Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 07:17 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,076 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/QoCS8fTVUgI

India used to have Anglo-Indian community. Now most of them have immigrated to Perth, Australia. My school teachers were mostly Anglo-Indians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2019, 07:20 PM

1,002 posts, read 907,695 times
Dutch - Indo 2generation and 3generation they preserve Indonesian culture and food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j-pIddqlEY

Old 03-29-2019, 09:53 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Nowadays do Filipinos still prefer European looking that much?
I suppose the K-pop and Chinese TV shows have changed their taste a bit?

Old 03-30-2019, 09:51 AM

732 posts, read 780,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Nowadays do Filipinos still prefer European looking that much?
I suppose the K-pop and Chinese TV shows have changed their taste a bit?
Kpop, yes somehow. But Chinese? Besides kung-fu, uh uhm, nope.

I think Filipinos nowadays prefer to have smoother-skin regardless of color but many still likes lighter skin tone (albeit not much about Caucasian whiteness, yep Caucasian skin in general not European) be it Asian white or whatever lighter skin race. I don't think we want excessive Caucasian whiteness, we actually don't like being so white we call and some despise them as "anak-araw", just enough to have lighter smoother looking skin perhaps.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:56 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Kpop, yes somehow. But Chinese? Besides kung-fu, uh uhm, nope.

I think Filipinos nowadays prefer to have smoother-skin regardless of color but many still likes lighter skin tone (albeit not much about Caucasian whiteness, yep Caucasian skin in general not European) be it Asian white or whatever lighter skin race. I don't think we want excessive Caucasian whiteness, we actually don't like being so white we call and some despise them as "anak-araw", just enough to have lighter smoother looking skin perhaps.
It's not just complexion but facial features too.
I heard Meteor Garden was very popular in the Philippines. No? There was a new version in 2018.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:32 PM

1,117 posts, read 842,891 times
Quote:
I heard Meteor Garden was very popular in the Philippines. No? There was a new version in 2018.

But its not like Korea where they have a very specific standard of beauty. You could ask Koreans what the standard of beauty is and most of them would have the same answer. Filipinos will have varying answers. Some like morenas (brown-skinned, big-eyed), some like chinitas (East Asian, small eyes), and some like mestizas (European-mixed).

And yes, Meteor Garden was very popular in the Philippines

Old 03-31-2019, 02:37 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
koreans get a crapload of plastic surgery

Old 03-31-2019, 06:05 PM

732 posts, read 780,817 times
Quote:
Everybody in this world not just Filipinos tend to like certain facial features to a certain degree. The only difference is most of Filipinos don't go gaga over it as to assorting to doing plastic surgeries. We adore features that would make everyone more beautiful but we are more than happy to have them skin deep. I think personality and character is more important for Filipinos more than anything else.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:33 PM

1,002 posts, read 907,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Filipinos treat Filipinos of European descent with deference and respect.

According to genetic studies about 13% of Filipinos are partially Spanish/Latino while 1% are pure-bred Nordic Europeans.

30% are partially Chinese while 2 Million are pure Chinese. 1% are also South Asians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos

Let me clarify though that Filipinos are more Amerasian than Euroasian. Most Spanish migration during the 1500s to 1800s came via Mexico and Peru and most Europeans who settled from 1900s onwards were Americans since they colonized the country.
the latest genetic studies about all Filipinos is they are pure Austronesian genes that's why majority Filipinos looks native than mixed blood .* this explains no mixture Europe , Nordic,Spanish or Chinese in Filipinos genes

Old 04-08-2019, 10:36 PM

1,117 posts, read 842,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
the latest genetic studies about all Filipinos is they are pure Austronesian genes that's why majority Filipinos looks native than mixed blood .* this explains no mixture Europe , Nordic,Spanish or Chinese in Filipinos genes
Which genetic studies? Can you post them?

Filipinos are more than pure Austronesian. National Geographic says the average Filipino is 53% Southeast Asian/Oceanian, 36% East Asian (like Chinese), 5% Southern European, 3% South Asian (like Indian), 2% Native American (this probably came from Mexican soldiers).
https://genographic.nationalgeograph...ions-next-gen/

That's the average, but it varies per person. Filipinos are mostly Austronesian, but it's not rare at all to be mixed with other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia