U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:24 AM

15 posts, read 27,619 times

Advertisements

people who say lebanese people are not arabic, should freaking read a book!
they speak arabic, not phoenician.
95% of christian lebanese are phoenician, muslim lebanese are arab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 11:36 AM

15,031 posts, read 13,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabicBeauty98 View Post
Well, Central asians are ASIAN.
arabs are caucasian race, like turks, italians, ukrainians, russians, germans, austrians, irish.
middle easterners are middle eastern ASIAN, not white.
Turks originally are Asians, not "Caucasians"
( So Arabs are not Caucasians either; Semitic people are some kind of "subgroup" if you ask me...)

Old 06-15-2012, 12:59 PM

78,558 posts, read 70,455,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Turks originally are Asians, not "Caucasians"
( So Arabs are not Caucasians either; Semitic people are some kind of "subgroup" if you ask me...)
Turkic Turks still are Asian. It's the Indo-Euro peoples who inhabited Turkey before the Turkic tribes arrived who are "Caucasoid", or, obviously, Indo-European.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Turkic Turks still are Asian. It's the Indo-Euro peoples who inhabited Turkey before the Turkic tribes arrived who are "Caucasoid", or, obviously, Indo-European.
Well, after being mixed with Turks ( under Islamic laws and harems,) who knows how much "Caucasoid" stock is left there.
Asian/African genes are so domineering.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
who knows how much "Caucasoid" stock is left there.
This is an interesting question. I haven't really noticed any Asian-looking Turks. Maybe it went the other way around--maybe it's Caucasoid traits that are dominant. I suspect the Caucasoid peoples far outnumbered the Turkic people when they arrived, so the Asian element got really watered down. But I've never been there or studied this question. This would be worth looking into. Thanks for a good research idea.

ok, here we go (see below). Very little Asian genetic material in Turkey, and even the Turkic peoples of Central Asia and Siberia have a lot of Indo-Euro admixture. So by the time they reached Turkey, they'd lost much of their Mongoloid characteristics, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic...Turkish_people
http://www.counter-currents.com/2011...-of-the-turks/

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 06-15-2012 at 08:07 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
This is an interesting question. I haven't really noticed any Asian-looking Turks. Maybe it went the other way around--maybe it's Caucasoid traits that are dominant. I suspect the Caucasoid peoples far outnumbered the Turkic people when they arrived, so the Asian element got really watered down. But I've never been there or studied this question. This would be worth looking into. Thanks for a good research idea.

ok, here we go (see below). Very little Asian genetic material in Turkey, and even the Turkic peoples of Central Asia and Siberia have a lot of Indo-Euro admixture. So by the time they reached Turkey, they'd lost much of their Mongoloid characteristics, anyway.

Genetic history of the Turkish people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Racial Makeup of the Turks | Counter-Currents Publishing
I don't see anything particularly "mongoloid" about Turks - they look more like MiddleEasteners/population of Caucasus to me ( with clearly present European element among them.) Another group of people that look close to that are Tatars ( Crimean Tatars in particular, ) but they have mongoloid type more prominent among them.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I don't see anything particularly "mongoloid" about Turks - they look more like MiddleEasteners/population of Caucasus to me ( with clearly present European element among them.) Another group of people that look close to that are Tatars ( Crimean Tatars in particular, ) but they have mongoloid type more prominent among them.
Well that's the whole point. There is nothing mongoloid about Turks, because Turkey was full of indigenous Caucasoid tribes before the Turkic element came in, and even the Turkic element itself had a majority Indo-Euro genetic background from those early Indo-Euros who migrated to Asia from the Russian steppes after the last ice age.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Well that's the whole point. There is nothing mongoloid about Turks, because Turkey was full of indigenous Caucasoid tribes before the Turkic element came in, and even the Turkic element itself had a majority Indo-Euro genetic background.
Turks definitely have European element among them, yet at the same time it's a mix with non-Europeans, whoever those non-Europeans are, even if they don't have clearly-cut mongoloid features.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM

62 posts, read 180,408 times
Census is a crock. My grandmother lives in the Appalachian mountains of VA, her DNA test and parents both confirm her genetics and ancestry to be 60% Finnish and 40-30% Mongolian--and or Altaiac /Altay Region (Central Asian?)

My grandmother looks Asian with very white skin. She could easily pass for half Korean, full mongolion or something to that effect! I could call her white or Asian.
Her asian is listed as Kazakh and Uzebek from Altay moutanins, yet she looks Asian not Turkish/middleeastern.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:38 PM

985 posts, read 3,261,607 times
Quote:

Hmm.. my experience was quite different. When I was in Istanbul, I was actually surprised at how many Turks looked Asian. Most of them did look White, but a lot of them looked slightly, if not downright Asian. Maybe in southern Turkey it's different. IDK.

Anyways, as I posted sometime ago, Asian looks among the native population can be found as far West.
I've met a couple of Poles who looked half-Asian in spite of being 100% Polish. At least that's what they themselves said.
Another one I know who comes from Saxony (Germany) also looks half-Asian in spite of no admixture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or