Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
The kid will have a miserable life.
If the Catholic faith does not prevent pregnancy out of wedlock, why are you afraid of abortion? (Not to say I encourage it.)
Once in the Philippines abortion is illegal. Besides she probably wants to be a mother, at least in the cities better a single mother than what locally translates to old maid.

I am not sure about UAE, but many foreign workers need to run from the Middle East before a pregnancy is physical proof of the crime of fornication.

As for misery, no more than anyone else who lives a full life, spends some hours working and produces the next generation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2019, 07:59 PM

178 posts, read 184,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
The kid will have a miserable life.
If the Catholic faith does not prevent pregnancy out of wedlock, why are you afraid of abortion? (Not to say I encourage it.)
Abortion is homicide, and you can't force the mother to do it.

This should be out of this discussion.

OP already said he will recognize the child and pay child support. And I agree with OP, that's what he should do.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:17 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
Abortion is homicide, and you can't force the mother to do it.

This should be out of this discussion.

OP already said he will recognize the child and pay child support. And I agree with OP, that's what he should do.
Abortion is not homicide in western countries and many other countries in the world.
You are mixing your faith with the law or universal values.

However I understand in UAE and the Philippines there will be legal issues.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:23 AM

178 posts, read 184,974 times
It is murder/homicide and I'm not even a religious person. Faith has nothing to do with this.

Old 04-30-2019, 02:16 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,756,796 times
Quote:
It is murder/homicide and I'm not even a religious person. Faith has nothing to do with this.
It is NOT murder/homicide by law and by moral standard.
I don't support abortion but I hate those who impose their faith on others. You may not be religious but you live in a culture shaped by certain religions.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:08 AM

4 posts, read 2,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzante View Post
Thank you very much, that replies to most.

GF is Catholic so no Sharia Law problem

Just the following questions:

- Does the mother get any right if I recognize the child?
- Does the Child have rights over my assets in UAE, in Italy or both?

Thank youuu
Guys appreciate the interest in the thread but abortion is out of the equation and I want to recognize and support the child.

Regarding the protection we took it but it was ineffective and the lady was a professional worker not a cleaning lady so no stereotypes please

What I don’t want is to get married or being forced to contribute for the mother as well that is not working anymore at the moment

Therefore; my two questions above

Thank you

Old 04-30-2019, 09:24 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,444,813 times
It's pretty silly to sign up to an online forum expecting guidance from members who clearly don't have a clue about either UAE nor Philippine law when what you should be doing is to find an international immigration lawyer.

Though it's pretty obvious that this is a troll account.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:35 AM

1,199 posts, read 724,997 times
Philippine law has a legitimation process that you can go through so that you will have parental rights. Same is true throughout Asia.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:29 PM

910 posts, read 1,082,519 times
Why do people assume this is a troll account. I was in the Navy, I know quite a few men who knocked up a local girl while stationed overseas. It is a difficult issue because a lot of countries don't work well together and they have different laws regarding citizenship.

OP, I admire your desire to claim your son, however, it may be very difficult unless you are willing to actually date the mother to determine if there is any hope for a long term relationship. If not, you may not have many options at all, besides keeping in touch in the hopes that at some point the child would want to reach out to you. The mother isn't under any obligation to allow you to have access to the child, and I doubt that the Philippine government would care. You need to consider your wants, to the reality of the situation. Both of you were guests in a different country when this happened. I wish you luck.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:10 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,477,629 times
Quote:

need an abortion clinic on every street corner. cut the crime down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia