Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 01:55 AM

2 posts, read 640 times

Advertisements

Philippines is a rising country
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 05:23 AM

732 posts, read 780,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
In my opinion it will be by purchasing large tracts of land for farming and manufacturing. Paying poor wages with lots of danger for Filipinos while exporting the better products. My BIL quit Hanjin to go to work in Qatar as it was safer and paid better wages. He did not want to die or be seriously injured in an on the job accident like so many others that he saw.

Think about Hanjin (Korean for now, Chinese soon?), the dirt mines in Zambales (Chinese building the Scarborough Shoal) and the current situation with rice production and exportation in the RP. Just a few examples but I foresee it coming in much of the same way it has in Africa and other places around the world.

Filipinos aren't sending balikbayan boxes with Jasmine rice back home for no reason. It's a shame and there is no reason for the Phils to sell out to these foreign governments.
China maybe able to do so but not in the foreseeable future, maybe when they are ready to conquer the world in general not just the Philippines. They maybe able to overpower Africa now but they wont be able to Southeast Asians including Philippines. Development is somewhere near the same territory and overpowering someone would need a brutal force both by economic and firepower. I dont think Phils is that weak as African countries to yield down to them.

Also, idk if you are putting that as a metaphor or figuratively but balikbayans wont send boxes with Jasmine rice unless they are ofws from Thailand. There are many supply of jasmine rice here in the Ph afaik.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 AM

10,090 posts, read 14,959,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
how is mixing with the spanish a good thing? Need to stop this white savior inferiority complex. Every former colony suffered under the church and crown like adam smith said. La leyendra negra. It would have been better for the islands of king phillip of spain to stay under the rajahnate of cebu and tondo. That would be true independence. Idealogically, mentally, spiritually, and culturally.

garuda forever!
It is very weird that most Spanish colonies the people are heavily mixed with Spanish while in the Philippines its not like that. Equatorial Guinea is like that, but they weren’t a Spanish colony for 500 years. In fact, they were a colony for 100 years or so. Most Filipinos simply have 0% Spanish blood.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:11 AM

1,117 posts, read 842,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
It is very weird that most Spanish colonies the people are heavily mixed with Spanish while in the Philippines its not like that. Equatorial Guinea is like that, but they weren’t a Spanish colony for 500 years. In fact, they were a colony for 100 years or so. Most Filipinos simply have 0% Spanish blood.
See my post on the previous page. This is not true and not proven by any genetic research

Old 05-09-2019, 11:24 AM

549 posts, read 722,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
China maybe able to do so but not in the foreseeable future, maybe when they are ready to conquer the world in general not just the Philippines. They maybe able to overpower Africa now but they wont be able to Southeast Asians including Philippines. Development is somewhere near the same territory and overpowering someone would need a brutal force both by economic and firepower. I dont think Phils is that weak as African countries to yield down to them.

Also, idk if you are putting that as a metaphor or figuratively but balikbayans wont send boxes with Jasmine rice unless they are ofws from Thailand. There are many supply of jasmine rice here in the Ph afaik.
I see the first part of this first hand in reference to China and it manipulating it's presence into countries all over the world. I've witnessed it in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador...etc, etc....it's still going on today unfortunately.

On the balikbayan service,my wife has been an agent for 9+ years for LBC. In fact there are four in here currently and three of the four have Jasmine Rice in them. One is going to Negros Occidental and two of them are headed to Angeles City. About 10 - 15 % of the clients are OFW's, the rest are US citizens now. I know, because I do the data entry, Bill of Ladings as well as dealing with them face to face.

If I remember correctly, there were over 18,000,000 (that's million) BB packages handled in 2018 by customs in the Philippines.

Funny enough, my wife owns a substantial amount of farm land in her village but still sends the aforementioned things back home. We are certainly not rich but we're not poor either.

I apologize for my rambling and I'm sorry to get this off track. I hope that the Filipino people will one day have enough of a foundation collectively to force change in RP policies without resorting to violence. This struggle has been going on for far too long. The arbitrary groups always get the blame because they are often the culprits but there is something deeper that is the root of much of the country's difficulties in my opinion.

Last edited by Who Dat; 05-09-2019 at 11:39 AM..

Old 05-09-2019, 11:28 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,809 times
Quote:
Why would he ride a tiger? When he can ride a dragon. China isnt a tiger afaik. Wrong proverb mate
dont know if you are funny or not

did you ever think what the proverb means?

Old 05-09-2019, 11:31 AM

10,090 posts, read 14,959,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
See my post on the previous page. This is not true and not proven by any genetic research
Are you saying that the typical Filipino is 1/3rd, 1/2, 2/3rd, 3/4 or more Spanish, as in Latin America?

The Dominicans were a part of Spain for over 300 years (and after the Canary Islands was the first Spanish colony outside the Mediterranian area, over 200 years the whole island and about 100 years 2/3rd of the island) and on average they are half Spanish. The Cubans and Puerto Rican spent almost as much time as the Philippines as part of Spain and they are over 70% and over 60% Spanish, respectably. Whether its the Chileans or the Mexicans, the Colombians or the Peruvians, the Salvadorans or the Uruguayan; all are more Spanish than the Filipinos. This is despite that the Philippines was a colony of Spain practically during the entire colonial era.

From what I understand that Filipinos is only 5% Spanish and most have 0% Spanish blood. Basically the Spanish left a cultural more than a blood imprint.

Last edited by AntonioR; 05-09-2019 at 11:42 AM..

Old 05-09-2019, 12:54 PM

1,117 posts, read 842,891 times
Quote:
Are you saying that the typical Filipino is 1/3rd, 1/2, 2/3rd, 3/4 or more Spanish, as in Latin America?

The Dominicans were a part of Spain for over 300 years (and after the Canary Islands was the first Spanish colony outside the Mediterranian area, over 200 years the whole island and about 100 years 2/3rd of the island) and on average they are half Spanish. The Cubans and Puerto Rican spent almost as much time as the Philippines as part of Spain and they are over 70% and over 60% Spanish, respectably. Whether its the Chileans or the Mexicans, the Colombians or the Peruvians, the Salvadorans or the Uruguayan; all are more Spanish than the Filipinos. This is despite that the Philippines was a colony of Spain practically during the entire colonial era.

From what I understand that Filipinos is only 5% Spanish and most have 0% Spanish blood. Basically the Spanish left a cultural more than a blood imprint.
Nobody said Filipinos have a lot of Spanish blood. The typical Filipino is 5% European, as I just said. Saying most Filipinos are 0% Spanish is not supported by genetic research. The Philippines is different from any other Spanish colony. Ive never heard anyone try to claim the Philippines is as Spanish as Latin America. Its very obviously not.

Btw did you watch the videos I posted on the previous page? What percent of each video can you understand?

Old 05-09-2019, 07:35 PM

732 posts, read 780,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
dont know if you are funny or not

did you ever think what the proverb means?
Do you think I was trying to be funny when I typed those words? Have you also thought about what I have wrote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat View Post
I see the first part of this first hand in reference to China and it manipulating it's presence into countries all over the world. I've witnessed it in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador...etc, etc....it's still going on today unfortunately.

On the balikbayan service,my wife has been an agent for 9+ years for LBC. In fact there are four in here currently and three of the four have Jasmine Rice in them. One is going to Negros Occidental and two of them are headed to Angeles City. About 10 - 15 % of the clients are OFW's, the rest are US citizens now. I know, because I do the data entry, Bill of Ladings as well as dealing with them face to face.

If I remember correctly, there were over 18,000,000 (that's million) BB packages handled in 2018 by customs in the Philippines.

Funny enough, my wife owns a substantial amount of farm land in her village but still sends the aforementioned things back home. We are certainly not rich but we're not poor either.

I apologize for my rambling and I'm sorry to get this off track. I hope that the Filipino people will one day have enough of a foundation collectively to force change in RP policies without resorting to violence. This struggle has been going on for far too long. The arbitrary groups always get the blame because they are often the culprits but there is something deeper that is the root of much of the country's difficulties in my opinion.
So weird sending balikbayan boxes with Jasmine rice. I do think we have more supplies of jasmine rice here in the PH probably than where you are, except you are in Thailand(but you are in the US I believe).

It's the same manipulation the US has been doing to many countries worldwide, but did that make them Philippines lick their ass? Probably previous administrations but not really in general. If we were intent to lick US ass in the first place we should have just simply asked to be the 51st state?? way before, but we did not. If the US can't, then why would China ever will?

Last edited by neMarL; 05-09-2019 at 07:44 PM..

Old 05-09-2019, 08:20 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:
Why would he ride a tiger? When he can ride a dragon. China isnt a tiger afaik. Wrong proverb mate

I thought china was panda......but they are the raktaa naga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLen29 View Post
Philippines is a rising country

not without proper leadership, collective civic duty from the citizens, a return to prehispanic preislamic roots, and a strong focus on science.

Quote:

I think china will go bankrupt like the ming after the voyages of zheng he. When don't know what's on their books since the government is not transparent.

Quote:
Basically the Spanish left a cultural more than a blood imprint.

^this

pinoys need to talk giving themselves spanish and islamic names.

Indonesia still uses kafir names even though the majority follow the foreign bedoiun ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Nobody said Filipinos have a lot of Spanish blood. The typical Filipino is 5% European, as I just said. Saying most Filipinos are 0% Spanish is not supported by genetic research. The Philippines is different from any other Spanish colony. Ive never heard anyone try to claim the Philippines is as Spanish as Latin America. Its very obviously not.

Btw did you watch the videos I posted on the previous page? What percent of each video can you understand?

just reeks of white savior slave inferiority complex. Why is there an obsession with european blood when the obsession should be promoting eskrima.

Quote:
Do you think I was trying to be funny when I typed those words? Have you also thought about what I have wrote?

So weird sending balikbayan boxes with Jasmine rice. I do think we have more supplies of jasmine rice here in the PH probably than where you are, except you are in Thailand(but you are in the US I believe).

It's the same manipulation the US has been doing to many countries worldwide, but did that make them Philippines lick their ass? Probably previous administrations but not really in general. If we were intent to lick US ass in the first place we should have just simply asked to be the 51st state?? way before, but we did not. If the US can't, then why would China ever will?

No asian country truly trusts raktaa naga especially southeast asia. Vietnam said ********* to them even after being raped by them for thousands of years. majapahit gave them a butt whooping. pinoys could take on china like they took on the japanese if they were united.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia