Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 PM

226 posts, read 1,125,914 times

Advertisements

How can one buy land, preferrably raw or prepared land with infrusture but no major structures, in Zhuhai or Jiangmen, Guangdong Province, China, or in nearby areas in Pearl Delta West? How much money would it take and how would I do that?

I heard that property is sold in 70-year leases with the government. Yet, there are also properties that have been in private hands since before the law, therefore making them indefinite-ownership properties as long as the the previous owner agrees to sell the deed. Is that true?

I am also interested in Macau and Hong Kong, but I have heard that those areas are quite expensive for land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 PM

481 posts, read 1,817,445 times
I'm pretty certain that the Chinese still have that law in effect preventing majority ownership of any kind of investment in China, meaning you'd have to go in with a Chinese Partner. Given the level of corruption at the provincial level ... I think you'd be better off either finding some reputable investment fund that invests in China, or focus on India instead, or find some place the lemmings haven't gotten to yet and ruined with their speculative excess.

Not an expert on that, just going off of scraps I've picked up from public radio and other common sources.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:40 PM

226 posts, read 1,125,914 times
I do know those who are Chinese or are Chinese expatriates who are equally as interested as I am in Chinese real estate. If I partner up with them, would that work for "ownership"? Ownership is in quotes as land rights are mostly leased?

Old 07-30-2008, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,176 times
You need to know what your are doing in China you can not own the land only a land lease. I have lived and worked in China for over 8 years however I am American. I have learn to speak Chinese some but it is very difficult to understand. Are you interested in buy raw land and develop a property or a apartment to own or rent out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia