U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-05-2008, 05:50 PM
 
36 posts, read 216,194 times
Reputation: 57

Advertisements

OMG i think this is really disgusting of the chinese government absolutly disgusting ... what the hell are they doing in my country Namibia if they don't want serve blacks??? I mean here in my country most of them don't pay any tax and thier population is growing at a astonishing rate. I have no problems with them here as they really seem to have blended in with Namibians here and most of them I think of as Namibians. Only real problem I have with them is the pollution and dirt they produce with all thier cheap rubbish goods they sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-05-2008, 06:37 PM
 
266 posts, read 1,107,635 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by dali_wami View Post
OMG i think this is really disgusting of the chinese government absolutly disgusting ... what the hell are they doing in my country Namibia if they don't want serve blacks??? I mean here in my country most of them don't pay any tax and thier population is growing at a astonishing rate. I have no problems with them here as they really seem to have blended in with Namibians here and most of them I think of as Namibians. Only real problem I have with them is the pollution and dirt they produce with all thier cheap rubbish goods they sell.
Are you criticizing the Chinese immigrants in Namibia or the commie Chinese government? You need to distinguish the two. I guess the Chinese are there to make money. You guys should be thankful they are building factories and providng jobs.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-05-2008 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-05-2008, 06:51 PM
 
266 posts, read 1,107,635 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I have several Chinese and other asian friends. They tend to have negative racial opinions of blacks if they are raised abroad. Anyone under the age of 40 in this country has been hit very very hard with the concept of racial equality, that is if you are white.
So the irony is that the racists in the US tend to be older whites and younger minorities...truly sad.
Only these two groups?? I guess you don't live in a major city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 PM
 
52,021 posts, read 41,851,918 times
Reputation: 32458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
Only these two groups?? I guess you don't live in a major city?
I used the word "tend" meaning more likely. Certainly every conceivable group has at least a couple bad apples in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 18 days ago)
 
48,270 posts, read 45,547,731 times
Reputation: 15366
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, since none of you probably ever been there or know anyone that lives there, then you would not know why.

Mongolians and blacks have been a constant criminal element in that country and very involved in organized criminal activity dealing with prostitution and drugs.

They are frequently causing criminal and anti-social behavior.

The Chinese did what they thought was best to rid this criminal element.

I bet everyone will love it and want the ban to continue after the games so they can walk and conduct business is a safe environment free from these criminals.
Here's a thought: Punish the people who committ crimes and leave the people alone who don't do anything wrong. Ever thought of that? Suppose some who is Black or Mongolian want's to eat at a bar and he/she isn't a criminal. Should that person suffer because there are some people of that person's ethnicity committing crimes? And don't give me that crap about "It's their country". Suppose I go to China and I want to eat somewhere, such as a bar? What do I do? Suppose they ban people who look like you? How would you feel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 07:39 AM
 
63 posts, read 199,508 times
Reputation: 33
Even though I am Chinese by race I gotta say some Mongolians look Chinese...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
345 posts, read 789,212 times
Reputation: 207
blacks forbidden from bars in China is crazy but not all that surprising as Asians tend to be the least tolerant of blacks. From the Philippines to even some/many Asian Americans they don't really like blacks much and they don't hide it much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 18 days ago)
 
48,270 posts, read 45,547,731 times
Reputation: 15366
This is very sad because I have planned on traveling to China for years(ever since I was about 9 or 10) and now I am beginning to rethink that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 PM
 
10 posts, read 12,457 times
Reputation: 18
This is such bull****. Apparently the article published was sensationalist ****, BLACKS or MONGOLIANS are not banned from anywhere, (that's against Chinese laws too). Apparently the paper couldn't come up with a source of their information in follow up reports, but one bar did admit to having the reporter there. The bar owner said he'd been told by the local police to 'look out for' Black and Mongolian customers who fitted the description of the local Sanlitun drug dealers.

Turns out this is bad form of course on the police behalf, but its not going so far as some kind of ban. That's ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 18 days ago)
 
48,270 posts, read 45,547,731 times
Reputation: 15366
Quote:
Originally Posted by zupermaus View Post
This is such bull****. Apparently the article published was sensationalist ****, BLACKS or MONGOLIANS are not banned from anywhere, (that's against Chinese laws too). Apparently the paper couldn't come up with a source of their information in follow up reports, but one bar did admit to having the reporter there. The bar owner said he'd been told by the local police to 'look out for' Black and Mongolian customers who fitted the description of the local Sanlitun drug dealers.

Turns out this is bad form of course on the police behalf, but its not going so far as some kind of ban. That's ridiculous.
If what you're saying is true, then a)I would like proof

and b) How did such an article get printed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top