U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:40 AM

6,745 posts, read 8,077,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Yeah, if I actually believed this crap was widespread I wouldn't call it insignificant.
Do you mean being banned because of a persons race? That type of crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM

2,449 posts, read 4,674,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Do you mean being banned because of a persons race? That type of crap?
Yes. Sorta.
Its crap because its an unsubstantiated claim that Beijing has widespread racial bans. Not because it doesn't matter. But thanks for clearly not reading the point of the rest of my posts and twisting my words. I was actually supporting you in saying that Soju obviously accepts racism, and that's bad.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:59 AM

Note that in Alabama ( a state in a country that repeatedly has had the Olympics, including the 1996 ATL Olympics in parts right in the state) interracial marriage was made officially legal in 2004. In this vote 41% voted AGAINST making interracial marriage legal. You want to talk racism?
CNN.com - Alabama repeals century-old ban on interracial marriages - November 8, 2000 (http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/11/07/alabama.interracial/ - broken link)
There has never been such a law in China.

A state rep. actually publicly opposed interracial marriage:
http://www.cnn.com/US/9903/12/interracial.marriage/

Jesse Helms was openly racist and some newspaper still openly give positive obituaries.
http://www.maynardije.org/columns/dickprince/080704_prince/ (broken link)

It is not limited to the South.

Nazi paraphenalia is produced in places like Ohio and shipped to Europe.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2005/oc...ohio-o17.shtml

The US is hardly without recent racist officials and populations. Plus it has a record of ignoring international norms and invading sovereign nations (not just this administration, but many far back) so that they can support "their son of a b****".
Perhaps the US should have been banned from the Olympics?
Of course I don't really believe that. The US is my home country and despite its flaws I love it. But it shows that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Last edited by bluebeard; 08-04-2008 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-04-2008, 03:49 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,077,376 times
Quote:
Yes. Sorta.
Its crap because its an unsubstantiated claim that Beijing has widespread racial bans. Not because it doesn't matter. But thanks for clearly not reading the point of the rest of my posts and twisting my words. I was actually supporting you in saying that Soju obviously accepts racism, and that's bad.
What are you talking about? Who's twisting? I simply asked what you meant by "crap". I think you're responding to the wrong person

Old 08-04-2008, 05:18 PM

266 posts, read 1,083,560 times
Quote:
Soju, do you actually live in China? Are you actually Chinese? All I know it that soju is a Korean drink.
No, I live in Philly.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:
You're probably not black or Mongolian
I don't remember saying I was either. So?

Old 08-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Yes. Sorta.
Baaaddd Soju baaadd. Nahhh, I think "preference" is more accuate than racist.We all have our preferences just like everyone else. Its just matter of degrees.
That's why we choose to live in certain neighborhoods and travel in certain circles. I'm just real.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Who's twisting? I simply asked what you meant by "crap". I think you're responding to the wrong person
Sorry, I took a connotation that wasn't there.
My fault!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:07 AM

48,955 posts, read 39,428,364 times
I have several Chinese and other asian friends. They tend to have negative racial opinions of blacks if they are raised abroad. Anyone under the age of 40 in this country has been hit very very hard with the concept of racial equality, that is if you are white.

So the irony is that the racists in the US tend to be older whites and younger minorities...truly sad.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,799 times
Default china bans blacks from bars

You have to admit that most americans would do the same if they could get away with it.

They are some of the worst people around and only the certain elites who dont deal with them on a daily basis would say otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or