U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 AM

5,457 posts, read 12,684,056 times

Advertisements

First the fireworks that were electroncally inserted to the video, now the singing of China's national anthem. I could not care less about the fireworks cheating, but the national anthem was sad.

The girl's voice which was heard was not that of the girl shown on camera; some politician decided that the true singer's buck teeth was a problem, and therefore, wasn't cute enough, so they got a "cute" girl to lip-sync the song at the last minute. I think the original singer is cute enough.

These two events within a week only lend credence to the allegations that China is a country known for espionage/spying, cheating, stealing secrets, forgery, and pirating/counterfiting almost everything imaginable. Does it surprise anyone? Why, if they are such a great country, do they do this?

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 08-12-2008 at 10:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM

395 posts, read 910,488 times
This is the main story on CNN.com. It makes me laugh that they are making such a big deal out of it. I mean, the United States is one of the most shallow and image-obssesed countries in the world. How many girls are cut from commercials and movies because they are not cute enough or don't fit the look that a director is looking for? I'm sure this type of thing happens every day in Hollywood.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:15 PM

202 posts, read 497,605 times
Default I don't know why this even made the news

so what - who cares - if this is all we have to worry about life is good.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:20 PM

6,745 posts, read 8,296,880 times
There is nothing wrong with Yang Peiyi. How insulting...

Does China know the world is watching?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-12-2008 at 09:55 PM.. Reason: copyrighted images not allowed

Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausages View Post
so what - who cares - if this is all we have to worry about life is good.
It's just MB conversation. It woulds like you're uninterested in the subject, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:23 PM

13,106 posts, read 24,898,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post

There is nothing wrong with Yang Peiyi. How insulting...

Does China know the world is watching?
I agree and kudos to her when asked said it was an honor for her voice to be used even though lip synced by another child

Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
This is the main story on CNN.com. It makes me laugh that they are making such a big deal out of it. I mean, the United States is one of the most shallow and image-obssesed countries in the world. How many girls are cut from commercials and movies because they are not cute enough or don't fit the look that a director is looking for? I'm sure this type of thing happens every day in Hollywood.
I think this is a little different than a Hollywood movie. I thought the IOC based the games to be based on honesty and integrity.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,622,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post

It's ia "big deal" when they, like any communist country that uses propaganda to show the world that they care about their false image. I guess that little girl is lucky that she wasn't murdered because her teeth were not perfect. She must have been the only female child in the family!! Their "RED" is still showing in China!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:23 PM

5,457 posts, read 12,684,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I agree and kudos to her when asked said it was an honor for her voice to be used even though lip synced by another child
Absolutely! What an amazing response by this little girl. Even more of a reason she should have been allowed to be seen, she's a cute girl too.

If you want to know the truth, I think the girl that they deemed to be acceptable has more Western characteristics in her looks, or is it just me? Maybe just my odd perception.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:01 PM

3,340 posts, read 8,707,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
First the fireworks that were electroncally inserted to the video, now the singing of China's national anthem. I could not care less about the fireworks cheating, but the national anthem was sad.

The girl's voice which was heard was not that of the girl shown on camera; some politician decided that the true singer's buck teeth was a problem, and therefore, wasn't cute enough, so they got a "cute" girl to lip-sync the song at the last minute. I think the original singer is cute enough.

These two events within a week only lend credence to the allegations that China is a country known for espionage/spying, cheating, stealing secrets, forgery, and pirating/counterfiting almost everything imaginable. Does it surprise anyone? Why, if they are such a great country, do they do this?
Ya.............. Inserted Fireworks in ONE case and a lip syncing makes it so obvious that China spies, cheats, steals, forges, and pirates. Huge evidence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or