but please don't get into politics there.
Visiting Iran
Ok, cool, I'll look over the thread, and no politics from me.

Old 11-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Ok, cool, I'll look over the thread, and no politics from me.
Excellent! See we can disagree on politics but travel always brings people together.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:31 PM

78,573 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Is it even safe for Americans to visit Iran? I'll tell you, it's never been safe for female Americans to travel there, whether alone, or with a male companion. You are privileged, OP, in ways you have no inkling of.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:05 PM

1,183 posts, read 344,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Is it even safe for Americans to visit Iran? I'll tell you, it's never been safe for female Americans to travel there, whether alone, or with a male companion. You are privileged, OP, in ways you have no inkling of.
Yes, Iran actually is a fairly safe country for Americans to travel to. To qualify that though - its certainly more comfortable for American males than single females (as you know) and can be actually unsafe for Americans with previous Iranian nationality or of Iranian origin if they speak their mind and its not what the authorities permit them to think. Also not safe for Persian Jews who formerly lived in Iran until 1979 and were then ethnically cleansed by the first round of the current regime.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
If you have family there itís definitely safe for women (and even if not, the safety is similar to a single woman traveling anywhere in the world alone).

Iran has a modern culture where men donít beat women in the streets like Saudi Arabia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or