U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 PM

432 posts, read 1,081,638 times
I am a black person myself...

They shouldnt discriminate against Blacks and mongolians just becasue a few africans and Mongolians do harm in their country. EVERYONE IS NOT THE SAME!!WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT MORALS AND VALUES!!

How about the black olympic players..
How about the black and mongolian visitors going to china on vacation

THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 01:04 PM

262 posts, read 301,632 times
Ugh, I wish black athletes would boycott. But...I want the Williams sisters to win gold medals again. I'd be very proud of them if they did, and not mad at them at all if they didn't.

And hell, I didn't know Mongolia was an actual country either. I always hear/learned of Mongolians in relation to ancient China and in a derogatory manner (Mongoloid). And let's not act like 9/10s of us could've EVER pointed to Mongolia on a map before today.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:50 PM

4,361 posts, read 8,063,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMarvin View Post
Well. I guess 1/2 of America's athletes won't be eating.
Who would want to eat anything there anyway! They are taking dog meat off their menus while Americans are there! I would not even support any Chinese for anything. I even try to avoid anything, "Made in China". I think it is a horrible country with horrible people. They have no respect for their children and especially animals.....they eat mans best friend! UGH! I will not even be watching anything Olympics!

Old 07-28-2008, 04:11 PM

646 posts, read 1,663,634 times
We eat cows.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM

3,298 posts, read 5,931,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Who would want to eat anything there anyway! They are taking dog meat off their menus while Americans are there! I would not even support any Chinese for anything. I even try to avoid anything, "Made in China". I think it is a horrible country with horrible people. They have no respect for their children and especially animals.....they eat mans best friend! UGH! I will not even be watching anything Olympics!
Ok, they eat horse meat in Europe, its just their culture, and the people don't control everything, the Government does, its like calling the Americans horrible for supporting Iraq.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 07-28-2008 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Personal Attack

Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 PM

629 posts, read 1,412,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I would beg to differ with you, just because their culture is different then yours you think it's a horrible country? Then by your post you would think most countries are horrible, other than the USA. Eating dog is primarily Vietnamese, eating horse is European, other counties eat monkey. In other countries a cow is a scared animal.

To say you will try to avoid anything "Made in China" will be very difficult if almost not impossible. Every computer and cell phone has components that were made in china, toys, furniture, post, pans, silverware, dishes, vehicle components and etc. all made in China.

To say they have no respect for there children, well some may agree since they have been only allowed to have one child and they want that child to be male to pass on the name and to work and make an income. So how would you handle this if you were born there? As the saying goes, Walk a mile in my shoes. Did you know that mothers in China carry there child everywhere? They don't put them in strollers or lay them down to cry. If they do put them down and that child cries they immediately pick them up. They never let there child cry, they pay constant attention to them and they are never out of the sight of a parent or grandparent.

China has been around a very long time, they have been a large power in the world for a very long time. The Chinese are patient almost to a fault, I would say, but with that has come power.

Personally I think we all need to be more tolerant of everyone's differences, lest we be on the wrong side of that difference.

So you know I am not Chinese, I am a citizen of the US, born and raised here as were my parents. My father was in the military as was his father and my brother. All three of my sons have served in the military and two are still serving and one will be going to Iraq. Everyone is different in their own way, we need to learn to appreciate the difference. Otherwise what would the world be like if we were all exactly the same.....Boring. Look to see what you can learn from the differences, just learn and understand them, it doesn't mean you have to agree with them.

Last edited by MagicTouch; 07-28-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 PM

2,806 posts, read 11,411,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, since none of you probably ever been there or know anyone that lives there, then you would not know why.

Mongolians and blacks have been a constant criminal element in that country and very involved in organized criminal activity dealing with prostitution and drugs.

They are frequently causing criminal and anti-social behavior.

The Chinese did what they thought was best to rid this criminal element.

I bet everyone will love it and want the ban to continue after the games so they can walk and conduct business is a safe environment free from these criminals.

Woah woah woah. The Chinese have a pretty good handle on the prostitution business. I dont' think they need much help from Black people with that racket.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 PM

40,871 posts, read 42,111,031 times
I saw a show on china which had different people coming home after university in europe and the USA. They all commented on the high level of corruption in the country amoung officals. Seems it is common and almost cultural for all kind of officals to get pay-offs ranging from free meals to money in order to do business. Many of the protestors from the 80's said that they decided to forget politics as it was too dangerous.It followed these people thru five years and was on PBS. I definely couldn;t live there but I was surprised that the governamnt let them film this and do the interviews.I was aware that in the asian cultures they have a define order of worth from many friends I went to collage with but this seems to be inviting more controversy but seems they really don't care what the world thinks.Butr then not serving someone seems the least of their problems really.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:09 PM

266 posts, read 780,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, since none of you probably ever been there or know anyone that lives there, then you would not know why.
Mongolians and blacks have been a constant criminal element in that country and very involved in organized criminal activity dealing with prostitution and drugs.
They are frequently causing criminal and anti-social behavior.
The Chinese did what they thought was best to rid this criminal element.
I bet everyone will love it and want the ban to continue after the games so they can walk and conduct business is a safe environment free from these criminals.
Wow! Never knew that until i read your post. I didn't even know there wes a sizable black population in China. Where did they all come from??

Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM

266 posts, read 780,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaMarvin View Post
Well. I guess 1/2 of America's athletes won't be eating.

LOL !! They'll sell their medals for some sesame chicken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia