U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 02:44 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,637,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Excellent! See we can disagree on politics but travel always brings people together.
My wife and I will be doing a trip from London to Beijing for our anniversary in a few years and Iran is one of our countries we want to travel through. Persian culture is pretty awesome and Persia is one of my favourite empires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 04:36 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,601,290 times
I know quite a few Iranians (born in Iran) in America, and all of them are quite westernized.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:51 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,948,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I've been to most of these places, and they are astonishing, the people, the trade, the goods you can by from the bazaar, the ancient history, the food, the mountains, it's insane.

North of Tehran you'll get some of the best ski resorts in the world while in the south you'll get the ancient ruins of Persepolis and in the north west you'll see stunning cities like Tabriz.

Go and visit now, it will be your best vacation in a life time, take your love ones, traveling is easy. Sure I have an Iranian passport but getting a visa there is a fly.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/i...ces/index.html

I mean do you see this stuff: https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/30-beautif...tehran-1579154
Surely you jest. Are you being paid on commission?

Old 11-04-2018, 05:58 PM

9,587 posts, read 2,647,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane_sm1th73 View Post
Surely you jest. Are you being paid on commission?
Why, what is wrong with traveling to Iran, I do it.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 PM

4,513 posts, read 3,094,486 times
bite your head off, man

Old 11-04-2018, 08:08 PM

9,587 posts, read 2,647,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
bite your head off, man
What, to whom do you say this?

Old 11-05-2018, 02:15 PM

4,127 posts, read 915,125 times
I don’t like that Iran violates human rights! All races, women’s rights, lgbt rights, all religions, and even those having no religion, should all be protected. Until Iran does this, I will never visit that country.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM

1,183 posts, read 344,173 times
Quote:
If you have family there it’s definitely safe for women (and even if not, the safety is similar to a single woman traveling anywhere in the world alone).

Iran has a modern culture where men don’t beat women in the streets like Saudi Arabia.
That's not exactly true. There is a lot of feeling of sexual oppression by men of women in Iran and the women are increasingly vocal and resistant to it. Any country that has actual morality police (ie not a joke line but an actual institution) is going to be a problem.

There is the Iranian people as a whole - but then there's the people who hold power and rule with fear in Iran. And they are quite something else. No better than the Saudis.

Last edited by Chint; 11-05-2018 at 02:57 PM..

Old 11-05-2018, 02:47 PM

1,183 posts, read 344,173 times
Quote:
If you have family there it’s definitely safe for women (and even if not, the safety is similar to a single woman traveling anywhere in the world alone).

Iran has a modern culture where men don’t beat women in the streets like Saudi Arabia.

So modern is it that it doesn't permit women to attend soccer matches. I don't know which century you live in but that's not what most people would call modern. I guess if your definition of modern means "not beating women in public" then you may be correct, but of course that's a bull**** definition.

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/201...rs/iran#d91ede

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...re-rey-prison/

By the way, have you heard of Atefeh Sahaaleh

or Mona Mahmunizhad. Read these if you want to choke in anger - she was hung along with 10 other women. In truth, she was too "uppity" for a woman - had too many opinions and didn't bow down to male authority - if you read the first hand accounts. here's the sanitized Wiki version:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Mahmudnizhad

Last edited by Chint; 11-05-2018 at 02:55 PM..

Old 11-05-2018, 04:06 PM

4,513 posts, read 3,094,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
That's not exactly true. There is a lot of feeling of sexual oppression by men of women in Iran and the women are increasingly vocal and resistant to it. Any country that has actual morality police (ie not a joke line but an actual institution) is going to be a problem.

There is the Iranian people as a whole - but then there's the people who hold power and rule with fear in Iran. And they are quite something else. No better than the Saudis.

that's because its been occupied since 642 AD and still is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or