Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:51 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,588,328 times

Advertisements

And while I can't agree with many of the other China defender's statements on this board, I think there is an issue with diverting the topic from more important issues going on in China today. My apologies if you are black, but racism against blacks is not a major issue in China. (PS You would not be "gunned down" for being black in China. That is something that would much more likely happen in the US). Larger issues of prejudice that involve actual government policy have to do more with class (urban/rural, rich/poor, etc...). If you were to attack the idea that there is such thing as an urban residency, where rural residents can't even go to school in urban areas, that needs reform, I'd be with you as noting that as a major issue. If you were to note the major environmental disasters in China, I'd be with you. Even such deeper rooted issues as judicial independence from the government and property rights reform, I'd be with with. Being critical of China is not the problem. It's the tone, manner, focus, and misinformation that I have a problem with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 12:50 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,964,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Well, since none of you probably ever been there or know anyone that lives there, then you would not know why.

Mongolians and blacks have been a constant criminal element in that country and very involved in organized criminal activity dealing with prostitution and drugs.

They are frequently causing criminal and anti-social behavior.

The Chinese did what they thought was best to rid this criminal element.

I bet everyone will love it and want the ban to continue after the games so they can walk and conduct business is a safe environment free from these criminals.

it's pretty clear that it's not the kind of country that i would like to spend my money in either. their gov't should step in and reverse all of that. the olympics are supposed to be a place where ALL citizens of the world are welcome.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:49 PM

[quote=wehotex;4714164]their gov't should step in and reverse all of that. [quote]

Wow, sounds so easy.
The government as its hands full. Its still a developing country, with developing institutions, including justice. THe US at the level of development that China is now wasn't any fairer. It's got its hands full with, oh, I don't know, widespread environmental issues, country stability, widening income gaps, food and energy security, and all while making sure the economy is able to keep producing jobs for it's 1.3 billion people. I hardly think it needs to pursue rumors propogated by small media sources with no reputation.
What do you even know about this news source? Well, let's look right at its webpage.
www.asianews.it Now Available in English and Chinese - Asia News
It's got a clear evangelical agenda. I'm hardly against Christianity, but unbiased (or at least less biased) news sources should not have agendas. This is some fly-by-night journalism that gets picked up by everyone and their mom to get misproportionally spread.
Please think before you get taken in by every piece of garbage you read on the internet.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:06 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,499,893 times
I wonder if the chinese realize their mongoloid

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rhino View Post
There's black people in China? Do tell more, please.
Nigerians are flippin every where! I don't know about China have not been but I do know in Japan certain parts of Tokyo the Japanese and even other races are the minority and the Nigerians are the majority.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:10 PM

266 posts, read 1,233,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodey View Post
Crime is an issue but why divert the topic? Am I suppose to say "yeah so what China doesn't let those ghetto parasite blacks and Mongolians into the bar, atleast I wont get shot by a random Chinese man in China even though he hates my dark skin and thinks I am a black ghost. They call me the "N" word but I feel perfectly safe there. I'm sure if their was an altercation the Chinese Police would side with my ghetto(ie. Black) azz!"
People like you like to harp on little insignificant issues.
Big deal, the Chinese don't want blacks and Mongolians in their bars for three weeks, so what?? They already said why.
I care more about serious issues facing American big cities. You know like deteriorating quality of life by ghetto parasites.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 PM

266 posts, read 1,233,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I wonder if the chinese realize their mongoloid

Nigerians are flippin every where! I don't know about China have not been but I do know in Japan certain parts of Tokyo the Japanese and even other races are the minority and the Nigerians are the majority.
Most are illegals! What are they involved in?
Criminal activities,no? They are infamous for credit card scams in US. And these ultra liberals wonder why people resent certain groups. What a joke!

Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Soju, do you actually live in China? Are you actually Chinese? All I know it that soju is a Korean drink.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:50 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,325,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soju View Post
People like you like to harp on little insignificant issues.
Big deal, the Chinese don't want blacks and Mongolians in their bars for three weeks, so what?? They already said why.
You're probably not black or Mongolian

Old 08-03-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
You're probably not black or Mongolian
Yeah, if I actually believed this crap was widespread I wouldn't call it insignificant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia