Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 08:24 PM

63 posts, read 54,501 times

Advertisements

I still don't get why people consider the average Pakistani to look Indian. I can't identify them as Indian and at the most they look like a mixture of Indian and Middle Eastern. After looking at things like genetics, I find it bizarre that not one left-wing outlet has forwarded the idea that Pakistanis shouldn't be classed Indian.

I think it's getting ridiculous how much Pakistanis are dominating South Asian racial societies and the like... I can't even identify them as Indian because of sexual racism! A lot of the Pakistanis in Europe have deeply integrated with the wider Middle Eastern community too leaving behind the smaller South Asian group.

It's not necessarily that it's mistaken identity but rather that you've got people on the left-wing screeching at the Non-Muslim Indian community about racism whilst ignoring anything that involves racism against Non-Muslim Indians from Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 09:31 PM

7,646 posts, read 6,412,592 times
british stopped kafir reconquesta in the midst of chaos. They could have retaken the subcontinent. even afghanistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgSrf0pOpCw

the pagans could still do it but they would have to put the followers of the bedoiun in concentration camps. Converts to the ways of the bedoiun are more fanatical than the original arabs. Renouncing the ways of the bedoiun means renouncing your family. They are excommunicated and in their book it says they can be killed for it.

always remember, it all went downhill after the battle of nahavand.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:33 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,437,820 times
India is a huge country. Its true that someone who is Tamil has little in common with your average Pakistani, but that's not the case with the North. Hindi and Urdu are very similar languages. The main thing separating them is the script, with Urdu obviously taking its cue from Arabic due to the proliferation of Islam.

Old 07-24-2018, 11:48 PM

7,646 posts, read 6,412,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
India is a huge country. Its true that someone who is Tamil has little in common with your average Pakistani, but that's not the case with the North. Hindi and Urdu are very similar languages. The main thing separating them is the script, with Urdu obviously taking its cue from Arabic due to the proliferation of Islam.

This is why I advocate the reunification of the subcontinent under a secular democratic government with english as one of its official languages and a uniform civil code.

Why anyone would emulate the ways of the bedoiun is beyond me.

Some Baluchistanis speak the same language group as the tamils.

Focus on science.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:09 AM

13,570 posts, read 10,268,520 times
That's way too much of an oversimplification - and many exceptions can be made to the OP's assertion.

Plenty of Pakistanis have similarities with some Indians and vice versa. The Muhajirs (heavily in Sindh province, and especially Karachi) are descended from Indian regions.

I don't understand the fixation that the OP has with regards to Muslim and non-Muslim South Asians.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:42 AM

16,284 posts, read 42,959,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthal_Ganesan View Post
I still don't get why people consider the average Pakistani to look Indian. I can't identify them as Indian and at the most they look like a mixture of Indian and Middle Eastern. After looking at things like genetics, I find it bizarre that not one left-wing outlet has forwarded the idea that Pakistanis shouldn't be classed Indian.

I think it's getting ridiculous how much Pakistanis are dominating South Asian racial societies and the like... I can't even identify them as Indian because of sexual racism! A lot of the Pakistanis in Europe have deeply integrated with the wider Middle Eastern community too leaving behind the smaller South Asian group.

It's not necessarily that it's mistaken identity but rather that you've got people on the left-wing screeching at the Non-Muslim Indian community about racism whilst ignoring anything that involves racism against Non-Muslim Indians from Muslims.
Pakistani is basically a Muslim Indian.

India has a ton of ethnicities, looks, languages and everything else. Pakistan wasn't setup/created/carved out for ethnic reasons, it was of religious reasons.

There is no such thing as a Pakistani ethnicity...it's just a country created in the name of ISLAM and carved out of INDIA. From my understanding, any Indian who identified with Islam, was encouraged to relocate to Pakistan.

Old 07-25-2018, 09:28 AM

You're all forgetting that Pakistanis don't actually LOOK Indian - they don't look like North Indians or South Indians. In the same way the average Bangladeshi is a mixture of North and South, the average Pakistani is a mixture of Middle Eastern and Indian.

Anyway, in the more liberal Europe, most Pakistanis have decided to integrate closely with the Middle Eastern population. In Canada/Australia/UK the Pakistanis are the main reason for the tension between Hindus and Muslims.

Old 07-25-2018, 10:56 AM

In terms of the language, it means very little when it comes to Muslims. You've got Arabs and Blacks in Africa who both speak the same variety of Arabic, let alone the severe differences between Urdu and Hindi. Furthermore, a lot of Indian Muslims themselves consider themselves to be a separate ethnicity in the progressive areas.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:27 AM

13,570 posts, read 10,268,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Pakistani is basically a Muslim Indian.

India has a ton of ethnicities, looks, languages and everything else. Pakistan wasn't setup/created/carved out for ethnic reasons, it was of religious reasons.

There is no such thing as a Pakistani ethnicity...it's just a country created in the name of ISLAM and carved out of INDIA. From my understanding, any Indian who identified with Islam, was encouraged to relocate to Pakistan.
While Pakistan may have been carved out/partitioned on the basis of religion, they are not at all unified or of the same ethnicity/communities within their boundaries. And there are inter ethnic rivalries that abound. Like Sindhis vs Muhajirs in Karachi.

You've forgotten that there was an East and West Pakistan earlier - and the cultural and linguistic issues eventually came to bear in the 1971 war - which resulted in the creation of Bangladesh.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:30 AM

127,537 posts, read 11,757,700 times
Oh who cares? I do not judge people by how they look. And many European nationalities cannot be identified by looks alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia